What did you do today?

Gorth

Well, I was studying computer science in Austria/Vienna to achieve my dream of working in the gaming industry. Things were going according to plan until -in the 2nd year- I found out that mom was diagnosed with cancer. I came back to Tehran(2011) and stayed there until mom passed away in 2013.

I helped my older brother pay his debts back in Austria before I came to Tehran. How? By working my ass off at a burger joint for 6 euros an hour, 11am till 11:30pm every weekend, no tip money, all of this whilst studying of course.

I also helped my younger brother get the hell out of this country back in 2014.

I myself decided to stay home and after mom passed away, I inherited enough money from her to buy myself an apartment with.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Sorry about your mom. :( Mine died the same way when I was 17.

Does Iran have annual property taxes?

Sorry to hear that. Losing loved ones is awful.

No, Iran does not have any annual property taxes. Once you buy a property, it's pretty much yours. There is a house built near the park in front of my house. The government made many attempts to drive the owners out and make the park bigger but in the end, they couldn't.

People aren't powerless against the government here, but fact is, that because they have participated in a revolution once(and failed miserably at it) they are wary of any kind of change, otherwise you'd be surprised to know that how much the average Iranian hates the government.

I couldn't even connect to certain people back in my youth because they would automatically connect me to the government since my father was a diplomat back in the days.

Funny how the stronger and more influential people are always immune to this problem in Iran.

This world is one big reality tv-show.

Actually yeah. I thought Friskies came from here. Don't worry Katphood, if things actually get bad we'll send you some. LOL, I'm sure the DHS would LOVE to know why I'm sending cat food to Tehran. Almost worth it to provoke that confrontation.

It'd be interesting to see Katphood explain why he's recieving hundreds of pounds of catfood from all around the world.

it'd be totes lulzy :p

When you wrote about Friskies origins I had to look it up myself, and I wasn't even a little bit surprised that Nestle owned them. I wonder what brand of food they don't own by now.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

A Nigerian scam mail. The highlight of my day.

Attn:Sir/Madam

I am Major-General Babagana Monguno (rtd). National Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari the president Federal Republic of Nigeria. I decided to contact you because of the prevailing security report reaching my office and the intense nature of polity in Nigeria. I Determined To Make Contact With You As Of The Widespread Refuge Information Reaching My Office And The Severe Nature Of Guidelines In My Country.

This Is To Enlighten You About Our Arrangement To Send Fund To You Via Cash Release As It Is The Only System That Will Be Easier For You And Us, We Are Going To Send Your Contract/ inheritance Part Payment Of 20 Million United States Dollars By Way Of Diplomatic Cash Delivery.

Note:The Money Is Coming On 2 Security Proof Boxes. The Boxes Are Sealed With Synthetic Nylon That Was Sealed And Padded With Machine.

This Fund Was Brought To Us For Our Local A.F.E.M. Market, But Since The Money Was Not Used, I Will Use My Position As The National Adviser to President To Send This Fund To You.

All You Need To Do Now Is To Send To Me Your Full House Address And Your Identity Such As, International Passport Or Drivers License Including Your Contact Phone & Fax Numbers For Easy Communication, The Diplomatic Attached Will Travel With It. He Will Call You Immediately Arrives in Your Country Airport. Hope This Is All Right By You? I Will Enlighten You When The Special Grace Of God Will Airlift The Boxes.

Note: The Diplomats Do Not Know The Original Contents Of The Boxes. What I Acknowledged To Them As The Contents Is Sensitive Photographic Film Material. I Did Not Declare Money To Them Please. If They Call You And Ask You The Contents Please Tell Them The Same Thing. Send Me An Email And I?ll Let You Know How Far I Have Gone With The Arrangement.

Please I Need Urgent Reply Because The Boxes Are Scheduled To Be As Soon As We Hear From you also call me for more information Tel: +234-708-0263-854

Best Regards,

Major-General Babagana Monguno (rtd).
National Security Adviser to the President
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Tel: +234-708-0263-854

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

So Why Exactly Are They Writing Like This. Do They Think It Is How You Have To Write In English?

Also, I Am Curious How You Are Going To Share Your Incoming Wealth With The Fine People Of The Obsidian Boards.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

A Nigerian scam mail. The highlight of my day.

Attn:Sir/Madam

I am Major-General Babagana Monguno (rtd). National Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari the president Federal Republic of Nigeria. I decided to contact you because of the prevailing security report reaching my office and the intense nature of polity in Nigeria. I Determined To Make Contact With You As Of The Widespread Refuge Information Reaching My Office And The Severe Nature Of Guidelines In My Country.

This Is To Enlighten You About Our Arrangement To Send Fund To You Via Cash Release As It Is The Only System That Will Be Easier For You And Us, We Are Going To Send Your Contract/ inheritance Part Payment Of 20 Million United States Dollars By Way Of Diplomatic Cash Delivery.

Note:The Money Is Coming On 2 Security Proof Boxes. The Boxes Are Sealed With Synthetic Nylon That Was Sealed And Padded With Machine.

This Fund Was Brought To Us For Our Local A.F.E.M. Market, But Since The Money Was Not Used, I Will Use My Position As The National Adviser to President To Send This Fund To You.

All You Need To Do Now Is To Send To Me Your Full House Address And Your Identity Such As, International Passport Or Drivers License Including Your Contact Phone & Fax Numbers For Easy Communication, The Diplomatic Attached Will Travel With It. He Will Call You Immediately Arrives in Your Country Airport. Hope This Is All Right By You? I Will Enlighten You When The Special Grace Of God Will Airlift The Boxes.

Note: The Diplomats Do Not Know The Original Contents Of The Boxes. What I Acknowledged To Them As The Contents Is Sensitive Photographic Film Material. I Did Not Declare Money To Them Please. If They Call You And Ask You The Contents Please Tell Them The Same Thing. Send Me An Email And I?ll Let You Know How Far I Have Gone With The Arrangement.

Please I Need Urgent Reply Because The Boxes Are Scheduled To Be As Soon As We Hear From you also call me for more information Tel: +234-708-0263-854

Best Regards,

Major-General Babagana Monguno (rtd).

National Security Adviser to the President

Federal Republic of Nigeria

Tel: +234-708-0263-854

i heard of someone who decided to troll the scammers and ended up finding that it wasn't a scam and there really was a huge inheritance in his name

talk about taking a blind shot and hitting the bullseye.

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

my day is just 19 minutes old. 00:19... and i emptying a bottle of beer. Yesterday i did play some Pillars of Eternity and watched a movie 'Inferno'. whas kinda boring movie. 

Whose alt are you?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

my day is just 19 minutes old. 00:19... and i emptying a bottle of beer. Yesterday i did play some Pillars of Eternity and watched a movie 'Inferno'. whas kinda boring movie. 

Whose alt are you?

We all alt down here.  You'll alt too.

RE: Friskies, was originally a Carnation company.  Bought by Nestle, then moved the dog/cat food over to Purina when they bought/merged with them.  Megaconglomerates FTW!

• Like 4

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Hubby decided he doesn't like the new van and is returning it. No comment.

I'm still in my apathy-mode. Haven't washed my hair in a week. Still slouching around, FF-ing through Korean day-dramas between naps. I think I sat outside briefly yesterday but I'm not sure. It's all a blur.

6.26.16-Heart-Touching-Adoption-Story2-3

I did attempt to break lethargy a bit by installing a new WordPress subdomain for FFXV screenshot blogging (since I hate tumblr etc). Dunno if I'll actually use it or just uninstall it again. :p WordPress sure has changed a lot since 7 years ago. Still the easiest but the premade theme concept has become really commercial (and harder for me to figure out how to slightly reconfigure them) even for simple pic-posting themes. Can't be bothered to create my own style/look from scratch these days however so whatever.

*back to couch-slouching*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm still in my apathy-mode. Haven't washed my hair in a week. Still slouching around, FF-ing through Korean day-dramas between naps. I think I sat outside briefly yesterday but I'm not sure. It's all a blur.

I did attempt to break lethargy a bit by installing a new WordPress subdomain for FFXV screenshot blogging (since I hate tumblr etc). Dunno if I'll actually use it or just uninstall it again. :p WordPress sure has changed a lot since 7 years ago. Still the easiest but the premade theme concept has become really commercial (and harder for me to figure out how to slightly reconfigure them) even for simple pic-posting themes. Can't be bothered to create my own style/look from scratch these days however so whatever.

Have you tried going somewhere else, a change of scenery is good. Maybe go to a park and read a book or have lunch somewhere.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Have you tried going somewhere else, a change of scenery is good. Maybe go to a park and read a book or have lunch somewhere.

Try opening up some window and walking around the house or doing some light stretching. I know those days all too well.

Or day drinking.

She's trying to fix the problem.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So, recreational cannabis?

Doubtful that would get her of her couch... :p

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

So, recreational cannabis?

Doubtful that would get her of her couch... :p

rofl ... most likely not. ;)

...when in doubt, move furniture/reorganize. Which is what I'm in the middle of doing.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Actually, I've been thinking of quitting pot but I am not sure if that's a good thing for someone like me who is supposed to stay at home, because to me, my current mental condition is beyond repair and I simply cannot interact much with people.

Quitting it ain't a big problem but once I get of the couch there ain't much to do besides grooming(be it the house or the cats). Maybe I should start reading something...nah, reading is for nerds!

Edited by Katphood

Haram i would guess :)