Collector's Edition delivery... pending.

Shipment Status : Pending...

When can i expect to read "Shipped" ?

One or two week why not, a delay can happen, but now... it's not respectful i guess.

My Pillars 1 box feels alone.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

The last official word I've seen was last week:

Physical Backers

For those who backed Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire at a physical tier, we have good news! The fulfillment houses are getting everything in and packaging it all up now. We have a batch of them (as you can see in the video above) and we're very happy with how they turned out. Within the next few weeks orders will be going out. When your items are shipped to you, you'll receive an e-mail from the fulfillment house with a tracking number letting you know it's on the way. We apologize again for the delay in these items and we hope that you enjoy them once they arrive.
  • Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Ok, thank you.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

• 3 weeks later...

Still not a word (email or otherwise) on when (if?) these will be shipped. So many KickStarter/Fig projects have done this to their higher tiered backers. Delay, delay, excuse and/or "sincere" apology, delay, promise the items are going out soon, delay then silence. No wonder why the game crowdfunding fad has all but faded... :verymad:.

• Like 3

Shipping Soon

• 2 weeks later...

Yes... 

Shipping Soon

Since more than 2 weeks now...

Next step "Shipping soon but not too soon haha" ...  ;(

Edited by BillyCorgan

Hey man did you not hear? In the third update since they announced "soon" they have upgraded us to "please keep an eye out!"  You know, the kind of informative specificity that fills backers and customers with relief and really brings us up to speed on the time frame of the whole process.

• Like 5

Honestly, for a studio like Obsidian I think it's absolutely not serious. It's sad but next time I do not know if I would backed a "physical" version ... I like collectors editions, but it's even more enjoyable when it's when I play the game whose box is on the shelf. There I have 200h on Deadfire and ... nothing. I would have bet $ 40 and not $ 200 it will be the same ...

• Like 2

Honestly, for a studio like Obsidian I think it's absolutely not serious. It's sad but next time I do not know if I would backed a "physical" version ... I like collectors editions, but it's even more enjoyable when it's when I play the game whose box is on the shelf. There I have 200h on Deadfire and ... nothing. I would have bet $ 40 and not $ 200 it will be the same ...

Yeah I don't think I would.  The experience has not been an enjoyable one so not sure why I would. 

• Like 1

This is certainly the last time I will be backing any Obisidian products after this abysmal experience. I have no reason to do so in the future. I can just buy the game a year or two after release, when development is ACTUALLY done, and not worry about my physical rewards never showing up.

• Like 2

This is certainly the last time I will be backing any Obisidian products after this abysmal experience. I have no reason to do so in the future. I can just buy the game a year or two after release, when development is ACTUALLY done, and not worry about my physical rewards never showing up.

Considering the standard bearer for Kickstarter awfulness is Mighty Number Nine, a game whose entire breadth of physical rewards didn't show up for over a year this really doesn't strike me as bad. We know things are shipping soon and that's far more than the MN9 backers got. Obsidian has been clear from the get go about things being delayed. Oh and you can also not play the game for a year or so so it can be properly patched.

Your post seems to be motivated more by a lack of patience than it does evidence that things won't be dealt with in a proper fashion. That's by no means a bad thing but the latter is way worse than the former.

• Like 1

Yes! We have no bananas.

Considering the standard bearer for Kickstarter awfulness is Mighty Number Nine, a game whose entire breadth of physical rewards didn't show up for over a year this really doesn't strike me as bad. We know things are shipping soon and that's far more than the MN9 backers got. Obsidian has been clear from the get go about things being delayed. Oh and you can also not play the game for a year or so so it can be properly patched.

Your post seems to be motivated more by a lack of patience than it does evidence that things won't be dealt with in a proper fashion. That's by no means a bad thing but the latter is way worse than the former.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Not_as_bad_as

Just because worse things exist doesn't discount the bad-ness of the situation at hand.

>Obsidian has been clear from the get go about things being delayed.

Not really. They have not explained, they have not discussed, they have merely said empty platitudes like "we know you are waiting" and "we hope to have them soon" and "insert empty positive comment here".

Lack of patience? The game has been out for MONTHS and we still don't have our physical rewards. I had plenty of patience when I didn't complain a peep until MONTHS later.

I have backed plenty of kickstarters and other crowdfunded projects who have had delays of physical rewards - even those where the physical reward was the sole object of the crowdfunding, and in every case outside of PoE:II, (and Wasteland II and Torment from InXile), the originators of the project have always been extremely forthwith in explaining any delays, and why they occurred, and what the holdups were, and so forth.  All we have from obsidian is "its coming" and "sorry but its gonna be great lol". Even PoE:I had some small delays, but as I said previously, I felt they set the bar for this sort of thing in how well handled it was - and WL2 and Torment were abysmal in comparison. It's obvious from your flair you did not have the experience with PoE:I to judge PoE:II's fulfillment against. If you had, I would gather you would feel a similar sense of slight.

My post is motivated by the obvious lack of overt concern that Obsidian is expressing with their horrible fulfillment situation. 

• Like 2

Sorry to hear you are that frustrated, I just like giving them **** for the lack of details. I have full confidence I will get my physical copy sometime in the “soon” future. I am waiting to play the game through til I get my copy and can have something akin to the unboxing I thought physical backers would receive at launch, which needed work anyway.

I played for about 2 hours at launch and my companions starting bugging out and accelerating through disposition at such a high rate that my pallegina and the new priestess acted like old enemies 2mins after being in a party together and the priestess was already trying to jump my bones. So maybe waiting for physicals and patches is not the worst thing.

Sorry to hear you are that frustrated, I just like giving them **** for the lack of details. I have full confidence I will get my physical copy sometime in the “soon” future. I am waiting to play the game through til I get my copy and can have something akin to the unboxing I thought physical backers would receive at launch, which needed work anyway.

I played for about 2 hours at launch and my companions starting bugging out and accelerating through disposition at such a high rate that my pallegina and the new priestess acted like old enemies 2mins after being in a party together and the priestess was already trying to jump my bones. So maybe waiting for physicals and patches is not the worst thing.

It's not the game per se, I am unhappy with - I know Obsidian never "finishes" a game until about a year post-release. I typically do a quick main-quest play through (which I have already done) and then wait until they are done messing about with their "balance" game that they play, and finish off the DLC before I go again. But I do appreciate receiving my physical items so I can put them on my display shelf and/or read through the books and other related items - and the lack of communication and detail is what makes it so frustrating. When my rewards for Machine of Death were delayed, the project clearly explained the situation, and delays, and why things were held up - details about the customs issues they had, about the boat shipping the merch from China being missed by their vendor, and having to catch another boat, and so on and so forth. Hell, even with Torment, as ****ty as that was, they explained quite a  bit about the delays and made it the FOCUS of their followup posts. 

Meanwhile, Obsidian is treating the physical rewards as an afterthought in nearly all communications, as if they are avoiding even discussing them as much as possible - which lends one to think this must wholly be their fault, and completely within their control. And it certainly is a very stark comparison with PoE:I fulfillment, where I received my signed collectors edition just a couple weeks after the actual wide release date.

• Like 1

Regarding that last paragraph of yours: that is true enough, but on the other hand, we're really in a sorry situation if we take it for granted that a game is essentially still a demo upon release. I perfectly understand the need for patches, and I am happy to accept them as a given, but there's a difference between a game that needs polishing and a game that is nowhere near ready when it comes out.

• Like 1

Still silence from Obsidian....?!! :banghead:

No? You were told that there was a delay and I believe the stuff is currently inside a warehouse waiting to be shipped. The latter part isn't in Obsidian's control. You can check on the status from the backer portal.

Yes! We have no bananas.

Has it been mentioned/offered to just give our money back for the physical rewards?  Loved the game, and it obviously turned a profit, so I'd not have hard feelings if they just paid me back for the statue I thought I was getting, which...  I really don't care about anymore.

All I can tell you is I have been waiting along with you. They (Obidian) feels that silence is the way to handle this.... Out of sight may feel like out of mind but it is less about not receiving my physical rewards as it is the fact they have chosen to ignore the financial backers that helped bring their dream to a reality.

That is just poor business. Whatever happened to under promise and over deliver? Now days it seems to be more and more about over promising and then under delivering.

Just my 2 cents. Not that they seem to have to listened to my input up till now...

All I can tell you is I have been waiting along with you. They (Obidian) feels that silence is the way to handle this.... Out of sight may feel like out of mind but it is less about not receiving my physical rewards as it is the fact they have chosen to ignore the financial backers that helped bring their dream to a reality.

That is just poor business. Whatever happened to under promise and over deliver? Now days it seems to be more and more about over promising and then under delivering.

Just my 2 cents. Not that they seem to have to listened to my input up till now...

I believe that I will eventually get my stuff but I no longer trust them due to the way they have handled this.