I'm mostly put off using sidekicks because they barely have any dialogue or reaction to in-game events. But they don't have none. So what bits have people seen where a sidekick has something to say? I'm going to do another playthrough where I use mostly sidekicks and I'd like to know in advance who is best to bring where.

Edit: whoops, meant to put this in the spoiler forum. Well if it doesn't get moved, please hide any spoilers!

Edited by house2fly
  • Like 3

Dataminin' says the sidekick with most interactions is Rekke with 11, and Fassina has the least  -- 3. Compare Tekehu with 324, Xoti with 289, Eder with 273 and it's obvious they ain't worth the hassle. Either roll with the companion party for the social stuff, or make your own adventurers for the optimized stuff.

How soon people forget they also have unique voice sets.  If you want full on companion interaction don't use them, use the companions.  But if you don't care about that, no reason not to slot in a sidekick that fits your class desires.

even if you don't bring them along on your travels, they will occasionally have remarks to make onboard your ship.  also?  that's a good reason to keep levelling them and giving them your best hand-me-down gear, even if you don't include them in your main adventuring party.

because they WILL participate in ship-ship boarding combat, even if they aren't in your party.

once you have a handful of those sidekicks, properly leveled and geared, you don't even have to move once when you have a boarding action.  they will pretty much wipe the floor with most of those kinds of combats.  your regular sailor crew is background noise in comparison.

don't forget to also set their AI protocol, and turn it on before you leave them on board your ship.

I forgot to do that and the first combat after levelling them they just stood there, doing nothing :p

Edited by Ichthyic