World Cup 2018

Guard Dog

Fr v En 100 Minute War here we come!

France is one of those countries England thinks cares enough to have a rivalry with them

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I guess this leaves me rooting for Croatia, not because I particularly care about Croatia, but rather because they're not England and not France.

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Belgium missed a couple of great chances but in the end, the french were more dominant.

France might just win this world cup and holy ****...Mbappé is one hell of a player.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I guess this leaves me rooting for Croatia, not because I particularly care about Croatia, but rather because they're not England and not France.

That attitude made Trump US president ;)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Holy Smoke I cant believe Belgium lost.... :blink: but good on France. Yes I lost my office draw but my main team as I have mentioned  has always been ...

England !!!!

Go England tonight  :dancing:  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Cheering for England for the first time since I was a kid. It's pretty cool that their best tournament since 1990 is without any superstars in their team (except Kane I guess). Think it'll be tough to beat Croatia though, especially with Rakitic and Modric in form.

• Like 1

Probably will get beaten even if they do win.  Hopefully Croatia wins through today and doesn't lose to some BS penalty or set piece.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

First score to England  :dancing:  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Soft foul

English flopping a lot

England's attack is pretty overrated, kick and rush mostly.

Walker looks like an American.

Acts like one too