Devoted subclass not working

Octaven24

Question

8 answers to this question

The Devoted subclass is currently giving -10 to accuracy instead of the bonus accuracy when choosing a two-handed weapon as the chosen weapon.  Ranged weapons were not tested. 

Tried right know and all seems fine, my character is a Devoted to Estoc Weapons , and when i use another kind of weapon the accuracy penalty is applied (check video below), so take note that is related just to the type of weapon (Great-Sword, Estoc,Sword,Sabre,Dagger,Rapier, etc) not to the kind of wielding (1H,2H,Ranged, DW, etc)

and there isn't a bonus of accuracy but a bonus to Crit damage and penetration

Pillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire_Screensh

Edited by kilay
  • Like 1

The Devoted subclass is currently giving -10 to accuracy instead of the bonus accuracy when choosing a two-handed weapon as the chosen weapon.  Ranged weapons were not tested. 

Tried right know and all seems fine, my character is a Devoted to Estoc Weapons , and when i use another kind of weapon the accuracy penalty is applied (check video below), so take note that is related just to the type of weapon (Great-Sword, Estoc,Sword,Sabre,Dagger,Rapier, etc) not to the kind of wielding (1H,2H,Ranged, DW, etc)

and there isn't a bonus of accuracy but a bonus to Crit damage and penetration

Pillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire_Screensh

Look at your accuracy. it is 19

it should be 29

Hover over it. 

No, it is 19 as should be

have you watched my video and have you read what i wrote?

1- when i wield an estoc the -10  Devoted is greyed out and there is wrote (Conditional) so that means that isn't applied

2- when i switched to a Great Sword the - 10 voted isn't anymore greyed out and there isn't wrote (Conditional) and that means that the penalty is applied .The same about penetration bonus that is applied only if i wield an estoc .

Don't consider too much the overall accuracy value that you see (that are pretty the same ) cuz the switched weapons have different quality and bonus

Just try to sum bonus & subtract malus to check

Edited by kilay

Yeah, it's working properly for me as well (Greatsword Devoted character). I hadn't even noticed the -10 Devoted conditional bit until I checked just now, you only even see that if you hover and hold shift to show more. Otherwise it'll only show the currently applied and relevant ones. So if there is a bug with it, it's at least not an overly general one.

In the character sheet summary, is the Weapon Proficiency for your chosen weapon showing up properly? Which weapon did you choose? I can whip up a quick Devoted character in my game to see if it's specific to that weapon type (assuming it's not Great Sword or Estoc).