World Cup 2018

Guard Dog

This world cup is the best ever. It just needs a [somebody] 7 1 Brazil result, an England v Russia semi final and somebody to headbutt a player everyone secretly wants to headbutt and it will be perfect. Only thing missing is New Zealand finishing higher than Italy in pool play and being the only unbeaten team at the tournament.

The England v Russia match has to happen, just has to.

• Like 1

As long as the English lose, such a small and irritating people.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

This world cup is the best ever. It just needs a [somebody] 7 1 Brazil result, an England v Russia semi final and somebody to headbutt a player everyone secretly wants to headbutt and it will be perfect.

Well, Costa did elbow Pepe in the throat while scoring a goal, so...

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I guess someone has to headbutt Suarez, not many dislikable players left.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Everything about this Cup is disappointing

C'mon, it's been entertaining too watch. It can't be more disappointing than 2006's Cup.

Until now we had:

- An awesome C. Ronaldo x Spain tie decided in the last minute with a wonder goal,

- Germany turning around against Sweden with a wonder goal in the last minute,

- Brazil winning against Costa Rica in the last minute,

- Japan passing through thanks to less yellow cards,

- Germany being knocked-out by Korea,

- Argentina's ressurection in the group stages with a goal in the last minute against Nigeria,

- Amazing match between France and Argentina with 7 goals,

- Denmark's goalkeeper defending a penalty in the last minute of extra-time against Croatia,

- Belgium turning a 2x0 against Japan with a last minute counter-attack,

There've been tons of matches decided in the very last moments: Iran x Morocco, England x Tunisia, Uruguay x Egypt and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few... Even Colombia today scored a goal during extra-time to tie the game and make it to penalties (too bad they lost though). 

• Like 2

Well, was thinking higher level in terms of teams I wanted in are not and teams that are in I did not. Mostly the picks for my work pool :p (and my undying hatred of the English)

. It can't be more disappointing than 2006's Cup.

I thought Germany 2006 was great. We had:

-Brazil's wonder team getting owned and knocked out by Zidane

-C.Ronaldo annoying the **** out of Rooney to the point where he got angry and was sent off, just like Beckham in 1998. It also ended in a dramatic penalty shootout

-a dramatic match between Argentina and Germany that ended in a penalty shootout...and a fight.

-Germany being 100 percent sure they would win the WC and eventually being knocked out by Italy in the semi-finals with two goals which were scored by Grosso and Del Piero just before the game was about to end in a penalty shootout

-J.Klinsman throwing an unhealthy amount of bottled water here and there during every single match, to the point where you'd think he has been busy taking a shower

-Zidane and Materazzi going at each other

-Zidane being sent off at the final match of his career

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Well, was thinking higher level in terms of teams I wanted in are not and teams that are in I did not. Mostly the picks for my work pool :p (and my undying hatred of the English)

Oh, got it. I am also screwed in my pool.

. It can't be more disappointing than 2006's Cup.

I thought Germany 2006 was great. 

Fair enough. To be honest I only remembered the Brazil knock-out and the final being very boring games to watch (except for Zidane's play and headbutt), while in 2010 and 2014 we had two finals decided in extra-time (also 2010 had that amazing match between Uruguay and Ghana and 2014 was also fairly entertaining, with 7 x 1 etc.). 

• Like 1

Other than 2002, all the Cup Finals this century have been pretty good. 

Way to **** up Colombia

**** off, that ref was ****ing awful. England spend the whole match mucking about and dropping at the slightest breeze and he just went with it.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Way to **** up Colombia

**** off, that ref was ****ing awful. England spend the whole match mucking about and dropping at the slightest breeze and he just went with it.

Eh, cause Colombia was any better? If the referee had really favored England he would have sent off half their team with red cards for their constant complaining and overall conduct. That entire game was dreck.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Way to **** up Colombia

Eh, cause Colombia was any better? If the referee had really favored Colombia he would have sent off half their team with red cards for their constant complaining and overall conduct. That entire game was dreck.

Right, because Colombia was the one that got a penalty goal from a bad call. Every replay from England was them falling over from the lightest touch.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Right, because Colombia was the one that got a penalty goal from a bad call. Every replay from England was them falling over from the lightest touch.

Diego, is that you?

Way to **** up Colombia

Well they screwed up the shootout

As someone who delights in England losing, Colombia couldn't really have any complaints. Did nothing up front and constantly sabotaged themselves. The ref was poor but not in a way that cheated the Colombians.

But I reserve special disdain for Rollmar the Rolling Crybaby. Just go home, nobody wants to watch you whine.

As someone who delights in England losing, Colombia couldn't really have any complaints.

Well apparently Sanchez free style wrestling Kane in the box should not have been a penalty. Why? Well, because. Whatever. Diego says so too. :p

Speaking of Rollmar:

Made me laugh.

• Like 2

Sucks for Colombia to miss Falcao in one Cup then lose James in another

There was plenty of flopology on both sides of that game, but the death agony roll from the slightest touch seems to be a particular specialty of Latin American teams.  :p

As the chant goes, "Let. Him. Die. Let. Him. Die."

Edited by rjshae

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

and the England team is winning a BAFTA for that game.

village_idiot.gif

and the England team is winning a BAFTA for that game.

Englishmen never dive, they just embellish a little, not like those dishonourable Continentals and South Americans.