Mod Request - Treasure chest of consumables.

I would love to have a chest of consumables that I could use to upgrade weapons and armour with. The scarcity of consumables is an important part of the game's balance, I'm aware, but this is for fun and possibly a useful thing for those intending to solo deadfire and I'm a linux player so I don't have access to windows-based cheat consoles to just give me the stuff. You can put an upper limit (but make it large) if you want, or make them infinite, but bear in mind there are about 15 that are very heavily used in upgrading the quality of items. Some items like adra ban and sapphires are almost never repeated or offered in vendor reloads, whilst a bunch of items are rare drops from unique entities, and there's only so many xaurips you can kill.  Some items are equivalent but only work for certain weapons, eg to upgrade some items to legendary you can use kraken eyes, but that doesn't always work for other items. The chest should be on the initial island somewhere, whether with a vendor or not is up to you.

Anyway, let's have a stab at it and I will do a solo run and advise requirements as I go if you wish.

Tomorrow I'm gonna TRY to add a vendor - can't promise this will work (often I know when something is defo gonna work - this one is HMMM)

If I give her a load of junk doe that fulfil this REQ?

Chests I've been exploring today - no luck yet....

• Like 1

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks 

Pedantic comment

I know it skews the game but is a valid REQ

I'd much prefer a pet shop (I can buy a Nemnok from etc)

The potential MOD is to solve two problems / REQs IF I can get it working

1) It fulfils the original REQ

2) It relaxes Vendor clash

• Like 1

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks 

I meant chiefly materials that upgrade weapons and armor, but an all-round consumables chest would be just as good!

If it helps, I've seen successful mods add items to the fishmonger in Port Maje and someone else added trinkets and a new vendor in the same place, so vendors seem to be doable but not chests yet?

Edited by ewe2

I meant chiefly materials that upgrade weapons and armor, but an all-round consumables chest would be just as good!

If it helps, I've seen successful mods add items to the fishmonger in Port Maje and someone else added trinkets and a new vendor in the same place, so vendors seem to be doable but not chests yet?

I think it'd be cool if we had some sort of unlocking system where at the start it would be hard to get upgrade items and find high level gear and the further you get you get access to more and perhaps do some quests to save a merchant that becomes available through story progression that sells these things. It would be something to work for rather than just breaking the game by putting a Merchant in Port Maje.