Late Bloomer ;) Can’t find my MacOS PoE1 import

I have done as much internet research as I’m willing to do, as well as scrolling through these forums.

I finished my game over a year ago and then recently went back and finished some side quests when I couldn’t get a saved game to load on PoE2, thinking that was the issue (not very tech savvy, unfortunately). Fini (White March 1 & 2) again and still cannot find a file to import.

Have looked all through my MacOS according to what I have found online, to no avail. I would love to play the new game, but starting with my choices, etc. I’ve already made.

I’m at a loss. Can someone please help?

Thank you so much in advance.

Just to make sure, you did finish Pillars of Eternity 1 right? You got to the final encounter, killed the boss and made the final choice, the ending slides popped up and showed you the consequences of your choices, the credits rolled and then you were sent to the main menu?

Have you made any kind of clean-up in the meantime? Deleted your old PoE save games? Moved them to another location etc.?

• Like 1

Absolutely. I did the ending again recently just to make sure; doing some side quests first and HAD to fight Thaos again, end story rolls, credits go on forever. . .

My games are auto-saving IN the game itself AND I can do the override save.

I play PoE from the Apple App Store, not on Steam or anything else.

I’ve gone around looking for my saved game but it’s a bit over my head on my iMac. I recently (BEFORE I went back and replayed the end to ensure a saved game) switched things to be saved into the cloud so that I would have enough room to play this game on my computer. I have external memory, too, for backups, but I wanted to make sure everything was safe so I did it this way. I’m not sure if that’s why I can’t access any save games. This is literally the only game I play and I can only play in the summers when my kids are home from school so I’m super novice.

TBH I don’t know how much info I’m losing by starting over. Characters? Money? Situations? Etc. and I don’t yet know how to import that info individually into PoE2, though I’ve read that you can. I hate to lose all that I’ve done; it’s gut wrenching to think about.

Y’all are awesome for helping.

TBH I don’t know how much info I’m losing by starting over. Characters? Money? Situations? Etc. and I don’t yet know how to import that info individually into PoE2, though I’ve read that you can. I hate to lose all that I’ve done; it’s gut wrenching to think about.

Y’all are awesome for helping.

Sadly, I can’t help find the save file; I use Windows.

However: you don’t lose money or anything like that when using the custom history editor.

PoE2 starts with you losing almost everything you had as Lady or Lord of Caed Nua, so you’re starting from scratch.

In the editor, you’re presented with the same choices you were given at critical points in PoE 1 - for instance, did you sacrifice a companion in the blood pool, and if so, which? What did you do with the dwarves spirits at the forge in the White March?

There will be consequences in PoE based on the decisions you make. Which companions are available, what happened to them between PoE 1 and PoE 2, whether certain items are available, etc.

• Like 1