What did you do today?

Gorth

I'm getting pretty close to my goal of a 5k under 20 minutes. Today I got a good 20 mile ride in, and then ran a 5k in 20:52. I did a 5k yesterday in 22 minutes, so I was surprised how easy it was to push the pace after the bike. 

I've got my half Ironman in two weeks, so I think I'm hitting a good place in my training and hopefully will be able to bring it to the race.

Edited by Hurlshot
  • Like 1

Tonight I'm drinking Sam Adams Rebel IPA and playing 70's rock on the outdoor speakers. Loudly. I bet you can hear it for a mile. Fortunately there is no one within a mile to bitch about it. That is most awesome. Now playing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Started reading a manga called Noblesse. Most manga I've tried reading (not tons, mind) were ok but don't engage me fully, if that makes sense. But I love this one. Maybe it's because it's all in color, or perhaps because characters, races, organizations feel a bit more fleshed out over time vs. others ones I've tried. The characters/action and humor are my thing too I guess (the constant joke about main chr. and ramen is hilarious). I'm about halfway through the currently 500+ parts and it's still consistent quality throughout.

Tried watching the two short animated tv thingies that were made for it, but they were so truncated I didn't like them too much. Anyway, that's how I'm spending my weekend. Good stuff.

Edit: any other manga's that might be similar to this one? :p

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yesterday I went out and did my second ocean swim with this group in Monterey. They are called the Kelp Krawlers, here is a good video of what they do:

So I did that swim to the buoy last time in pretty choppy water, and it was tough. I struggled and stuck to breast stroke most of the time. It was about a mile total.

Yesterday they went along the coast instead, and it was a very different experience. First off, I felt strong swimming front crawl the whole time and was able to stay with swimmers better. I got a bit of a headache at first from the cold, but it went away after a couple minutes and I as comfortable. It was crazy navigating through the kelp maze, and I had to crawl over a few patches to stay with the group. I kept thinking about how Subnautica makes this seems much easier. I went a bit too wide and ended up swimming way more than I expected to get to a little rocky outcropping out in the middle of the coast that they stop at.

At this point I'd swam about 1600 yards. I felt good, but I could tell I was getting colder, so we turned around and I tried to make sure my line was straighter. I was watching a guy about twenty yards ahead of me and realized that a seal was swimming right between us. Off to the side a bunch of birds were staring at us from the rocks, and underneath me were giant kelp trees. It was a fairly ridiculous situation, I couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity.

I got way cold about 45 minutes in and made a beeline for a beach. I ended up with about 2500 yards total, but my watch quit on me on the way back, so I'm guessing. It was crazy, but I should be ready for my half ironman swim in 2 weeks. 

• Like 1

It has been raining a lot for the past few days. I always get terrible headaches during storms but I haven't been experiencing them. I'm enjoy the sound of the rain and I try to leave my curtains open to watch the lightning. My dog has turned chicken and has been coming in my room when the thunder and lightning come.

• Like 1

It has been raining a lot for the past few days. I always get terrible headaches during storms but I haven't been experiencing them. I'm enjoy the sound of the rain and I try to leave my curtains open to watch the lightning. My dog has turned chicken and has been coming in my room when the thunder and lightning come.

/Jealous

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Got a wrong number calling who left a message that said "Sup n-word, get the stuff and bring it to Scarboro Town, meet ya at 7".

Dull day otherwise

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You clearly need to follow up on that Malc. Might just be a fetch quest, but it also might connect to the main plot.

If so I wonder what the dude calling me from Tel Aviv only to leave a 30 second message of him saying "Hello? Hello? Hey? Hello?" was.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's funny how concepts such as morning and weekend lose their traditional meanings when you become a long haul trucker. For me morning means whenever I wake up, that could be 5 pm. Weekend means whenever I have off time, that might be Wednesday thru Friday. :p

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It's been very busy the last few days. I'm working almost around the clock getting up to speed on all my new projects. My townhouse tenants have given notice so once they leave I'm putting it up for sale. Managing a rental property is a pain. Between all that plus work around the house and garden it's crazy. My brother has invited me for Thanksgiving so I'm taking three weeks off in November to go see him and his family in Florida and maybe go down to 10,0000 Islands or the Keys and do some fishing. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

When it comes to athletes that happened to play football Herschel Walker was in a class by himself in his prime.

Thomas Sowell

My initial thought was that "Hershel Walkered" meant getting traded at the tail end of your prime for a bounty so ridiculous that your former team wins multiple championships. :p

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2 AM and I am already awake. Goddamit I hate this. :(

With the way things are going, I'll never leave the house or get a job which is...for the better?

Yeah, I am pretty much useless at this point, I have the strenght and wits of a 70 year old man which is not good since I am actaully closer to 35. No worries though, plenty of time to play video games I guess!

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I now know what the bombsquads emergency vehicle looks like here.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I can't believe it's freaking Sept. already, when it was mid-winter and I was still waiting for PC FFXV just a few days ago. :disguise:

Today I paid bills, ate lunch, caught up on my currently-watching Kdrama weekly episodes, and am about to ... uh ... hm. I wonder how hubby would react if he came home to find I'd bought and mounted a (cheaper-side) 70" 4k tv to the wall behind my pc-desk (for gaming, ofc)? 43" is nice and all but bigger, I need bigger. When is 8k coming? :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts