I appreciate that the game understands how I name my ships

That's awesome haha.

Indirectly, I've seen the game act kind of silly because it seems to auto-recognize keywords/phrases.  E.g. an ability grants "Barring Death's Door," and only death is highlighted, explaining the mechanic of companions and the player dying in the game.

• Like 2

The hell, I had a ship named Gellarde for a whole playthrough and never noticed this.

• Like 1

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

I think it might be slightly buggy just like anytime you find "will" in some descriptions with a capital W, it pops up the hint on Will defence.

And I just name all my sheps "Roach".

Edited by Shadenuat
  • Like 5

I like the idea of naming your own character via the other in-game languages!  Especially if the character has a name that matches the culture.  E.g. a Valian word for a Valian character.

The dictionary in the "lore" section of the journal will be very useful.

Edit: there is also the wiki, where I found "fiaces", that was not in the ingame list:

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Vailian_language

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Like 1

sign.jpg

if i posted a few of the names i gave to a few of my islands... i think i'd likely be banned. lol

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

to name a few of my ships... i guess my favorites would be "the Specter of Caed Nua", followed by "the Dread Harlequin", then "Iovara's Defiance", and finally "the Fortuitous Fulcrum" 

Edited by Casper
  • Like 4

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

I named my Galleon Abydon's Hammer, as I'm still a bit salty I didn't get it back.

• Like 1

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

No one else went Boaty McBoatface?

Not yet but I named my chants Songy McSongface and Songy McSongface jr.

• Like 2

Atsura, the intelligent Psychopath of my dreams.  I like my elves grumpy and my godlike fishy!

And my Rekke romancable!

So, based on the first conversation with Pallegina (when you are not nice to her :biggrin:, see link bellow), "men" = "of"? I wonder how I would say "Vengeance from the Flames". "Vengiatta men Fiaces"? It is probably different when it is "of the".

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Pallegina_mes_R%C3%A8i#Pillars_of_Eternity_II:_Deadfire

And does anyone know how to say "sea" in Vailian?

Edit: Her order is "Frermàs mes Canc Suolias" (Brotherhood of the Five Suns) so "mes" = "of the"?

"Vengiatta mes Fiaces" seems better. I'll use it for another PT, with a Fire Godlike. :fdevil:

Btw "Fiaces" is not in the ingame dictionary, but you can find it in the wiki:

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Vailian_language

Edited by InsaneCommander

sign.jpg