What did you do today?

Gorth

It's 2100 hours over here, and it's still 30C outside and I'm smelting.. I was hoping on doing a proper cleaning of my house today, but **** that... Why do people get on airplanes to experience these temperatures?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

It's 2100 hours over here, and it's still 30C outside and I'm smelting.. I was hoping on doing a proper cleaning of my house today, but **** that... Why do people get on airplanes to experience these temperatures?

Different climate. When I went to Hurghada we landed to a crispy 45° in the shade... at 0900. But noly once during that vacation did I sweat my ass off like I do right now with 15+° less. I almost melted when visiting the bazaar in the city proper (and that was at night). :)

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

The heatwaves have completely passed us over, where I am. All this news for a while about massive high temps and the fires but nothing like that here. Not complaining. Death Valley is the hottest place I've ever been in. Sure it was a "dry heat" but even with the car A/C on I was sweating through my clothes driving/sightseeing through there. I have no desire to ever revisit that spot.

Unrelated: I love Korean dramas, I've liked some Taiwan/Japan dramas. I've tried some Chinese dramas and I might like some, but what drives me crazy with them is their constant dubbing (they dub almost all dramas because of many regional dialect issues). Thus you can watch one, start liking an actress/actor and then try to watch another one of their shows ... but even if you're using subtitles, the completely different dub-voice coming out of their mouth throws you off. I can't stand it. lol.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You're welcome to come over here :)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Is 26 C or so here, which is still too hot for my liking.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

20C is about where my limit is, I don't have energy to do anything anymore.

Edit:

Huh, we actually had a heat record here today. 34C

Edited by Azdeus

There's a fly in my flat. I feel like Walter White right now. With less drug cooking, but with cooking heat outside...

I had like 15 or so flies yesterday. Opened the window and let them all out... that was hard work, because they are dumb as a brick. Went to work and when I came back, there had been another 10 to 20 flies. Thing is, all windows were closed, so they must have come from inside. I've let them out again and then started looking for a source, but couldn't find anything at all. There was no old leftover food, nothing that would smell, or a ventilation or whatever... I really have no clue where they came from.

I'm hoping that I just missed something and they got inside over the other day when I had everything open for hours.....

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

There is heat here alright(not sure if I could call it a heat wave though, the summers are always hot here) but pretty much every house here has an AC, mine as well. So yeah, it's pretty cool inside the house. It wasn't like that back in Austria/Germany though, most houses don't have an AC over there and summers were both hot and crazy humid!

I'm hoping that I just missed something and they got inside over the other day when I had everything open for hours.....

You probably left Steam running on your PC before heading out. :p

I have all the entries to my house and balcony barricaded, NOTHING gets inside my house, my cats make sure of that.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

The usual argument here is that you don't need an AC if the hot summer is only two to three weeks long.

Of course then suddenly you also get your rare "longer than two to three weeks" hot summer, but then it's too late to do anything about it already.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

True. You also used to get a lot of rain in the summers(once every week or so during my stay in Frankfurt am Main), but I don't know if that's still the case. The last time I was in Europe was some 8 years ago.

There's a fly in my flat. I feel like Walter White right now. With less drug cooking, but with cooking heat outside...

I had like 15 or so flies yesterday. Opened the window and let them all out... that was hard work, because they are dumb as a brick. Went to work and when I came back, there had been another 10 to 20 flies. Thing is, all windows were closed, so they must have come from inside. I've let them out again and then started looking for a source, but couldn't find anything at all. There was no old leftover food, nothing that would smell, or a ventilation or whatever... I really have no clue where they came from.

I'm living in a small town right next to a major floodplain so all my windows have a finely meshed insect screen. Otherwise various stinging insects would  murder me in my sleep. Which means the fly came through the door and it is still sitting somewhere and not moving much. I swear it only comes out to mock me when I walk out of the room.

We also once had a fly infestation with no apparent entry point. It turned out they were coming through the chimney cleanout door. A small rodent had died inside the chimney somewhere and the freshly eclosed flies squeezed through the small slit between the door and the wall. It was pretty impressive to see. And also pretty annoying. Not only where the flies everywhere they also were all sooty.

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I had a bat in my place last night. Took me hours to get the little bastard out. Tired as hell now.

Was in a pub with some old WoW guild mates and buddies talking about stuff we did 12-13 years ago in game. Then went home and realized where it all went wrong.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I drove by a sign in Illinois today that read "Rough road next 4 miles". My immediate thought was "They should put signs at the border of Indiana and Michigan, right next to the welcome sign, that read "Rough roads entire state".

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Went out to buy some cat food, only to realize that they have no Sanabelle anymore, just Friskies.

Oh well, see kids?! This is what happens when your government starts acting like a troll, on a global scale!

• Like 1

Actually yeah. I thought Friskies came from here. Don't worry Katphood, if things actually get bad we'll send you some. LOL, I'm sure the DHS would LOVE to know why I'm sending cat food to Tehran. Almost worth it to provoke that confrontation.

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The irony of Katphood struggling to find cat food...

We all try to find ourselves, most never do

I found myself in the bathroom. Apparently I hang out over the sink

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm surprised you even have Friskies.

It's the lowest brand of cat food, human. It also makes cats fat. The real deal is usually 'Royal Canine' but I replaced that with a German brand called 'Sanabelle' which is a whole lot better actually. Germans are good at making all sorts of food for cats.

Someday, when I achieve world domination(by sitting on my arse all day and doing nothing) I will give the Germans the task of making cat food for the entire planet.

I used to have a box of Friskies I used to feed the cats in our alley with, now I have to resort to the same kind of food for my cats!

...OH SASHA!!!! *weeps*

In all seriousness, people are struggling with bigger problems but hey, some people choose to marry and have two children, I choose to live all by myself and my two cats, because I really can't afford a family anymore. I am 35 already! Living alone keeps costs low and most importantly, it keeps my head clear. It also helps that I have my own apartment and don't have to pay rent.

Edited by Katphood

I found myself in the bathroom. Apparently I hang out over the sink

I thought that happened to me too, but I'm not convinced the devilishly handsome man above the sink was me, on account of all the writing on his shirt being backwards.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks