World Cup 2018

Guard Dog

France must be polishing up that second star

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Good Lord this game is ugly.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Fun fact:  Except for the goal that England scored, in 120+ minutes of play England did not have a single shot on target.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Hah, get ****ED England

I remember the Zidane headbutt, it was glorious.  Sure, it got Zidane red carded, but Materazzi was such a piece of **** that it was super satisfying to watch.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Fun fact. Croatia is the only team to not have lost or drew a game thus far in both groups and brackets.

So far France has taken out 2 of the 3 undefeated teams from groups.

Well, Croatia won two matches on penalties after regular time tie, so I guess that's even. Considering the three extra-times, they played an entire game more than France.

As much as I'm not fond of France (they all seem arrogant for some reason, specially Mbappé), I'll root for them at the final, since they played the best football so far. Croatia is so praised for their strong midfield, but I think their play has been kinda ugly to watch, relying too much on high crosses to the area.

I'll be backing France as well, well done to Croatia getting to the final but I just plain don't like them as a team.

I remember the Zidane headbutt, it was glorious.  Sure, it got Zidane red carded, but Materazzi was such a piece of **** that it was super satisfying to watch.

"It's my last ever game, might as well go out doing something I've always wanted to..."

I'm going  with Croatia, great underdog story, very tenacious and they have a hot president.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I just want to see Giroud with the Cup, a nice middle finger to my fellow Arsenal fans as well as those people pining for Benzema.

Meh. World Cup: everyone leaves disappointed. Except the winner, of course. Maybe one day Canada will make it back... for a second go.  :cat:

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I'm going  with Croatia, great underdog story, very tenacious and they have a hot president.

You should be supporting France, what has Croatia ever done for you?

I will be supporting France  :dancing:  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You should be supporting France, what has Croatia ever done for you?

I will be supporting France  :dancing:  :dancing:

France supported the US on their independence war and if there's anything the US has taught me is the value of selfishness, ergo hot lady trumps obligations.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

'They look arrogant' has always seemed a curious complaint to me. When I play football I am perfectly happy with teammates or opponents that look arrogant.

What is actually arrogant is the English thinking they are better than they actually are for decades on end. This time they actually got more further than their talent would indicate, which is a great compliment to their organisation and diligence.

Whoever wins, I hope Mbappe is taught a lesson to stop turning into Rollmar the Second.

• Like 2

Eh I feel people are being too hard on Neymar, tonnes of players dive, some were experts at it - Inzaghi for example.