Well, if it’s any consolation, the addition of the electricity keyword means the elemental talent will work with it.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

The basis of the build is mainly to use monk to gain massive might buff through wounds to power the electricity. Not sure how rogue would work, but experiment and let us know!

How can anyone in their right mind try to ship a multimillion dollar product without making absolutely sure that they don't upset all their players with a degree in Medieval English Linguistics?

The basis of the build is mainly to use monk to gain massive might buff through wounds to power the electricity. Not sure how rogue would work, but experiment and let us know!

If that's the case the key point would be dance of death. My playstyle would be only use this when not being targeted and as flank.

hi was wondering if monk can be replaced with rogue. will it work well? my current PT with helwalker/wael and Eder is totally owning my build.

Well...

^ what he said. Fate can put out the Shock damage numbers she does due in part to the fact she can put up to the full cap of 35 Might behind it.

Which is not to say using a Rogue MC in place of Monk isn't viable, because it very well could be and then some. I haven't tested it personally, but try taking an Assassin, and see if the bonus applies to, for example, Storm of Seven Bolts cast from stealth. If the result are damage numbers equivalent to or even greater than what Fate has shown she can put out, then you've got a whole new build you can post on these forums. :)

Say were playing a character that would prefer to solve the Bardatto/Valera feud nonviolently, is there another armor that could be substituted that doesn't gimp the build?

Not that I've found, I don't think there is any other armor that gives Shock PL like Deltro's Cage does. It's actually part of the reason why I've designated Fate as the Watcher of my Huana/Tekehu playthrough.  8)

what is the recovery of your attacks? would it be really slow? since deltro's cage has 55% recovery plus using 2Hander, one swing probably take very long? only way to increase recovery for this build is only swift strikes.

And either Abraham or Cutthroat Cosmo (or Nalvi if you're willing to give up 4% speed on your main to speed up the rest of your goons as well.)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

what is the recovery of your attacks? would it be really slow? since deltro's cage has 55% recovery plus using 2Hander, one swing probably take very long? only way to increase recovery for this build is only swift strikes.

This is true; which is why, as I've stated, the Fate Testarossa is primarily a DPS caster build. The Shock spells are Fate's bread and butter, and sending her into melee is best done after she's already burned through her repertoire. At that point, there's usually only clean-up left to do, and her high Recovery isn't so much of an issue. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Say were playing a character that would prefer to solve the Bardatto/Valera feud nonviolently, is there another armor that could be substituted that doesn't gimp the build?

I could be remembering incorrectly, but I'm pretty sure I pickpocketed this in my current playthrough. I have the helm and have always solved that quest peacefully, never killing Ezzali.

I could be remembering incorrectly, but I'm pretty sure I pickpocketed this in my current playthrough. I have the helm and have always solved that quest peacefully, never killing Ezzali.

Well, we'll see how that goes for my next play through.

Does this still work? Idk how I missed this.

Looks awesome fun.

I did update Fate for v1.2, she still worked perfectly well at the time, even if it wasn't as ridiculous as her first iteration.

I didn't see very much in the v2.0 changes that affected this build, if at all. So, I'm planning to take Fate through the newly-released Beast of Winter DLC (immediately after I've done the same for The Cunning Duelist, for that matter), and then I'll update this build as v2.0 compatible. :yes:

Edited by Ascaloth

I was able to pick pocket Deltro's Cage Helm but not the armor. Maybe I need a higher sleight of hand?

I was able to pick pocket Deltro's Cage Helm but not the armor. Maybe I need a higher sleight of hand?

Before 2.0 I would solve it peacefully, then kill both houses for their gear and get both.  I just tried it on a new play-though in 2.0 and she didn't drop the armor when I killed her :(. Going to try a few other things before deciding I have to side with her to get it.

Edit: Second time I got the chest (and a second Bardatto's luxury). The only difference was on the first try essence interrupter changed her to an ogre.  We may need to test if the change breaks the loot table (unless the drop is chanced based)?

Edited by Theosupus

Before 2.0 I would solve it peacefully, then kill both houses for their gear and get both. I just tried it on a new play-though in 2.0 and she didn't drop the armor when I killed her :(. Going to try a few other things before deciding I have to side with her to get it.

I tried to solve it peacefully and then have both families kill each other, but she didn't drop the armor the either.

Before 2.0 I would solve it peacefully, then kill both houses for their gear and get both. I just tried it on a new play-though in 2.0 and she didn't drop the armor when I killed her :(. Going to try a few other things before deciding I have to side with her to get it.

I tried to solve it peacefully and then have both families kill each other, but she didn't drop the armor the either.

I reloaded a quick save i did right before attacking her, did everything the same, except no transmorph from the bow, and got the thing. So not dropping it might have been some weird bug? IDK.  

• 3 weeks later...

Is this build still viable? And also how does it work with helwalker monk? Do you need to be getting hit for wounds or avoid getting hit and generate wounds another way.

Looks awesome BTW looking forward to trying it

Yes, viable & pretty OP.

The Dance of death gives you wounds w/o being hit (and bonus accuracy).

I always get the enduring dance upgrade too.

v2.0 Update

Is this build still viable? And also how does it work with helwalker monk? Do you need to be getting hit for wounds or avoid getting hit and generate wounds another way.

As a matter of fact? Yes. :yes:

(Warning: Spoilers for the Beast of Winter DLC.)

LNfKsfh.jpg

Here's a screenshot of Fate giving The Messenger the electric business in town.

LzsiW1B.jpg

The conclusion of the aforementioned encounter, where Fate's investment in Sunlance pays off. Just for this alone, it may be worth consider replacing the Ring of Boundless Stars in favour of the Ring of Focused Flame, just so she can fall back on Burn damage via Sunbeam and Sunlance that much more effectively.

6WJqYdi.jpg

As proof that she retains her nuking potency, here's Fate smiting the final boss of the DLC with her signature Storm of Seven Bolts.

TUtp8Wh.jpg

And another one of her exploiting said boss's weakness to Burn damage (very common in the DLC as you might expect from the snowy setting overall) with Sunlance.

As for Wound generation, what Theosupus said; she primarily relies on Dance of Death (and the Enduring Dance upgrade) to build Wounds, and generally avoids spending them if she doesn't need to. Much better to hold onto them for the Might, as well as the Constitution/Intellect bonuses from Duality of Mortal Presence.

• Like 1

Before 2.0 I would solve it peacefully, then kill both houses for their gear and get both.  I just tried it on a new play-though in 2.0 and she didn't drop the armor when I killed her :(. Going to try a few other things before deciding I have to side with her to get it.

Edit: Second time I got the chest (and a second Bardatto's luxury). The only difference was on the first try essence interrupter changed her to an ogre.  We may need to test if the change breaks the loot table (unless the drop is chanced based)?

I believe it's totally the Essence Interrupter with the way it's bugged with Kith/Wilder.  You can test this by critting your companions then knocking them out, which instakills them and you can't loot their bodies.

Edited by Metaturtle

Filthy Chanter Main  :dragon:   :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  -_-

Yes, viable & pretty OP.

Thank you, makes alot of sense now. Not played much monk so wasn't sure. So no need to spend points on wound spenders if Thier just for the might increase?

Yes, viable & pretty OP.

Thank you, makes alot of sense now. Not played much monk so wasn't sure. So no need to spend points on wound spenders if Thier just for the might increase?

Well, yes. Pretty much. There's no harm investing in defensive options like Force of Anguish or Blade Turning, but otherwise you don't really need Wound spenders; that's the thing about playing Helwalkers.