For CC or for dps? 

For CC, I vote for Ball and Chain, it's special knockdown on crit has a much longer duration than normal knock down. And nobody in the game is immune to Knockdown, thus it's the best weapon for CC.

For Dps, there are many good ones, I vote for Magran's Favor. The +2 Fire power is really good for mage or paladin. The on kill effect and lash is also decent.

Edited by dunehunter

In terms of when you can get it and how good it is it is definitely the sabre Grave Calling which is a legendary weapon located in cookspur slaver town in the merchant crate because you just need your ship and you can get it immediately when you get off the starter island and it will serve you until the end of the game. 

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Mohorā_Tanga

That's a very strong one, because one of the available enchants is "Harpooning", which increases Penetration based on your Survival skill. The kicker is it seems to increase your BASE penetration, similar to the cipher T9 ability that gives a flat +8 pen. This means it increases penetration for BOTH weapons when DW, and according to tooltips affects at least some abilities that aren't full/primary attacks as well. This seems like it was probably unintended/bugged, but that's how it functions currently. Spears are pretty solid with the +acc, and the per-rest abilities are pretty solid as well. Overall it's a really good weapon for a DW melee dps char.

The other spear stalkers patience also seems very solid....rusts poognard WAS very good....a lpt of enemies have piercing resistance tough

This is very true, for whatever reason piercing immunity seems to be the most common physical immunity. This feels odd to me since ranged physical weapons all do piercing, so your stereotypical ranger is boned on a lot of encounters.

But still, up to +5 penetration on everything you do is pretty awesome.

Grave Calling has an OP effect (which is probably unintended): the passive that gives stacking +2% freeze damage (up to 30%) applies to all other weapons.

Switching weapons or dual wielding it makes it possibly the best lash in the game.

Not to mention the Chill Fog (FOE AOE ONLY WAT IS THIS OP BS) on Vessel kills, which stacks too.

Together with Tarn's Respite (which gives a flat +1 Pen and a stacking debuff to enemy deflection), a dual dps sabre can dish out a ludicrous amount of damage.

Mohora Tanga very solid with really cute active (unfortunately nerfed to 1 per rest), which works with multishot passives on ranged attacks (ranger), pulling two enemies to you.

RIP Kapana Taga (club nerf was hard). Still a fairly decent weapon (the dazed on 20% is rather good), especially for Ciphers with modal. Or when high accuracy against mobs is required.

Dual sabres esp. with stacking stuff & extra pen still do great damage even against monsters resistant to slash, if you manage to crit often enough.

As for rest... I don't feel that many items are so hot anymore, really. I am not a fan of calculating how to best stack 5% chances to do something for 3 seconds for 6 seconds On Crit. Nothing gave me same interest as storm bow or holy 2-handed sword from White March.

Edited by Shadenuat
  • Like 1

Hel Beckoning is better I'd say. It has that odd stacking on yourself bonus that for me translated to up to 40-50 extra acid damage on hit/crit. This is the new Berath's sword after summoned acid lash sword got nerfed.

Edited by Shadenuat
  • Like 1

Mohora Tanga very solid with really cute active (unfortunately nerfed to 1 per rest), which works with multishot passives on ranged attacks (ranger), pulling two enemies to you.

It might be a bug, but the + penetration (scaling with Survival) of Tanga also applies to your other weapon which is a potent combination for dual wielders

Edited by Myztik

Hel Beckoning is better I'd say. It has that odd stacking on yourself bonus that for me translated to up to 40-50 extra acid damage on hit/crit. This is the new Berath's sword after summoned acid lash sword got nerfed.

Looks very interesting but Duskfall not only has -recovery but also +crit damage which is so nice for a Rogue.

• 3 months later...

Dual sabres esp. with stacking stuff & extra pen still do great damage even against monsters resistant to slash, if you manage to crit often enough.

As for rest... I don't feel that many items are so hot anymore, really. I am not a fan of calculating how to best stack 5% chances to do something for 3 seconds for 6 seconds On Crit. Nothing gave me same interest as storm bow or holy 2-handed sword from White March.

What exactly is PoE 2's resistance system? Are there no 100 percent immunes any more?

My first main is a using swords, because of the dual damage, but now I am wondering if sabres are better.

Edited by Lampros

Duskfall has got to be on here, and atleast one of the 19383718 sabres

Whoah, both look good. Maybe I did okay choosing swords!

With the low INT/DoT bug fixed, I vote Stalkers' Patience as the highest DPS weapon the game. Specially on high INT builds, so if you do 100 damage, and DoT last 6 second (high INT), you will get 3 x 15 = 45 raw damage from DoT, that roughly equals to 45% lash, what makes it even better is that DoT lash is calculated separately with other damage bonus, it's a unique multipler.

• Like 1

What exactly is PoE 2's resistance system? Are there no 100 percent immunes any more?

My first main is a using swords, because of the dual damage, but now I am wondering if sabres are better.

You should keep in mind that lashes>speed>other bonuses from a dps perspective, in other words Modwyr (which has both a great lash and speed) is hard to beat. Also, unlike PoE1 where DR crippled them, fast weapons have actually slightly higher dps than the large weapons and are better for auto-attacking - Sungrazer for example is another great weapon.

With the low INT/DoT bug fixed, I vote Stalkers' Patience as the highest DPS weapon the game. Specially on high INT builds, so if you do 100 damage, and DoT last 6 second (high INT), you will get 3 x 15 = 45 raw damage from DoT, that roughly equals to 45% lash, what makes it even better is that DoT lash is calculated separately with other damage bonus, it's a unique multipler.

The DOT doesn't stack and if you attack faster than every 3s you will get less than 15% dps increase...