Whispers of the Endless Path - Blade form

kmbogd

Question

The feature Blade Form should reduce the recovery time by 2% with each hit (stacks up to 10 times). Thus we should be able to achieve a maximum of -20% recovery time. Unfortunately it seems that the max we can achieve is -17% recovery time, somewhere after the 5th hit we get only about -1.5% recovery time per hit.

whispers%20of%20the%20endlress%20path%20

3 answers to this question

As of 3.0 we still don't get the full -20% but still -17% (which is essentially more than 1 stacking less). The way I think this is currently implemented is rounding the - 2% recovery time to some number related to the recovery speed (the game works with speeds under the hood) and then multiply it by the number of stacks. Hence the error from rounding is increased many times. It should be 2% multiplied by the number of stacks first and then transformed into recovery speed. This way when rounding you get a much smaller error.

Also I've just observed that the cone attack does not work properly in all situations. There are cases when the yellow zone displays targets as included in the area of attack but when the attack is performed they are not damaged.

Yes - and this is also the case for many other enchantments/abilites that can grant a stacking attack speed bonus (see Reckless Brigandine, Mob Stance). So I guess it's the underlying method that is used for all those effects - and not exclusive to the WotEP.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods