I'm not sure if anyone already brought this up but I know there are at least two fan versions of the map of Eora on the internet, and it looks like nothing official has been released yet. Whenever someone asks for a map of the world, they get directed to one of the fan made pictures. But. 

I've been running around Brass Citadel today, and I saw this in the Officer's Lounge on the hazatoha table: 

2d2c17be7a2bcb5f5dbb169102402745.png

It's in the game so I'd say it's as official as it can get. As for the lands themselves, my guess goes as this (sorry for the sloppy paint edition):

502e58827b0d5d53ece89a74532bf98b.png

What do you think? 

Edited by Yria
  • Like 14

Excellent work! It does seem to fit, but wow - those boreal dwarves worshipping Nemnok migrated across the entire length of the Deadfire? I assumed that the White that Wends was off the top of the in-game map, relatively near the island where they settled, but that doesn't work if your labels are correct.

And as always, I wonder what keeps people from exploring the rest of Eora. Are there equivalents to Ondra's Mortar on the other edges of the map? :huh:

I like this, but isn't the Eastern Reach supposed to be the size of the iberian peninsula?

The scale is probably off, if we are to take it as a map painted by someone who lives in Eora.

And as always, I wonder what keeps people from exploring the rest of Eora. Are there equivalents to Ondra's Mortar on the other edges of the map?

I'm curious about that too. What's keeping aedyrans from sailing west?

The storms in the northeast of the Deadfire are the same storms that hit Rauatai, so surely it doesn't make sense for it to be so far away?

It makes more sense than I originally expected. Rauatai was described as located in the Northern hemisphere in the first game, even north of Aedyr iirc. It's closer to the Deadfire on this map than I imagined. Also, Ondra's Mortar probably stretches far into the North, no? Otherwise rauataians would have sailed east long time ago.

Edited by Yria

Really nice find, now to get speculating.

Alright, according to the wiki, Deadfire located in the south linking with the arctic White that Wends, so that one fits and we have a good bearing for the map.

Aedyr's supposedly in the west, located on the equator, so that one seems right.

Living Lands should be far north so that fits as well.

"Old Vailia" looks suspiciously small for a crumbled empire of warring kingdoms, and located quite far from the eastern reach for colonial efforts, even if it's in the right location. It's also shaped rather similar to the Eastern reach, but that'd throw of most of the geographic information from the first game. It's... passable in my opinion, as I don't see a fitting alternative location for it.

Meanwhile, the region containing the eastern reach is huge, but its location would mean the Vailians (not old vailians) can quickly travel between their cities and the Deadfire, which would explain their quick colonial expansion in the region. It's also close enough to Aedyr for their colonial efforts. Still seems too big in my opinion though.

Rauatai looks to be in the right location, and close enough to Deadfire for the Rauatai exodus, but is supposed to be an Archipelago in the "Rauatai gulf' according to the first game. This clearly isn't an archipelago and there's no single "gulf" zone around/next to it, even though its in the right location. Perhaps they retconned some of PoE1's information ;(.

Wild guess here, but another possibility could be that this map doesn't represent known Eora, but the Rauataian homeland, which would downscale it quite a bit. It'd be a good way for soldiers/officers to learn tactics through a game set in a well-known region, would teach players the ins and outs of their revered homeland, and would fit with Rauatai being an Archipelago.

Edited by Taevyr
  • Like 4

Meanwhile, the region containing the eastern reach is huge, but its location would mean the Vailians (not old vailians) can quickly travel between their cities and the Deadfire, which would explain their quick colonial expansion in the region. It's also close enough to Aedyr for their colonial efforts. Still seems too big in my opinion though.

We should keep in mind that it also contains Ixamitl Plains which are supposed to be vast.

Old Vaila does look oddly small, but perhaps the map only shows the continent's eastern edge?

This clearly isn't an archipelago and there's no single "gulf" zone around/next to it

There is a large gulf on the side of the continent that's facing Aedyr, north west of Ixamitl, but indeed no archipelago. Are you certain there is supposed to be one?

• Like 1

Great find! The only things I'm not sure about is that according to the notes Rauatai would have to go past the Eastern Reach with their fleet to Deadfire? Found this somewhere on the forum which looks a bit better. Can certainly confirm that the Eastern Reach is aligned properly as per the compass on the PoE1 map.

Edit: Credit to Messier-31 for the map. Great work!

post-52304-0-45324700-1486033731.png

Edited by Ashen Rohk
  • Like 5

You read my post.

You have been eaten by a grue.

Great find! The deadfire stretches much farther than I thought it did, almost all the way to Rauatai, but I suppose that makes sense.

Is there anyway to pull this texture out of the assets? Might give us a clearer look.

This clearly isn't an archipelago and there's no single "gulf" zone around/next to it

There is a large gulf on the side of the continent that's facing Aedyr, north west of Ixamitl, but indeed no archipelago. Are you certain there is supposed to be one?

I was, but now that I haven't managed to find the reference in-game or on the wiki, I might have been wrong.

That could definitely be the Rauatai gulf, though it'd mean quite a change from Rauatai supposedly being based around the gulf, unless they haven't expanded across their entire continent (and who'd believe that?). The inner end of the gulf'd make a nice location for Takowa and the Gate of Great Teeth as well. Very defendable, especially for a major naval power.

If Ondra's Mortar is the source of the storms affecting Rauatai, then the part of their country which is nearest the Mortar might be essentially uninhabitable, forcing most of their population to cluster on the southwestern part around the gulf. Or it could be mountainous in the more remote regions; we don't get much topography from that map.

• 2 months later...

Great find! The only things I'm not sure about is that according to the notes Rauatai would have to go past the Eastern Reach with their fleet to Deadfire? Found this somewhere on the forum which looks a bit better. Can certainly confirm that the Eastern Reach is aligned properly as per the compass on the PoE1 map.

Edit: Credit to Messier-31 for the map. Great work!

post-52304-0-45324700-1486033731.png

Actually, this really looks like this one: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/88490-eora-world-map/

mA7FOt8.png

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I feel like I must be missing something, but I can't figure out where to slot in the Eastern Reach map from PoE1. Perspective crop gives me this image, which no matter how I orient I can't get to coincide with that map. Help?

EDIT: Missed the 2nd image where the map was labeled. Got it. Anyway, have this here!

Edited by liquidmorpheme
missed an image