(Still waiting for the official BoW update and the patch changes)

I haven't made a Druid build yet, and this is honestly on the top of my list. I've gotten enough of pure caster Druid with Tekehu.

Speaking of Druids, I have two questions. Do you ever go into your Storm Blight form? You have a lot of powerful gear that you rely on, so my guess is not, unless you've already exhausted all your spellbinds and storm spells and decide to cast other elemental spells instead of meleeing.

And for those who have played the build, how does it compare to a straight up Druid? From what I see, even for a caster, Druid is much more suitable to multiclassing, since unlike a Wizard, its high tier spells suck. Especially tiers 7 and 8 are pretty horrible imo. Great Maelstorm is good, but Wizard has better. I imagine it's the usual case of slower spell progression which is a little annoying, but Druids in my experience tend to be low level-ended with their useful spells, so it shouldn't be utterly terrible. And well, the screenshots show how effective the build is.

(Still waiting for the official BoW update and the patch changes)

I haven't made a Druid build yet, and this is honestly on the top of my list. I've gotten enough of pure caster Druid with Tekehu.

Speaking of Druids, I have two questions. Do you ever go into your Storm Blight form? You have a lot of powerful gear that you rely on, so my guess is not, unless you've already exhausted all your spellbinds and storm spells and decide to cast other elemental spells instead of meleeing.

And for those who have played the build, how does it compare to a straight up Druid? From what I see, even for a caster, Druid is much more suitable to multiclassing, since unlike a Wizard, its high tier spells suck. Especially tiers 7 and 8 are pretty horrible imo. Great Maelstorm is good, but Wizard has better. I imagine it's the usual case of slower spell progression which is a little annoying, but Druids in my experience tend to be low level-ended with their useful spells, so it shouldn't be utterly terrible. And well, the screenshots show how effective the build is.

The Storm Blight spiritshift? Yes... it's most useful prior to Neketaka, since the core equipment of this build doesn't become available until then. And even then, the most useful aspect of the Storm Blight is not so much the single-target nuke, but the bailout teleport.

If nothing else, the bailout remains useful all the way to endgame, provided you ever find yourself in a situation where you have need of it. Otherwise, the Storm Blight isn't really good for much else.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ascaloth, do you think this build could work with replacing Helwalker with Berserker? I'm not particularly into monks from a RP perspective, and Berserker would kinda fit for me. I thought that it would increase melee dmg output and survivability a bit, and strength could still be pumped quite high with Frenzy and an Aumaua. 20 base + 1 Living Lands, +2 Berath's blessing, +1 GotM, +1 Effigy, +5 Frenzy = 30 before any Might bonuses from gear. My biggest concern is the Confused problem since it wouldn't be using DoC BP or Modwyr. Any other sources to nullify this that might work well? I'm actually less concerned with the friendly target dmg, and moreso the loss on int. I also figured that Druid's healing options could be used to nullify th raw dmg dot from Frenzy.

Also curious if with this setup there would be a way to incorporate Deltro's Helm? I'm unsure of the mechanics on everything if it could work.

Thanks for the input.

Hey Ascaloth, do you think this build could work with replacing Helwalker with Berserker? I'm not particularly into monks from a RP perspective, and Berserker would kinda fit for me. I thought that it would increase melee dmg output and survivability a bit, and strength could still be pumped quite high with Frenzy and an Aumaua. 20 base + 1 Living Lands, +2 Berath's blessing, +1 GotM, +1 Effigy, +5 Frenzy = 30 before any Might bonuses from gear. My biggest concern is the Confused problem since it wouldn't be using DoC BP or Modwyr. Any other sources to nullify this that might work well? I'm actually less concerned with the friendly target dmg, and moreso the loss on int. I also figured that Druid's healing options could be used to nullify th raw dmg dot from Frenzy.

Also curious if with this setup there would be a way to incorporate Deltro's Helm? I'm unsure of the mechanics on everything if it could work.

Thanks for the input.

30 Might is still 5 points off the max cap of 35 that Helwalker can achieve, but otherwise it's still a fair bit of raw power. And Confused is not really a big deal either; you can neutralize it easily with the Svef Drug (if you're willing to deal with Drug Crashes), the Wael's Wind alcohol (in which case you may want to wear Drunkard's Regret in place of one of the other Rings in order to avoid Hangover maluses), or if you're feeling extravagant the Captain's Banquet food.

The main question here is; what are you trying to achieve with a Berserker cross in place of Helwalker? I ask this, because that Barbarian subclass is more of a melee-focused one thanks to the bonus Hit-to-Crit of its unique Frenzy, while Fate is designed to be more of a DPS caster type. If you're trying to go for a melee version of this build, there's not really anything stopping you from binding Lord Darryn's Voulge to the Barbarian part of the multiclass; except that means you're losing out on the +3 Storm PL in this case. And if you bind it to the Druid part, you can get those PLs, yes... but you're giving up the Disoriented effect that the Voulge will apply to Carnage.

Also, Berserker's Frenzy also causes Raw self-damage; that can usually be mitigated in many ways, but the thing about Fury is that they lose access to Rejuvenation spells; in other words, no self-healing to counteract the self-damage.

As for Deltro's Cage Helm, there used to be several builds out there that involved inflicting Shock self-damage to power up the Helm's effect... but last I heard, Obsidian nerfed them all. So, sorry. :no:

Ya I realized a bit late that the self-healing wouldn't be an option. The only real intent was a class combination that fit me a bit better. I don't particularly like monks from a roleplaying perspective. Barb's do tend to combine well with casters though. Not too sure if I'll give it a go or not, was just one of those mental ramblings brought on by 4 billion good build choices. >.< Chronic reroller here in the extreme lol.

• 1 month later...

I totally love this build, using it on hireling, and she wrecks. Problem is that killing those halbediers etc is quite trouble being low level on potd, I managed it at lvl 10 with several dominate savescumming, it was not easy. LOL.

And thanks to this i started hating Pelegina, bich leaves party on first whim just goes full postenago(not only this time, several others). No other companion does this ...

It seems collateral damage has been patched. Fate managed to kill party members, but only with storm of 7 wall bounces, or ball lighting. Either way system shock after res is not a biggie. If i compare collateral damage with sage helwalker, 30int aoe dot is more meh - this fury seems way more foe only aoes. Thanks to her tools she dishes out more damage in the long run AND +++ she survives way more than poor squishie. And them stuns, watcher mindstalker loves stunned things! No need wizards lol.

I kinda ignored druids as dps, as presented by mr Tekehu aka sparkcrackers style, so this was real surprise.

Edited by kiki78

• 1 month later...

Would this build still work if I changed the Fury to a Lifegiver? It seems that losing only one power level is not that terrible, in exchange for some excellent support spells. I am in desperate need of support in my party, you see. But, I don't want to give up my precious Fate Testarossa build... it is.. precious to me.

Would this build still work if I changed the Fury to a Lifegiver? It seems that losing only one power level is not that terrible, in exchange for some excellent support spells. I am in desperate need of support in my party, you see. But, I don't want to give up my precious Fate Testarossa build... it is.. precious to me.

If not mistaken you will lose +1 PEN. Also deltro cage has been further nerfed if not mistaken. Charge now is active instead of passive?

Not sure also.. if soulbound allowed to be upgraded to legendary or not in latest 4.0 patch.

If not mistaken you will lose +1 PEN. Also deltro cage has been further nerfed if not mistaken. Charge now is active instead of passive?

Not sure also.. if soulbound allowed to be upgraded to legendary or not in latest 4.0 patch.

Yeah I figured the 1 PEN loss was manageable though...

How does the Deltro's Cage change affect the build?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OP may not be active on this board anymore but would like to thank him for this build! Been having a blast with this build (sad that the game is ending so soon though) but I did swap out the armor for Miscreant’s Leather as it was taking too long to cast my spells.

• 3 years later...