[1.1] Drunkard's Regret did not prevent hangover from Meppu

thelee

Question

I definitely had Drunkard's Regret equipped when I rested with Meppu on my main character. I rested again with Meppu again, and sure enough I got a hangover effect from meppu, even though Drunkard's Regret says it should grant me immunity to hangover if worn while drinking. It has worked on other alcohol, so maybe it is Meppu-specific issue.

Dropbox link to quicksave after resting with hangover effect, along with output_log: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8nkvhpu0qeh1a9f/AADQJEqi2dQanjPTFjTcvL1La?dl=0

I also included an autosave of when I first entered the level, before I rested.

6 answers to this question

Hi, upon further experimentation the problem is specifically if i rest again using alcohol, the hangover effect occurs.

So, to clarify:

1. equip drunkard's regret.

2. rest, using alcohol.

3. rest again, using non-alcoholic food -> no hangover effect (works!)

The issue:

1. equip drunkard's regret.

2. rest, using alcohol.

3. rest again, using alcohol -> still a hangover! (does not work)

Actually, I'm not sure drunkard's regret works at all.

The only reason why I thought it was working was because I was feeding my character with Mariner's Porridge, whose description says "a remedy [...] for hangovers". Apparently it actually does keep away hangovers.

If I use literally any other food, I still get hangover effects from alcohol, even though I have Drunkard's Regret equipped.

I'm not sure if I should make a new thread for this. Anyway, the same bug happens if you have pukestabber equipped (with the Iron Stomach enchantment). Should prevent hangover, but every other time I rest using alcohol in a row, I get the penalty.

I'm not sure if I should make a new thread for this. Anyway, the same bug happens if you have pukestabber equipped (with the Iron Stomach enchantment). Should prevent hangover, but every other time I rest using alcohol in a row, I get the penalty.

you should probably file a new bug; I think Obsidian only rarely re-checks old bugs for new issues.