Companions Have "__ Wants to Talk" Convo Bubbles, But Have No New Dialogue

Tick

Question

This has happened a few times in the game.  This one was especially notable because it happened with three companions at once toward the end game, where I would expect new dialogue to pop up.

Companions will get the speech bubble, suggesting they have new dialogue/want to talk to you about something, but when you click on it or talk to them, you only see the preexisting dialogue choices.  

In this case, I:

Arrived at Ukaizo, exhausted dialogue with the Guardian of Ukaizo, defeated him, then went to Grand Promenade.  When I got there, Xoti, Eder, and Aloth had speech bubbles pop up, but when I talked to any of them, it only showed dialogue I had already seen.

Imgur link goes to a couple pictures showing the issue:

https://imgur.com/a/XAQqLZQ

I have attached the system specs from dxdiag.exe, the output log, and what should be a save from right after I beat the Guardian of Ukaizo - in the harbor.  If you go to Grand Promenade after you load the file, this issue should happen for you too.

I had to compress it in to a zip file and put it on Dropbox because of the total size.  Please let me know if there's any issue with opening/extracting them!   Or if I'm supposed to do something else.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mecg4vagz0lqsrl/Error%20Zip.zip?dl=0

Thank you!!

8 answers to this question

From what I gather from my own findings, the "wants to talk" appears if there's new content to talk about.

But if you talk to them on the ship it circumvents the talk button, and the new convo is being spoken without clearing the 'wants to talk' flag.

You don't miss out any content though.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

From what I gather from my own findings, the "wants to talk" appears if there's new content to talk about.

But if you talk to them on the ship it circumvents the talk button, and the new convo is being spoken without clearing the 'wants to talk' flag.

You don't miss out any content though.

I'm not sure I quite follow.

The icon has appeared, with no new content, immediately after 8-9 different major story developments, and I've clicked Talk immediately after it appears every time, and each time there has been no new dialogue available in the tree.

I think I've only ever actually been "on" my ship and able to talk to my companions there like three times in my playthrough, but there has never been any new dialogue available on the ship in particular.

There also seems to be fairly little "reactive" content from my companions. They never actually start any conversations about what's going on except as a direct result of doing that companion's personal quest line.

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm missing out, but I don't know how to be sure.

Edit: Okay, upon completing the main story, I checked out youtube for relationship content with the characters, and I've missed out on more or less all of it as far as I can tell. That's honestly extremely disappointing.

Edited by Swingletree