It sounds cooler than it is imo. You miss out on good weapon enchants, and spells don't have great pen or accuracy. Although it might work well multiclassed with a fighter. I abandoned my fury druid run, so I don't know if it gets better as you get farther in.

• Like 1

currently crafting a druid/monk build with heavy caster focus. still not sure if it will go fury cause i dislike the automatic spells (lvl 1-6 all generic aoe nukes). shifter has a really good spelllist, dont really know if i like storm blight more then i hate the spelllist :>

anyways, monk is pretty straight forward for multiclassing: lots of attribute increases and reliable +12 accuracy for a spellcaster. gonna go helwalker for a total auf +45% damage from might bonuses, +2 penetration, 15% action speed, 100% area, 50% duration and that sweet sweet 12 accuracy. much better then a fighter for caster build (fighter is much better for crit-reliant builds)

/edit

oh and monk gets alchemy, so +1 powerlevel for some spells ^^

Edited by CountGrishnackh
  • Like 1

If you want you can try Fury/Bleak Walker with Scion of Flame, Spirit of Decay and Heart of the Storm. Choose Wildstrike Freeze. Your FoD strikes while shifted will deal 4 different damage types and will have +3 PEN. Your elemental spells will have +2 PEN (except freeze which will oy have +1).

It's not OP but for me it was fun.

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Oh, that's a really good idea Boeroer, I hadn't thought of that. You could also add the ring of focused flame to get some more accuracy on the FoDs as well. I might have to try somethin like that on my Bleak Walker run.

• Like 1

I love the idea of Fury Druid.  I never played a druid in POE1; I min/max to the extent that that means having each party member to do just one job well, and I always set up my parties to avoid melee because I find melee tedious.  If I ever included a druid, I'd have wanted him to be a nuker, not a werecat, and so the shapeshift always seemed like a waste to me.  In POE2, Fury is exactly what I always wanted in a Druid.  I don't even care if it's not 100% perfect.  (Losing out on healing spells sucks, so I also have an Eothas Celebrant in the party to do the buffbot/healbot job.)  Fury has the best AOE nuke spells in the game, with the longest range and the biggest AOE.  That leaves your wizard free to be the multi-tool disabler he/she excels at.  I'm playing mine single-classed because I want to get to the high level spells as quickly as possible.

Edited by Killabkilled
  • Like 1

I ran a single class Fury on my first playthrough (Veteran difficulty). I definitely appreciated having earlier/additional access to powerful spells. Great Maelstrom in particular was pretty much an instant-win to any fight, even with level scaling. Not sure how a single class Fury would hold up for PotD difficulty where it is so much harder to actually hit anything.

• Like 1

I've played a single-class Fury druid on Veteran and it worked very well. I went with Lord Darryn's Voulge with its +3 PL for Storm spells (it hasn't been nerfed), and took all of the elemental +1 PEN passives (so +2 PEN for elemental spells, with the +1 that the Fury gets for free).

With that setup, you do massive amounts of AoE damage, though it's not so great at taking down a single enemy quickly.

I wouldn't attempt to solo a Fury on Veteran or higher, but in a party, it's done more damage than the rest of the party added together (granted, a couple of the custom AI scripts I set up prioritize healing over attacking, so those two don't do much damage). I think the fourth level Hail Storm might be my most damaging spell (Great Maelstrom is probably better, but my tanks are finishing off their enemies so quickly at high levels that they run into the AoE before its second blast triggers, so I don't use it as often; Plague of Insects seems pretty good too, but it's not as obvious how much damage you're doing with it -- and none of your Fury, Storm, or Elements bonuses apply). I also like Relentless Storm because it can briefly stun a bunch of enemies over and over again, and Sunlance for when I need to attack a single target.

You wouldn't actually spend much time spirit-shifted with this build, because you lose the bonuses from Lord Darryn's Voulge (and your spiritshift form simply isn't very good, though I haven't tried a specialized build like Boeroer's). I'd generally only spirit-shift after I ran out of spells and wanted to use the spiritshift's extra lightning ability, and then teleport and attack from a distance. I've never bothered with Empower on this playthrough (for anyone in the party), so I don't know what the spells look like when they are empowered.

• Like 1