What did you do today?

Gorth

I still want myself a Radeon, but after watching AdoredTV's videos... yeah. It's not going to happen. :(

Edit; Also, wasn't it Melkathi that had a hotel near Athens? I hope he's alright.

With some light stalking, I was able to figure out the name of his hotel, and it isn't very close to the fires. His place is right in the middle of Athens, while the fire seems to be a bit outside of the city. I am sure it is still pretty chaotic.

Edited by Hurlshot
  • Like 1

Light stalking, eh.  Hm, time to burn this identity.  So long, Westlings!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

ATI before and AMD later, even when they had competitive or even superior products to nvidia, both failed in the same way: they could not compete with nvidia's mastery of marketing - both normal and underhanded. even when nvidia sells crap, they always manage to convince people that their overpriced crap is better than the product of their competitors (even if its a better product).

Yeah, it's a sad state when people get so easily blinded by

flashy marketing. :/ 

With some light stalking, I was able to figure out the name of his hotel, and it isn't very close to the fires. His place is right in the middle of Athens, while the fire seems to be a bit outside of the city. I am sure it is still pretty chaotic.

I'm glad to hear it, I didn't think of doing that since I was worried I'd find the wrong person. So, thanks! :)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

i have a friend who lives near where one of the fires was burning. they got alerted about the fire and told that they should be ready for evacuation. he saw the fire on the mountain and decided to just pack up and go because, if the wind direction changed, it would only take a few minutes for the fire to get there. meanwhile all his neighbors were just watching the forest burn from their balconies not giving a flying f. fortunately for them the wind didn't change

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I kept a tech support scammer on the line for 30 minutes. Pretending to play along, pretending that it didn't work, asking him if my cat was likely to blame for my computer issues. I also tried talking to him about if there were any cute girls in his office he fancied or if he'd listened to any interesting music, but alas, he refused to get off script.

The guy he transferred me to was very rude. I had to remind him that Yahoo is a family establishment!

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I kept a tech support scammer on the line for 30 minutes. Pretending to play along, pretending that it didn't work, asking him if my cat was likely to blame for my computer issues. I also tried talking to him about if there were any cute girls in his office he fancied or if he'd listened to any interesting music, but alas, he refused to get off script.

The guy he transferred me to was very rude. I had to remind him that Yahoo is a family establishment!

I need to get a sound board for them

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Those wacky weather temperatures are hitting 30 C here in the UK.

Tried poking at the job search, but this afternoon it's all "damn, it's hot, I'm tired" and it's like I'm in an episode of Stranger Things, running around in the woods yelling for Will.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Bought a tobbi eyetracker. I'm in <3.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Ugh, had all windows open over the night, but it's still very hot in here. It's probably the first night where it didn't change at all. Thinking of sleeping on the balcony tomorrow...

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

My workplace computers has blocked most major game websites and forums, but they do allow access to mainstream ****stains such as facepox and youtube.

My ****ing god am I bored...

Use hidemyass.com ? :p

Our trucks left the depot nearly 2 hours over time today because one of our supplier was stuck on the autobahn... because of serious forest fires that started yesterday. Hope the situation will get normal again soon. It sucks even more because I had to shorten their tours and everything we can't deliver today will be pushed to Monday... and Monday is already full with the regular stuff. Ugh.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Use hidemyass.com ? :p

Our trucks left the depot nearly 2 hours over time today because one of our supplier was stuck on the autobahn... because of serious forest fires that started yesterday. Hope the situation will get normal again soon. It sucks even more because I had to shorten their tours and everything we can't deliver today will be pushed to Monday... and Monday is already full with the regular stuff. Ugh.

I would, but such things are blocked since they dont affect the bosses. The IT department has been ordered to remove the blocks on things that the bosses want to use.

Its hard yo bypass since its not truly connected to the net but more of a internal network.

A friend of mine is writing a program to remedy this. ;)

My workplace computers has blocked most major game websites and forums, but they do allow access to mainstream ****stains such as facepox and youtube.

My ****ing god am I bored...

So major game websites and forums are not cesspools but YouTube is ?  I think the problem is with you :p

• Like 1

We here are the fine upstandung citizens of the net. Plus two hobos, but that is to remind us of how lucky we are!

Sspent the last hour watching the lunar eclipse and listening to crickets. While drinking copius amounts of rum. :)

I've got a new resident. A bat has taken to roosting in the gazebo I built a few years ago. It's a tiny little thing. I haven't been able to get a good pic of it yet. It's roosting in the ridge vent up top. I'd have to climb up to it to get a pic but i don't want to disturb it.  It's hard to tell for sure but I think it's a Gray Bat. Pretty cool whatever it's species. Hopefully it will oblige me with a pic soon. 

https://www.tn.gov/twra/wildlife/mammals/mammals-bats/gray-bat-myotis-federally-endangered.html

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

One of my friends has spent 12+ years as  a research scientist at a univeristy and has lost his job, and basically been told at all of his potential job interviews that as a research scientist his 12+ years working at a university counts as squat for private industry research,

So that combination of cheering him up and delayed celebration on my graduation combined.

Cigars, port, sun and a slight break of wind and teasing rain.

I am now somewhat drunk.

37927559_10156629072805746_6662963047537

• Like 8

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Wasted the weekend reading Warcraft books of all things. Probably should have done something productive, but just been super lazy for the past month

It's pretty hot here. 40 C or something like that.

I just do the best thing and stay in. Last night I decided to turn the AC off and go to bed, but when I woke up my whole pillow was covered in sweat.

Uaaagghhh...it's 5 AM here, gotta get something inside that stomach of mine, it is rumbling!

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.