World Cup 2018

Guard Dog

De Gea sucks.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, it was a great and fun game to watch, despite Portugal's best efforts to be dour and slow throughout most of the game. Spain was good in general and Portugal's third goal was good. I can also commend a couple of good Portuguese counters in the first half. Still, balls to the wall excitement, and the match made me believe Portugal can keep on being negative, and getting by by the skin of their teeth. Like in 2016. It's like Portugal might become a new Italy, only with worse defending.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Saw only the first ten minutes but how was that a penalty?

It was clearly a penalty. From one angle it looked dubious, from another it was obvious.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Well, it was a great and fun game to watch, despite Portugal's best efforts to be dour and slow throughout most of the game. Spain was good in general and Portugal's third goal was good. I can also commend a couple of good Portuguese counters in the first half. Still, balls to the wall excitement, and the match made me believe Portugal can keep on being negative, and getting by by the skin of their teeth. Like in 2016. It's like Portugal might become a new Italy, only with worse defending.

Can the Portugese dive like the Italians?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Better.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Iceland getting it done

Iceland getting it done

Almost. Too many missed opportunities. And Messi should have been penalized. Nice goal in the 2nd though. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Well they didn't lose, a point against Argentina is great

• Like 1

Watched Denmark beat Peru last night. I don't know who the guy doing the call on FSN was last night but he was more entertaining than the match. Next up for us here in the US Mexico vs Germany. Go Mexico. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Germany playing awful. Lucky to get out of the group

I have nothing against ze Germans, but it would be tremendous if Mexico hung on for the full 3 points.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Was good to see Reus at last