I think there is a problem with relationship on this game

I have a 42 hours save (I think I'm in the mid of the game) and I still don't understand how you can have a relationship in this game.
Not only is difficult to gain approval (even if you pick the right answer multiple times you don't gain +1 bar), it's also really easy to lose approval with Aloth (for some reason it's an **** now... it was fun in the first game).

Also it was really easy to get a "love relationship" with Tekehu (I spoke with him one time and it was ready), but there was no real "event" linked to this relationship (not even a "they have sex" thing), also I was not able to reach that point with other companions (even if I have +2 bars with Xoti).
I don't really know, maybe I'm a simple man but I liked the Dragon Age Origins relationship way: if the approval is > n you will get a relationship if possible with that character... I don't know, I really don't like confusing things.

• Like 2

Tekehu's romance involves a series of conversations about past love affairs, culminating in a final encounter; I'm not sure what triggers these conversations, but if you just keep playing the game, talking to him and getting his approval up until you hit +2, you'll see the dialogues.

Aloth's romance doesn't start until he's at +2 approval and it's currently very difficult to reach that point if you're not playing a specific type of character. Mods or cheat codes will help, if you're into that.

Xoti I have no clue about. Were you already 'dating' Tekehu?

• Like 1

Xoti I have no clue about. Were you already 'dating' Tekehu?

No I was not 'dating' Tekehu... he was not even in my party.

I think her quest is also already done (I decided to tell her to use animancy to empty the lantern).

Thank you anyway for all the informations. I will try to reach Tekehu +2.

______

too late for that. Also, I think it's a bit difficult... to recruit Tekehu you need to go to the water guild.... and usually you visit the tavern in the harbor in Neketaka before the water guild.

IIRC, if you have set a positive relationship tag with Tekehu, the first visit with him to the tavern at the harbor in Neketaka goes a bit... differently.

Edited by LiefLayer

Xoti's romance doesn't start until level 8 for me, with her personal quest. Until then, you get some minor flirtations. I've been playing the front of the game, because I keep starting over, and I don't get anything from her with any character until that threshold. Tekehu and Maia pretty much throw themselves at you from the get-go. Early game characters make take a while, so you don't get dialed in before meeting the rest. My character and Serafin are Raider homeboys, but he's never once hit on my character, so I assume it is the same thing.

I think Eder also **** blocks you with Xoti for a while. She seems to gravitate towards him until he gets sick of her. At least mayor Eder does.

They keep whining to me about not getting rest. Does that effect anything in the game

I believe if you don't feed them and let them rest when they have injuries it can result in their permanent death? I know it worked like that in the first game, I accidentally perma-killed Durance a couple of times and had to reload lol.  :facepalm:

Ha! When game released everyone would try to get into your pants. Not so much now. I like it better that way.

In my current playthrough i initiated romance with Maia without much issue, which is good cause I am going pro Rauatai. If I understand the system correctly it requires positive relationship with a companion but it also requires right personal dispositions (passionate for Xoti, stoic for Maia etc).

At the end of the game... just when I was about to go to Eothas last location, I was finally able to get the Tekehu last relationship flag (I don't know how, but I'm happy that I was able to do it before the end).

Maia never really tried to say anything to me.

Maybe Wolmerine is right... Next time I will try with passionate disposition (if I have time to do another run... there are so many games I want to play).

• Like 1