Can only the watcher equip the talking sword even when it becomes a unique?

In 1.0: no, anyone can equip once everything is unlocked.  Not sure about 1.1, but I imagine it hasn't changed.

Normally you just have to acquire it and after that, go to dunnage and speak to his owner, but the owner does not show up for some reason. Is that quest now different?

I just completed the quest. Perhaps you need to bind it and complete the first 3 requirements untill modwyr tells you where to go and then that person shows up. That's what I did. The sword shows more requirements after telling you where to go, but I just went to Dunnage and then she was there so I could turn Modwyr into a sword for everyone.

Sword works the same as in prior patches.

Edited by AeonsLegend

• 2 weeks later...

Strange. Before i could release him and have a reqular sword. Now w/e i do it eather i give him away or keep him with soul attached. Quest have been changed?

Edited by Sifjar

Strange. Before i could release him and have a reqular sword. Now w/e i do it eather i give him away or keep him with soul attached. Quest have been changed?

You need Xoti in your party to release Modwyr's soul. Stats are the same either way.

You need Xoti in your party to release Modwyr's soul. Stats are the same either way.

Maan. Well, it is too late now :) His screams in battle getting little annoying now. Not as annoying as Concelhaut, but still. 

I gotta say, without the shortcut, the whole package is much less appealing.  Apart from boarding battles, I haven't been fighting a whole lot of Kith enemies, so it's taking quite a bit of time to get to 1500 damage (while it is merely "Fine") and 25 kills. 

Best way to get it operational early might be to grab it ASAP, then go take the Kill 'em All approach to Fort Deadlight. 

I gotta say, without the shortcut, the whole package is much less appealing. Apart from boarding battles, I haven't been fighting a whole lot of Kith enemies, so it's taking quite a bit of time to get to 1500 damage (while it is merely "Fine") and 25 kills.

Best way to get it operational early might be to grab it ASAP, then go take the Kill 'em All approach to Fort Deadlight.

As a Beserker/Soulblade I never had any issue in getting the 1500 damage. It only takes about one battle with carnage and soul annihilation. The kills are an issue but at least you don't have to actually record the kill with Modwyr when dual wielding to get credit.