World Cup 2018

Guard Dog

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mexicos-goal-celebration-against-germany-12730188

Fans in Mexico city set off a seismograph the moment of Logano's game winning goal against Germany. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Seems like classic England

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Imagine how great Belgium would be if only somone could trick them into thinking the first half is the second half... And the second half is also the second half. :p

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So... England won and Germany lost their first game.

Guard Dog, do you have room for a guest for a while at your place??? :ninja:

Just until after the apocalypse :sweat:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Is there any other event that produces more grousing than the World Cup?

E3
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My informal polling here in the US reveals Americans I have access to fall into one of four categories. The largest know the WC is going on and don't care. The second largest don't know what I'm talking about. The third group is rooting for Iceland because, well, why not. We like underdogs here. And last is pulling for Mexico because most folks here have nothing against Mexico or Mexicans.

In if Mexico actually wins this thing there will be one hell of a party and who wouldn't want that?

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Mexico actually wins this thing there will be one hell of a party and who wouldn't want that?

Trump. :p

Funnily enough Landon Donovan is in some drama as he's in some ad to back Mexico and many Americans feel he's not taking the Rivalry seriously. More proof sports fans are ****ing idiots some times, I guess.

In the international tournaments I tend to pull for Mexico or Canada when the US is out of it. When you know a lot of people in both places it comes easily. A few years back I got to go to the Rugby Sevens WC in Vegas and actually got to hang out with some of the Canadian players (friends of a friend). And I worked in Mexico off an on for almost a year a while back.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Colombia with a sneaky free kick there. Well also some dodgy refereeing there.

Edited by Malcador

Carlos Sanchez getting red carded 3 minutes into the match definitely did Colombia no favors.

I dunno, they seemed pretty even with Japan for most of the match.

Carlos Sanchez getting red carded 3 minutes into the match definitely did Colombia no favors.

Football is the only sport I know that essentially self-destructs a game based on a single act by one player. Isn't it time that FIFA changed that? At least in American Football you're allowed to sub in a replacement when a player gets banned.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."