Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Armor penetration is a pain in the ass. Stacking armor is OP.

Armor Armor penetration

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Erik Dirk

Erik Dirk

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 95 posts

Keep in mind that 15% reduction is going to have increasing returns. I.e 40% to 25% is actually a 37% reduction

A linear reduction to 25% would actually be as follows.

0 - 100

1 - 76

2 - 57

3 - 44

4 - 33

5 - 25

Given the recovery penalty I'd suggest medium/heavy armor should always offer some protection, I'm not sure if the coding would allow this as a mod but it'd be pretty cool if different armors had different reductions.

Light Armor  

0 - 100

1 - 76

2 - 57

3 - 44

4 - 33

5 - 25

Medium Armor  

0 - 90

1 - 70

2 - 54

3 - 42

4 - 32

5 - 25

Full Plate  

0 - 100

1 - 61

2 - 46

3 - 35

4 - 26

5 - 20

In regards to over penetration it'd be pretty cool if it could translate to a graze to hit, hit to crit mechanic as this would be a bit more realistic

Edited by Erik Dirk, 09 October 2018 - 04:23 AM.

Phenomenum

Phenomenum

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 417 posts

"Given the recovery penalty I'd suggest medium/heavy armor should always offer some protection, I'm not sure if the coding would allow this as a mod but it'd be pretty cool if different armors had different reductions." - nope, this is not available.

"In regards to over penetration it'd be pretty cool if it could translate to a graze to hit, hit to crit mechanic as this would be a bit more realistic" - can't implement this too(

Phenomenum

Phenomenum

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 417 posts

Okay, a've added additional two versions (4 versions for now)

Spoiler

Edited by Phenomenum, 09 October 2018 - 06:22 AM.

Taurus

Taurus

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Will try your mod sir!

Ancelor

Ancelor

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 114 posts

has anyone who tried this mod have any comments?

I'm thinking of getting one of the versions

Rooksx

Rooksx

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 47 posts
I'm using the version that scales for under and over pen, playing on PotD. I'm not a theorycrafter and this is only my first playthrough, so I can only comment on how it 'feels' rather than offering any detailed mechanical discussion. So far it's been good - the combat remains challenging, some fights may actually be more difficult because enemies get damage bonuses when their pen exceeds but does not double my AR. On the flipside, I get a damage bonus when that situation is reversed. I like that abilities that raise my AR by a small amount are now always useful instead of only having an effect if they cause my AR to hit the threshold points.

I haven't got high AR armours yet, so right now enemy pen is more likely to exceed my AR. Once I do get better armour, it's possible that the mod will make things easier compared to the vanilla position. I don't know what the typical difference is between enemy pen and my AR in later stages of the game.

Edited by Rooksx, 13 January 2019 - 03:40 AM.

Ancelor

Ancelor

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 114 posts

cool... I was interested in scaling armor penalties and ideally no over pen bonus at all (cause it makes no sense to me).

I am thinking of using the second version with 5 iterations

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Armor, Armor penetration

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users