Daily Wages Load Game Bug

Vulcronos

Question

Unfortuanetly, I don't have a good way to reproduce this bug.  Occasionally, when I load the game I get a rash of daily wages paid on the right side of the screen, from top to bottom.  I had 76000 coins, after the load it dropped to 59000.  I immediatly reloaded again and I was back up to 76000.  Not sure what triggers it but it has happened a few times in my playthroughs and I always reload and it doesn't happen the second time.

12 answers to this question

This continues to happen to me, and it's become a game-breaking bug 40+ hours into my playthrough. It doesn't happen when I load every save, but it happens often enough on new saves that I can't play the game without significant risk of losing all (or nearly all) my money.  It started happening when I got to the Drowned Barrows on the North side of the map. It happens sometimes on autosave, quicksave, and manual save files, so there appears to be no way to avoid the constant looming risk that all my money will spontaneously disappear when I load a save.

Sometimes, when I load a save and this happens, a bunch of daily wage deductions appear down the right side of the screen, like hundreds of days has passed (see attached screenshot). But other times, this doesn't happen, and yet I still find I have lost a bunch of money when I look at the inventory screen. And still other times, everything works fine.

Any ideas?

At this point, my game is essentially unplayable after 40 hours invested, and after backing POE2 at a high level, we still haven't received our physical backer rewards months after release. I love the CRPG renaissance this franchise represents, but it's hard to stay loyal when bugs like this are allowed to persist months into release, with a (NOW UNPLALAYBLE FOR ME) expansion coming out tomorrow, and no physical rewards.

post-172421-0-50032600-1533135096_thumb.jpg

so every one in a while when loading into the game, it will just automatically, deduct 150 days worth of wages all at once. for example i saved them with 26k worth of money in my stash. i loaded the game, and it when i got to the map i was on, it deducted 11k worth of money in rapid succession. i did this a couple of times, it just kept doing it till i only had 1 cp left in my stash. kind of sucks needs to be fixed.

It happened to me several times. Once, at sea when loading a save before a scripted event, once when loading a save before talking to Ehrys in the DLC. 

In my case, that save was borked forever, but reloading a save before that worked. So, hard save often. 

I've received this same bug, on two different characters. It seemed to start, in both cases, in the Beast of Winter DLC locations. It's pretty sad that this bug still persists.

An update:

Even after finishing the Beast of Winter, the issue persists. Randomly on loading a save, wages, and on occasion food and water, are deducted as if several days have passed all at once, depleting all my gold. It sometimes takes several loads until it randomly stops happening... until the next time I need to load a save. This is so difficult and frustrating as to be nearly save-breaking.

Edited by Do-I-Exist

Yup, this bug is still there. Annoying as hell, if you don’t spot it immediately and lose tens of thousands gold for nothing. But no rush people, that’s just 3 months, you can easily wait another 3 before actually fixing it.

Edited by Zaris