Adam Interview with Shacknews

Adam interview with Shacknews

1. Beast of Winter DLC talk - a tiny bit

2. Beraths Blessing update to make game more challenging 

3. Upcoming free dlc for ship and crews

4. The upcoming main DLCs will be similar in size and scope FNV DLCs

5. Adam favorite character is Eder

6. Talk about choices from POE 1 affecting POE 2. 

I wish POE2 would describe what that choice was that affected the result in POE2. I have seen the icon with a little blurb 'this was because of a POE1 choice you made' but i dont find it always obvious what they are referring to. Wish they would just say what the choice was instead of just generic words.

Edited by draego
  • Like 8

Adam said four difficulties, there are five, devs don't play their own game confirmed, insert memes.

Oh sorry, I'm fresh off the Blizzard forums. ;)

• Like 8

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Adam said four difficulties, there are five, devs don't play their own game confirmed, insert memes.

Oh sorry, I'm fresh off the Blizzard forums. ;)

if not mistaken adam is a techie or something. he deals with optimizing the game, visuals, features, etc. i wished he would buff some effects like lightning and it's sound effects though.

i wished he would buff some effects like lightning and it's sound effects though.

That would be for John Lewis (VFX) and Justin Bell (SFX).

Adam is a programmer, so he's way deep into the bug-fixing hole I believe.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

i wished he would buff some effects like lightning and it's sound effects though.

That would be for John Lewis (VFX) and Justin Bell (SFX).

Adam is a programmer, so he's way deep into the bug-fixing hole I believe.

ahh ok. i remember i watched somewhere that josh mentioned adam was the one who improved the visual clarity like the opacity during pause. thought he was in charge of VFX due to that. my mistake then.

Adam interview with Shacknews

1. Beast of Winter DLC talk - a tiny bit

2. Beraths Blessing update to make game more challenging 

3. Upcoming free dlc for ship and crews

5. Adam favorite character is Eder

6. Talk about choices from POE 1 affecting POE 2.

2: the next target for the nerfing crusade?

3: looking foward to whatever it is

4: I didn't play FNV. How big were the DLCs compared to WM 1 and 2?

sign.jpg

Fallout New Vegas? how big was its first expansions?

Honetly what a crappy answer to that question. Could he possibly be more vague?

Only vague if you haven’t played any of the FNV DLCs

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

“Big” “Size”

No idea what you’re looking for here. He’s trying to provide a frame of reference for people who have played the game (approximately 5 million players). Expect about 10-15 hours of gameplay

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

“Big” “Size”

No idea what you’re looking for here. He’s trying to provide a frame of reference for people who have played the game (approximately 5 million players). Expect about 10-15 hours of gameplay

Yeah Right.

No idea what you are looking for here. Im referencing basically the entire population on planet earth minus the 5 mil you are talking about who haven't played fallout new Vegas. Some 7 billion people.

Jerk

“Big” “Size”

Yeah Right.

No idea what you are looking for here. Im referencing basically the entire population on planet earth minus the 5 mil you are talking about who haven't played fallout new Vegas. Some 7 billion people.

Jerk

Right, because every man, woman, and child is a gamer. As for the community of people who do game, FNV is something of a known quantity. If you’re one of those that don’t get it, that really is ok. Not sure throwing a temper tantrum because Adam dared to make a reference you didn’t get is really necessary though.

I would definitely recommend playing New Vegas, and all the DLC(very cheap nowadays), its main quest is what Deadfire is modelled after and in terms of writing it's Obsidian at the peak of their powers.

The DLCs are probably roughly equivalent to White March in terms of content, but as each DLC constitutes a separate adventure, there's a lot more variation- each one has its own aesthetic and tone, which influences the writing and the items they add. From what little they've discussed of the Deadfire DLC so far the same will probably be true here

Edited by house2fly
  • Like 1