1.1 import save not getting correct reactivity

Silent Winter

Question

Recently updated to the latest (public) patch from gog.  Continuing a game from before, but hadn't entered Ashen Maw yet.
Finished Ashen's Maw - when

reuniting with my soul, it asked "Are you still the same watcher who returned the souls to the wheel?" and it had the icon of "this is based on decisions you made in PoE1"
Only I didn't - I returned them to the hollowborn - something I confirmed with Berath at the beginning of the game.

Not a big deal if it doesn't make a big difference later on - just thought I'd mention it.  Anyone else had anything similar since the new patch?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

12 answers to this question

I just encountered this to. After talking to eothas in ashen maw im reuinted with my soul. When i meet my soul it asks me "are you the same watcher who returned the dyrford souls to theyre intended bodies?" (the poe1 icon also appears). Problem is, im not. I didnt chose the Hylea ending, i chose the Berath one. A response that requires 2 benevolent and 1 passionate dispositions is also greyed out for some reason, even though im maxed out in both those dispositions.

I really hope this gets fixed in next patch. I just wanna finish this playthrough before the DLCs arrive.

Hey all,

would you mind please giving us a save from both PoE 2 with the issue, and your .savegamecomplete from PoE 1 that it references? It would help us investigate the matter a lot!

You can link to a dropbox or shared drive or send the information to support.obsidian.net.

Cheers,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

I experienced this issue too:

Returned the souls to the Wheel (Berath) in Dyrwood, imported save to Deadfire and the soul in Eothas thinks I returned them to their intended bodies (Hylea).

My completegame save from PoE plus a save before and after the interaction with Eothas at Ashen Maw: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GZHlBaE6mfqhjq8oaUW2XXisWmsNleJs/view?usp=sharing

• Like 1

Getting pretty much the same issue. Returned souls to the Wheel. I even got the item from Berath, but at Ashen Maw, when reuniting with my soul, it says I returned them to their intended bodies.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qqh1vn3rwyf4na0/AAB_j0VyJXMp6X4SOtJeN0k-a?dl=0

A dropbox folder, the save from PoE1 I imported, a quicksave in Ashen Maw before the discussion with Eothas and one proper save just after. Hope this helps and this issue gets fixed as soon as possible.

• Like 1

I have to ask this to. Id like to continue my playthrough. Has the staff made any progress on a solution?

For what its worth, my save was a NG+ one. I had most of the beraths blessing active. Unlike in my first playthrough (where i used no blessings, but the same POE1 savefile) and the problem didnt appear.

On the other hand that was during a previous patch. So its likely that one of the recent patches caused the problem.