What did you do today?

Gorth

Well she was Asian, so close. Best nurse I have had in a while, spotted vein, in and out with no bruise.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well she was Asian, so close. Best nurse I have had in a while, spotted vein, in and out with no bruise.

That's definetly not Ninja then, but then again, I was her first. Took her several attempts just to get it in, and the bruising.. oh, the sweet memories.

She did get better at it later, after I met up with her for the 5th time she actually got it in on the first try.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

That's definetly not Ninja then, but then again, I was her first. Took her several attempts just to get it in, and the bruising.. oh, the sweet memories.

She did get better at it later, after I met up with her for the 5th time she actually got it in on the first try.

I am beginning to think we are on different pages here.

Freaking hot today, kind of dampened plans as I don't want to walk about in 34+ C heat. Also as schools are stil out, all these **** young people are crowding transit. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

A 1 mm pinhole in one of my pipes. They're gonna have to rip out the sauna, and then figure out how to reinstall it.

Thank god for insurance.

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Amazon Fresh does well with frozen, convenience food and household item delivery, although I've never seen such wasteful "packaging" as they do.

"I want six cup yogurts."

"Here's your yogurts swimming inside a ginormous paper bag with a frozen bottle of water included as the cooler part."

(Don't they have any smaller sized bags for smaller orders?)

Also, the first time I tried them I nearly "burned" my finger tips because I thought the red bags at the bottom of one bag were bagged frozen food boxes ("what are these?"). Thus I picked up several and carried them to the kitchen before I realized they were dry ice. Doh.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Plugging away on the job hunt.

Also, dusting off and sorting out old GI Joe, Transformers, Star Wars, and Bravestarr figures and vehicles from the depths of the cupboards. Planning on taking it all up to a trading Toy Store and stocking up the old financial war chest by seeing what I can get for them next week.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Plugging away on the job hunt.

Also, dusting off and sorting out old GI Joe, Transformers, Star Wars, and Bravestarr figures and vehicles from the depths of the cupboards. Planning on taking it all up to a trading Toy Store and stocking up the old financial war chest by seeing what I can get for them next week.

Wow! Someone that is almost as miserable as I am...almost. (No offense, Sir/Lady)

On other news:

I have stopped smoking pot and oddly enough, I don't miss it. It wasn't the money or the time, I just feel safer not being attached to something that isn't always available and is illegal. With all that said and done, there is one thing that I miss everytime I think of Europe...

B E E R

Yeah, crack open a cold one instead of me if you can...

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Do you get any kind of decent return on those? For example, GameStop here in the US will buy console games but only for pennies on the dollar.

Well, back in 2004 I financed a trip to the US from putting about a dozen boxed Transformers on E-bay. - Seriously, I got about $300 for one boxed Metroplex.

Doing a bit of online research, I've seen some of the GI Joe figures (without all the accessories) being sold for $20-30 each.

So I'm fairly hopeful that'll it will cover a few bills and such like if I get them all sold.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

My brother approached me about a business opportunity. Not only am I not interested I'm trying very hard to dissuade him for pursuing it. Money, no matter if you worked hard to earn it, inherited it, or fell backasswards into it, should not be gambled with cavalierly. 

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Wondering at my Youtube recommendations and why they are racing videos with T&A, gun reviews, stoner metal and videos by dudes whining about SJWs and feminism.

Vacation is over so mentally preparing for the return to work

Maybe he will get rich from whatever he wants to do.

it involves, in fact requires, investment in a brick-and-mortar retail sales point. That means high start up and operations cost. Not a good idea these days. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Cleaned the terrace along with both litter boxes from scratch. I used a 0.33 l bottle for water and I think I used it a total of 20 times. Not going to waste any water in this blazing heat.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

last time there the first thing we heard was an air-raid siren, or coulda been a typhoon warning, no one knew but it was definitely cloudy

going home the plane was delayed two hours so our connector from LA to SD was missed and we enjoyed a midnight Astro van tour all the way from Los Angeles

All Stop. On Screen.

Are you flying from Honolulu? That's was how we did it. We took the hopper to Kauai from Oahu.

Thomas Sowell

Had a weird day down at the ole fishing hole yesterday. So were standing there fishing when out of the corner of my eye I see my friends pole go *WHAM*WHAM* and then sail completely over the railing and into the river. We tried to find it with a net but no luck. My friend is bumming hard when around 30 minutes later I reel i my line to rebait my hook and there is some random other line hooked to my line. I pull it in and there is a sinker and treble hook. We take that random hook, line and sinker and walk over to the general area where his pole went in. He throws it in and on the second toss, against all odds, hooks his own lost pole right on the spinner guard! The fish had gotten away but ~$75 retrieved from the river!

• Like 1

Weird night, first our flight was delayed for maintenance then they had a part delivered from Honolulu and it was delayed again. Then whatever they replaced didn't work so our flight was cancelled so they told people to start booking hotels while they worked on getting us replacement flights and vouchers and then 20 or 30 minutes later they came back and said the plane was now working and for everyone to get on. Half the waiting area cheered and the other half was either pissed or scared to fly after all those issues. I still feel bad for the folks that rebooked or got hotels and even worse for the ones who left.

Are you flying from Honolulu? That's was how we did it. We took the hopper to Kauai from Oahu.

We had a direct flight from Lihue to Denver (and vice versa) which was pretty awesome

All in all it was a great trip and I thank those who recommended it. I'll throw up a few pictures in one of the picture or vacation threads when I get home from work because of course I got right off the plane and went right to work. 

The only bad thing is that I apparently have a slight UV allergy. I swear humans aren't from this planet

Free games updated 3/4/21

There was a pretty big storm here yesterday and because our infrastructure is first rate, we had no power for about 3 hours

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

--All online shopping is convenient but does nothing to get ones butt off the couch if don't have to go anywhere. :p

--bought another mp3 player with a clip for hiking etc

--if I listen to a music video posted on this forum I can loop it, unlike using the stupid YT app on this phone. Who knew.

--I sill refuse to make a googleplay/store account.

--the weather doesn't feel like CA summer lately, cloudy mornings, good for walks tho.

--almost 50. Maybe my apathy is midlife crisis. At least I still don't have any crows feet. :)

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts