What did you do today?

Gorth

I still "desperately" need a new game to obsess over (vs. maybe only checking it for 4-10 hours then never touching it again) but I feel like I only like a new game once every 2-3 years now, and it's only been 18 months. Drat.

Back to reading more manga's. That Noblesse one I was reading, it was pretty awesome for about 350-400 chapters but after that it became almost nothing but battle panels and hardly any plot outside of good guys vs. ever increasing difficulty bad guys. Literally pages and pages in a row of "Boom!" "How can they be so strong?" "Pow!" "How did they survive that blow?" which I became really bored of paging through. I'll check out new chapters once in a while see if it improves again but likely the authors just ran out of steam and are just dragging it out. Still, it was entertaining/fun for a long while so no regrets. :)

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Prepping for a job interview Monday morning, a bit of relaxed reading, and some juggling with the cat being needy and whiney.

Hm, also got the latest update on Kingmaker and saw the "hey, if you haven't transfered kickstarter pledges to our backer portal, you won't be getting the game" which made me blink a little and realise I must have missed something some months ago.

One of the minor flaws in getting continuous and regular updates on a kickstarter backed game, you start not paying complete attention to them in full detail when life has you busy.

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Night dispatch is useless, double useless on the weekends. It's like these people enjoy burning my 14 hour clock. Either that or they're too lazy to do their job and get me a load. So here I sit at a Love's truck stop in Nashville just waiting. The trick is to put myself in sleeper berth, then I usually get a load quick. Can't have me getting any sleep. :p

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

with the help of a friend and a few hours, I/we actually understood a page of Hegel.

We felt so smart

Edited by Ben No.3
  • Like 3

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

I finished my first 70.3 Ironman today in Santa Cruz. It was a huge event, almost 2000 competitors and some of best pros in the country. 

I felt great on the swim. It is 1.2 miles around the pier and it was beautiful. I finished about 3 minutes faster than I expected. Then you run up the beach and it is about a half mile to the transition. I was pretty slow in the transition area, wanted to take my time to make sure I was warm and comfortable before hitting the bike. The first ten miles were chilly in fog, but then as we got further along, it warmed up. The climbs helped. I felt very good about my bike time, getting the 56 miles done in just under 3 hours. Again, beautiful ride along the coast.

I got onto the run with a goal of keeping the half marathon under two hours. I started strong, but it got hard from about mile 3 until 9. Then it kicked in that I was going to make it, and I got faster enough to finish in 1:58. 

Total time was 5:49. I spent about an hour afterwards shaking and struggling with nausea, but a couple trips to the bathroom and some time made that go away. Now I'm sore and sunburned, but feeling pretty good about my race.  :thumbsup:

• Like 6

Voted yesterday, I'm glad to see that the Nazi's didn't do as well as I feared they would.

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I just watched new cool movie Blackkklansman 

Excellent acting, every character was well portrayed, Adam Driver was especially good, which surprised me.

2h15m runtime but it was honestly enjoyable until the end. I think it could deserve an Oscar for best supporting for Driver. Id actualy like to see it get some noms, not just cos its "black actor spike lee omg equality" but cos it was really GOOD!

• Like 1

Had an interview at my old college for a Data Analyst role. Pleasant interview, went well for the most part. Then my mind blanked out on a few simple technical challenge to write some basic code. Now I'm all "Hmmm."

i found a kitten a couple of weeks ago. not the cutest cat around but very playful and friendly, it just straight up came over to me and started rubbing on my leg... barely 3 months old by my guess. i never saw it go far from the house in these 2 weeks but i haven't seen it in the last 2 days since i fed it saturday night. i hope that someone took it home but the most likely scenario is that it died either by car or another animal

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

i found a kitten a couple of weeks ago. not the cutest cat around but very playful and friendly, it just straight up came over to me and started rubbing on my leg... barely 3 months old by my guess. i never saw it go far from the house in these 2 weeks but i haven't seen it in the last 2 days since i fed it saturday night. i hope that someone took it home but the most likely scenario is that it died either by car or another animal

;(

I hope it's alright

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Sat at the computer, doing some job search stuff online and phone goes.

Dad: "What do you think of Las Vegas at Christmas?"

Me: "Huh?"

Dad: "Seriously, Las Vegas, Christmas, what do you think?"

Me: "Sorry.. Um, what's this in relation to?"

Dad: "Would you like to spend Christmas week in Las Vegas?"

Me: "I guess it would be interesting, where's this coming from?"

Dad: "Oh, just helping a friend sort out some holiday things, and I saw this cheap offer for a week at the Luxor for x amount, and if I book it for myself, it's only another 200 bucks for you to come. So want to spend Christmas in Las Vegas?"

So looks like I might be doing a Father Son trip to the Strip Christmas week.

• Like 2

I've got some friends in San Diego I haven't seen in person for years, I'm pondering on how hard it would be to take a day trip during that period to go see them.

I could leave dad with the one-armed bandits and get a short round trip flight possibly.. hm. Considerations, considerations.

I got invited to an interview this Friday. I'm so excited!

What's the job? Did you research the company? Is it a good one or can you expect a ****show if you're hired? If you desperately need the job what will you do to further your career whilst in that position?

Keep that in mind and good luck.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

i learned from a neighbor that the missing kitten was ran over by a car. pity, it was a very cuddly little furball.

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Got a pretty nice swim in this early AM after a fairly rough week of feeling worn out. Clearly I need to make sure I'm getting some recovery time in, since I've basically spent 9 months ramping up the exercise regimen. But it's nice to be able to lean on the swim when the biking and the running get tough. 

Also I've been working on the RV to get it read for another rental. I had to replace a leaky waste valve. I'm super excited I was able to do it myself, but it was also really gross and I was worried I got pink eye. It's working great now, so yay. I don't believe I will let anyone take it to Burning Man next year, but it was good money.

I got the job! I start on Monday!  :aiee:

Outstanding!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell