What did you do today?

Gorth

Apparently got my dbag cop neighbour really upset by talking to his girlfriend about my dog. Really is odd how the guy acts but yet has a very pleasant girlfriend.

He's out washing his Maserati, maybe I will play some NWA to egg him

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Might explain somethings. Cops here do earn good cash and the way he washes this might mean he's sacrificed a lot to get it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wow! Nep is back, Tsuga is back. If we can get Wals, Taks, Monte, and a few other to come back we might liven this place up again!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm secretly wishing we could get Oby back. He was my favorite troll poster.

I'm pretty sure it was our fault he lost his job at the russian propaganda ministry. We weren't taking him seriously enough, so I guess his bosses thought he was bad at this job.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

@Gfted - we caught a lake catfish once, that was large enough to "fill" a large-size ice cooler. I don't know what that translates into inches. Not as big as yours, maybe only 20-24". But we left it alive in the cooler for the trip home (several hours by car). The guys killed it in the kitchen (that was...a big mess). I didn't think it made for the best meal. Too old, maybe. Heh.

================

Decided I'd try Crunchyroll. After some days of watching/trying a fair bit of anime series, I can't really remember most of it. They sort of all end up feeling the same and most don't fit my personal tastes. Too ... youthful. Nothing against anime, mind. When I do like a series, I really like it ... it's just rare I like one that much. Oh well.

Gintama looked goofy-action entertaining/amusing but after watching the first couple, I realized there were over 350 episodes (plus it's still ongoing?) and my fear of lengthy commitment had me running away posthaste. (edit - btw, I gave up on Bleach largely for the same reason - even skipping a few seasons, it was too much).

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Having a pause on the job hunt front. 

Having that slight dose of stage fright as I instead prep to GM a Pathfinder game for some univeristy students tonight. I haven't GM'd in yeeears.

Of course, since I have a few decades of books and such, I'm planning on stealing from everything if tonight's session goes well.   Converting the Savage Tides to Pathfinder and adding a potpouri of other things to act as the general basis of inspiration.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Went out to get fresh air, some crazy guy was ranting on the sidewalk. Interesting topics though, went from "How only I can **** with God!", to "The GPS co-ordinates are slavery" to finally "The shopping carts MUST NOT leave the parking lot".

Most interesting thing whole week really.

Last semester, the most freeing thing in my adult life happened. I lost my 4.0 GPA. Between deaths, broken bones, running over a burro in the canyon, and essentially being a miserable wretch, I wasn't able to get all As. I asked for no special treatment and I was glad to have none (although my professors did help in little ways). Anyhow, I ended up with three As and two B+s. I missed an A- in one class by 0.4%. lol At first I was depressed about it. Years of work down the drain, I thought, but that was only for a day. Turns out, I can survive not having a perfect academic record! Who knew? Now, to be fair, I've gone a little too far the other direction. I don't study for exams because know minimal effort will still get me an A- or B+. I don't want to become lazy. On the other hand, life is good.

Since you guys are a kind of anonymous therapist where I can just dish out personal stuff and no-one knows who I am anyway, I'll tell you about something truly joyful. Some years ago, I was a miserable ****ing bastard. I weighed 400 pounds. I rarely left my house. I was a dead ender. I had no hope. Then, I decided I wasn't going to go out that way. I lost weight. I lost a *loooot* of weight. I exercised regularly. It wasn't just that. I wanted to do something that would do a good turn for someone else, so I took all my pre-reqs and applied for the entry level masters of science nursing at Asuza Pacific University. It's an accelerated program for people who already have a BA/BS. The actual BSN portion of the course is about 16 months and then you work to gain clinical experience while taking the MSN classes. I'm only about 6 months out from completing all my classes for the BSN. My clinicals are fabulous. I enjoy patient interaction. I have increasing competence.

Today, I did some Kaplan focused review test for OBGYN. Other than that, I've played video games virtually all day. Life. Is. Good!

• Like 6

χαίρετε

That burro part genuinely made me laugh out loud but, HUZZAH!, on your accomplishments. :thumbsup:

No offense taken. Also, no real accomplishments. Didn't eat myself to death and actually contribute to society in a meaningful way for once? Not exactly heroic! lol

Yes it is, man. Don't take away from your accomplishments, getting out of a dead end situation while you're depressed is nothing short of herculean. Thumbs up.

• Like 1

Have a list made out of what I'd need for a new pc rig. Was going to still go with the i7-8700k but now I'm staring at the i9-9900k. I'm not one to preorder so it wouldn't surprise me if I'd have a hard time getting my hands on it first thing, but I'd rather wait for reviews on it anyway. Which means maybe .... Xmas? New Years?

New PC will likely be in the realm of $3000+ (since I'll be buying a new GPU to go in it instead of tossing/using my current one in).

When it's finally on my desk, I better be able to play FFXV at "4k" with 45-60fps/maxed including most nvidia-works (vs. 30-40fps at around average w/no nividaworks) or I'll toss a fit. :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's october 14 and it was 21 degrees out. Who ever heard of that.

However many Fahrenheit that is.

Bout 70 degrees Fahrenheit.

California, baby. It's like that all the time. Or warmer. Like today it was closer to 80F.

Day time temps usually don't get much cooler until late Nov/early Dec. here.

26°C today. It'll be 20+ for the next week as well. Personally I don't mind it at all.. the only problem is the serious lack of any rain for months.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

High today is supposed to be about 25. That's fahrenheit not celsius.

Good Lord! Mid-October? Where do you live, Mars?

I think it supposed to be read:

High today, is supposed to be about 25. That's fahrenheit not celsius.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

When to my university to work more on an art project only to find out that the door's key card slot was not working. Walked all around my campus to find someone, anyone to open the door. But finding staff that could help me in a desolate university surrounded by forests on a Sunday was like trying to find intelligent life on Uranus.

When all hope seemed lost I found Jared the key master. He open the door but if I wanted to leave I'd be locked out. Spent near 5 hour in that room working on project until I had the intense longing to break open a dam and eat my project from hunger and low blood sugars.

Despite all that happened I am happy with the progress I made. Just needs a few more tweaks and it'll be finished by tomorrow.  :)

Also spent some time researching Marcel Duchamp the best/worst thing to happen to art.

When to my university to work more on an art project only to find out that the door's key card slot was not working. Walked all around my campus to find someone, anyone to open the door. But finding staff that could help me in a desolate university surrounded by forests on a Sunday was like trying to find intelligent life on Uranus.

When all hope seemed lost I found Jared the key master. He open the door but if I wanted to leave I'd be locked out. Spent near 5 hour in that room working on project until I had the intense longing to break open a dam and eat my project from hunger and low blood sugars.

Despite all that happened I am happy with the progress I made. Just needs a few more tweaks and it'll be finished by tomorrow.  :)

Also spent some time researching Marcel Duchamp the best/worst thing to happen to art.

Congratulations; today you have gained more experience in what your future will be, working in corporate environment than what they will likely teach you at school.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif