Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ydwin

Ydwin companion sidekick Obsidion Development DLC

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Thibax

Thibax

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 32 posts

Rekke, please!  :dancing:

• White.Kelevra likes this

Nemesis7884

Nemesis7884

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 365 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

i think she could be tied into the first dlc because the story is also about animancy and venutring into the beyond, thats kinda her thing

• InsaneCommander likes this

Archaven

Archaven

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1227 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Mirke > Ydwin

:o

+1

Mirke is the most fun, cheerful and cute sidekick obsidian has ever created. I really like that she fleshed out as a full companion in expansion. And she's a pirate and seems suited very well with Deadfire's piratey theme :)

evilcat

evilcat

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 882 posts

Mirke or Ydwin? Pirates or Necromancers? Some question may remain unansweared.

Both.

Mirke is also good, she fits the sea theme, and is always in party fun stance. But the companion roaster need to be versalite including yandere and tsundare, party girl and bookwurm.

• InsaneCommander likes this

aksrasjel

aksrasjel

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

But the companion roaster need to be versalite including yandere and tsundare, party girl and bookwurm.

As for female companions, we already have yandere and tsundere covered (Xoti and Pallegina respectively), Maia can actually be assumed to be a party girl (she sleeps with everything that moves no strings attached, so I'd say she fits). We are very much lacking in a kuudere bookworm departement. (And for those a bit too open-minded - no, Aloth does not count).

Seriously though, Obsidian really played into their own net with this whole sidekicks idea. No matter what they do, *someone* will be really salty. Either the fans of a sidekick that was not picked to be expanded, or the fanbase as a whole, if they decide not to expand them at all.

Edited by aksrasjel, 16 June 2018 - 11:51 AM.

• InsaneCommander and evilcat like this

daven

daven

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 519 posts

The Dwarf is the only one worthy of any time!

• Skazz likes this

Skazz

Skazz

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 673 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

The Dwarf is the only one worthy of any time!

Yes! Konstanten is clearly and demonstrably the only hero we need.
  • daven likes this

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1482 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

As for female companions, we already have yandere and tsundere covered (Xoti and Pallegina respectively), Maia can actually be assumed to be a party girl (she sleeps with everything that moves no strings attached, so I'd say she fits). We are very much lacking in a kuudere bookworm departement. (And for those a bit too open-minded - no, Aloth does not count).

So that is why she became a ranger.

So, i was just wondering. Do sidekicks have anything to say after you recruit them? Cause i never used them, but i wonder how people can "fall in love" with them since they literally have just 1 line of dialogue to recruit them (except from fassina i guess)

Did you try Konstanten's massage?

• Skazz likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ydwin, companion, sidekick, Obsidion, Development, DLC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users