What did you do today?

Gorth

What about alcohol? I remember during GW1 we would stop into the UAE (Dubai) for liberty calls. It was a much less developed country in the early 90's but around noon a tall tower would start what I assume was a prayer service. During this time we couldn't buy booze, so we had to wait it out, but it was legal otherwise. I know this varies from Muslim country to country so whats it like in yours?

Alcohol is banned for civillians. Diplomats from different countries can bring their own and use it but they can't buy any because there are no bars here. You can buy liqour/moonshine from private sellers tho, same as pot.

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I'm home for a few days after 5 straight weeks out on the road.  Driving my passenger car felt so weird.  In the semi I sit way up high and look down on the road, allowing me to see pretty much everything, including down into other people's cars; people sometimes do some... interesting things when they drive.  In my Mazda I sit really low, almost on the ground.  It felt so weird to see the road from such a low angle, really disorienting at first.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm home for a few days after 5 straight weeks out on the road. Driving my passenger car felt so weird. In the semi I sit way up high and look down on the road, allowing me to see pretty much everything, including down into other people's cars; people sometimes do some... interesting things when they drive. In my Mazda I sit really low, almost on the ground. It felt so weird to see the road from such a low angle, really disorienting at first.

How do you game on the road?

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I'm home for a few days after 5 straight weeks out on the road. Driving my passenger car felt so weird. In the semi I sit way up high and look down on the road, allowing me to see pretty much everything, including down into other people's cars; people sometimes do some... interesting things when they drive. In my Mazda I sit really low, almost on the ground. It felt so weird to see the road from such a low angle, really disorienting at first.

Mostly my phone these days, that's why I'm playing Shin Megami Tensei Liberation Dx2 so much (and also because it's MegaTen and I love MegaTen).  In the future, once I go solo, it will be a laptop.  I might even bring my PS4 and a TV and use that, but all that is out while I still have to drive team.  I tried gaming on my laptop, but the truck vibrates and rattles way too much while it's moving for that to work.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Mostly my phone these days, that's why I'm playing Shin Megami Tensei Liberation Dx2 so much (and also because it's MegaTen and I love MegaTen).  In the future, once I go solo, it will be a laptop.  I might even bring my PS4 and a TV and use that, but all that is out while I still have to drive team.  I tried gaming on my laptop, but the truck vibrates and rattles way too much while it's moving for that to work.

There is a driver at work that has just that, a ps4 and a TV in the lorry for when he's off the clock.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

There is a driver at work that has just that, a ps4 and a TV in the lorry for when he's off the clock.

Some trucks even have a built in mount that swivels for mounting a tv to the wall of the truck.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Some trucks even have a built in mount that swivels for mounting a tv to the wall of the truck.

Yeah, it's an option. Which he found out a month ago when a motorcyclist decided to try to limbo underneath his lorry doing 150. While the police did their mechanical investigation (Retarded given the circumstances), he had to use a spare lorry that had an extra bed instead of tv mount ^^ Interesting choice by his employer since they've never have run driver teams.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

^ I'm surprised his company doesn't run teams.  Here in the US a lot of companies are pushing for people to run as teams.  It makes sense from the employers' point of view.  Loads get to their destination twice as fast without any extra equipment.  It makes sense for drivers too, since you make a bit more money, plus you always have a spotter for tight backups if you need one. That is, if you can deal with driving as part of a team.  I hate it.  The only reason I'm driving as part of a team right now is because I have to, it's part of my contract that I have to drive 6 months or 65000 miles as part of a team, then I can chose what I want to do.  At the rate we're racking up miles now, I'll fulfill the 65000 miles way before 6 months.  It's nothing against my teammate, I lucked out and got a good driver who pulls his weight and I get along with, my problem is that I have a hard time sleeping when the truck is moving (which is almost always, that's the whole point of team driving).  I am looking forward to the days when the truck is parked and I'm sleeping in a bed that's stationary.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Dealing with getting closer to 40, but at least I got a nice Dyson fan yesterday :D

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Tower, beats the crappy tower one I had in terms of cleaning. But it seems weaker at middle power range. The configurable oscillation is nice though as is the filter (I assume they do something :p)

Also forgot, my doggo has finished chemo so that's a relief. Just have monitoring appointments now

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On my way to the zoo with my lady for our anniversary. :)

Give my warmest regards to all manner of cats.
The lions and cheetahs say hi, but the tigers and panthers managed to elude me. :( To make up for it, I offered your regards to the not-true-cat "bear cat".

Binturong.jpg

He didn't seem to care.

• Like 4

That sucks Calax

Today was pretty good. We swapped out the convertible we had for the first two days for a Jeep and went to some beach that was off some long and narrow dirt roads that had areas to pull to the side because two cars could not pass each other for large stretches of it. Spent a few hours there and saw a few seals and I took pictures while my wife waded in the shallows. I don't do the ocean. I leave it alone and it leaves me alone. We came back in time to grab some sushi for an early dinner and then do a little shopping before catching the sunset. We're feeling slightly sickish so tomorrow we might take it easy and then we have a helicopter tour on Thursday and a boat tour on Friday. 

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

Noting the blood work lab I am at is named for the Rabie family. Can't help but think they must get one joke all the time

Noting the blood work lab I am at is named for the Rabie family. Can't help but think they must get one joke all the time

Just check if they have a nurse named Ninja that can stab you. :)