What did you do today?

Gorth

I now know what the bombsquads emergency vehicle looks like here.

That sounds rather ominous. Hope everything's all right?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

What happened Azdeus?

Yeah, the police say someone made a geocache, cylindrical, metal container, some passerby saw it hanging from a road sign, called the police who blew it up. I was on my way to work when I saw emergency vehicle lights and then a big dark grey truck blew past. I thought it was the bombsquads vehicle, but now I know. :) Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

What happened Azdeus?

Yeah, the police say someone made a geocache, cylindrical, metal container, some passerby saw it hanging from a road sign, called the police who blew it up. I was on my way to work when I saw emergency vehicle lights and then a big dark grey truck blew past. I thought it was the bombsquads vehicle, but now I know. :)

Glad you are okay Azdeus  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I guess I should be thankful for them, they wouldn't allow me to leave the area before they took care of the device. Was four hours of of my twelve hours of work. Even got some sleep. :)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

@Amentep: as you only pick female avatar pictures and they're all hot actresses from the past and you changed your pic...who's the new model. I gots to know.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Happy Labor Day to all my fellow Muricans. As a trucker, I did not get the day off, but I did have a great day at work driving through the lovely mountains in Tennessee and Virginia. I'm headed to New Jersey and my goal for the day was to get past DC and Baltimore before shutting down for the night, because I sure as **** don't want to drive through those cities during the morning rush. I did just that, made good time, and got a great parking spot to boot. All in all a good day.

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

@Amentep: as you only pick female avatar pictures and they're all hot actresses from the past and you changed your pic...who's the new model. I gots to know.

I'm not Amentep but I'm pretty sure that is Hazel Brooks. :)

Yup, Hazel Brooks is correct!

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Sitting at work wondering why my blood pressure feels like it's up. Only to realize my blood pressure is still in the bag from the pharmacy. I took my cholesterol medicine this morning.

Is this what it means to be old?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Made a bit over £700 with flogging off those old toys of mine. Then wandered into Marks & Sparks to check out some food shopping on the way back, sawy they were doing a Wine of The Day thing, and they had Magnum's of Port on sale with 1/3rd off. So groovy, treated myself.

First time I'd seen a full Magnum of Port.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

a couple hours ago we got back from sierra buttes camping.  overnight temps were in mid 30s (F) and daytime highs reached mid 80s. lotta smoke in the valley where we camped.  relative spartan camping. did have a cellphone, but were only in tower range for 'bout an hour each day. our border collies is too old to make such trips anymore, but we did bring the little dogs and they appeared to enjoy themselves. had expected more people on a holiday weekend-- we never have gone sierra buttes on a holiday.  our campsite were extreme no frills and perhaps the fires kept folks at home, but even so, were surprised not seeing many people enjoying natural splendor at elevation. 

anywho, had a great time. got home and took a hollywood shower and had soup for lunch.  got the weird exhausted + refreshed feel we enjoy after camping.  am looking forward to channel islands in the spring for our next trip. am feeling our age. gonna take a nap for 'bout a decade.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Took my wiener dog for a walk so he could ogle and chase women, literally does that. Strange dog.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've got a bit of a hectic week leading into my first half ironman on Sunday. My daughter has dance tryouts all week and my son start hockey Friday, so it's going to be busy. I'm also getting the RV back tomorrow after its first time out as a rental, so I'm pretty nervous to see what shape it is in. 

But I've done the training, so I'm not too nervous about the race. More like antsy to get out there and get it done.

• Like 2

I took this picture today. I thought it turned out pretty good

41051531_2161830320742337_48884062172332

• Like 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Thanks. If that blade of grass wasn't in the way it would have been better. It was flitting around so much though I was lucky it sat still for as long as it did.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Five years ago I bought into a investment group that bought a minority stake in Short Mountain Distillery. They were expanding their operations, etc, etc. Anyway they bought back the minority stake and I got a check yesterday. It was nice, 11% return per year over the five years. But, here is the kicker. Every year Short mountain sent all the investors a gift basket around Christmas with some of their products and other goodies. THAT is what I'll miss the most! :lol:

I guess now I'll have to buy my holiday booze like everyone else!

Thomas Sowell

My tinnitus, which I haven't really felt for like 10 years, came back the other night for no reason at all.

Just ****ing great. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Laughed harder than I should at a dev exclaiming to another "Kill -9 them all! The user will know his own". Granted the line was undercut by the second dev responding with, correctly, "Ever heard of ps -efu ?"

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra