World Cup 2018

Guard Dog

That's a jump kick to you ?  Higuain bought most of his thigh/knee in that collision, seemed risky but I figured the referee was letting the game have bite.  He missed the shoulder at Kramer, after all and was letting Schweinsteiger get worked over for 100 minutes. :p

Argentines losing is always great, but who knows maybe they'll win it this year.

Jump kick might be overstating it, anti-german bias speaking here, obviously. :p

As for who'll win, I don't know. Brazil looked really strong so far and Spain seems to have removed itself from the competition. I doubt firing the coach right before the group phase was a good idea. I'd be down with an underdog winning this time.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I wonder if Germany and Russia can meet in Volgograd :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh great, Morocco's playing tomorrow

gonna be a fun day in many a Cuckropan capital regardless of result

What's a Cuckropan?

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

World Cups haven't been the same since South Africa... I miss Paul the Psychic Octopus ;(

The tentacled prophet stole the show.

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Definitely watching, go World Cup 2018  :dancing:  :dancing:

I am supporting 3 teams due to different reasons

• Nigeria is my African team
  • England and Germany my other teams, England will become my choice if these 2 go against each other 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

World Cups haven't been the same since South Africa... I miss Paul the Psychic Octopus ;(

The tentacled prophet stole the show.

:biggrin: Good old Paul 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Russia had no trouble with Saudi Arabia. 5-0

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Oh boy, it' Iran vs Morocco. :/

We are in the group of death! This might be the only match we can win.

I am usually an Azzuri fan when I am not cheering for Iran but they didn't make it to this World Cup.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Morocco looks like they will beat Iran so far.  Even with one player somehow missing an easy chance.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Haha WTG Iran

• Like 2

Wow, Costa with a hell of a goal AND he elbowed that scumbag Pepe in the throat.

https://streamja.com/XQEo

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 2