What did you do today?

Gorth

@ Keyrock: Did you start out talking about a game and then transition to a rl story?

American Truck Simulator is my joke way of describing my real life truck driving career. ;)
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Get my house tomorrow. Trying to get a cargo van from work (which after looking at it doesn't seem like it'd actually help me as much as I thought), and apparently am being blocked because the fleet manager hates my guts. Ho Hum.

• Like 2

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

@ Keyrock: Did you start out talking about a game and then transition to a rl story?

American Truck Simulator is my joke way of describing my real life truck driving career. ;)

converse, harvey birdman is exact like our real life job.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Office Space is just like my job

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Office Space is just like my job

Umm, yeah.  I'm going to need those TPS reports on my desk by this afternoon.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Office Space is no longer funny when it's a mirror on my life, honestly. :p 

Well ok, Peter has it better than me.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

For $1500 dollars I would have driven it to your house. :lol:

IKR? Although it was probably more like $800-$1000 since there's taxes and registration and all that on top.

Anyway, it was delivered this morning. It's definitely very close to hubby's original van, with some minor differences in styling here and there - like no triangle-window openings on front windows and no carpet flooring, just this vinyl stuff. Which they decided to Armor-all (something you use on your tires) to make it all shiny, meaning if you got in and walked around your shoe soles were all slippery. Idjits. >.>   Had to scrub that all off.

Other than that it looks good. Don't know what hubby will think of it until he drives it around for a few weeks/gets used to it. Also, either it's slightly taller or the "step" is slightly higher or I'm just bloody older every hour, but it feels like more of a struggle for me to step up into the thing/passenger seat area (short legs and bad knees). Pretty soon I'll need a special cane just to get into hubby's cars. Most of the time I make him drive me around in my car, instead. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Exactly one minute after I clean the kitty litter and put out the garbage, Ignus suddenly decides to take a ****. Way to go, son!

They gave me a bottle oxycodone for the pain

First of all, glad to hear you made it. Second, that drug can be more addictive than morphine. Be very very careful with that, it has ruined many peoples lives. Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I got my first load headed west to Cali (Ontario near LA) and now I'm driving back east toward San Antonio. Some thoughts from my trip out west:

* If you ever wanted to see fields, nothing but fields for hundreds of miles, then Kansas is the state for you.

* Driving through Vegas, Primm, by the Nipton Rd sign, etc made me want to play FONV again.

* Everything in Cali is so expensive. How do people afford to live there?

* Phoenix is really pretty, at least what I saw from I-10. For a city smack dab in the middle of the desert, it has an impressive amount of green, healthy vegetation.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I got my first load headed west to Cali (Ontario near LA) and now I'm driving back east toward San Antonio. Some thoughts from my trip out west:

* If you ever wanted to see fields, nothing but fields for hundreds of miles, then Kansas is the state for you.

* Driving through Vegas, Primm, by the Nipton Rd sign, etc made me want to play FONV again.

* Everything in Cali is so expensive. How do people afford to live there?

* Phoenix is really pretty, at least what I saw from I-10. For a city smack dab in the middle of the desert, it has an impressive amount of green, healthy vegetation.

https://youtu.be/11GYvfYjyV0

• Like 2

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Speaking of Truckee, I just finished the Donner Lake Olympic Triathlon. The swim went well enough. It is still my weakest event, but I felt comfortable and finished around 70th out of 140, so very middle of the pack.

The bike was epic. I had done the route earlier in the week, and I'm glad I did because I felt good climbing and knew how to pace myself. We climbed Donner Pass for about 2400 feet in elevation. I made up a lot of ground and my bike time was good for 40th on the day.

The run was one loop around Donner. It was beautiful, but I was definitely dragging a bit in the middle. I know I can do better next year on the run. It was 6.6 miles and I was at about an 8:40 mph pace. My time was 55th there. 

I ended up 49th overall and 4th in my age group. So close to the podium! Actually not that close, the 3rd place guy in my age group was about 10 minutes ahead of me. Still, this was easily the most fun of the races I've done since I started 7 months ago, and jumping in Donner Lake to cool off at the end was a great moment. 

37602528_10214291140924860_7783718893524

• Like 6

Wow you are looking lean and mean!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

More like white and nerdy.

• Like 1

I just saw the tallest woman I've ever seen in my life at 7-Eleven a few minutes ago. She had to be about 6'8" or so but was rail thin to the point I thought a small breeze might fold her over enough times to reach the moon.

Free games updated 3/4/21

i decided that his name will be Panthro. gray, male and fearless 1 month old kitten. no matter how many times she chases him away, he still goes and eats from her bowl

IMG_20180723_071608.jpg

• Like 7

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

We're having that record breaking heat that's running up past 30 C and hovering around the 32-35 C weather.  Which is apparently causing issues with the emergency services since people just aren't used to it.

The cat seems fairly miserable and keeps stalking around yowling its head off and moewing at me, so I keep checking he's got water.

I'm idly poking at the job hunt, reading a fair bit, procrastinating somewhat, and wrestling with the temptation of splurging on a new graphics card.... hmmm.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

wrestling with the temptation of splurging on a new graphics card.... hmmm.

You might as well wait a month or two fpr the GTX 11xx cards to come out. If nothing else, it will drop the prices on the 10xx series cards some more.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I still want myself a Radeon, but after watching AdoredTV's videos... yeah. It's not going to happen. :(

Edit; Also, wasn't it Melkathi that had a hotel near Athens? I hope he's alright.

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Nothing special today. Tehran has been boiling for the past few weeks(40-42 C), so going out can be pretty annoying and bothersome.

Went out and bought some kitty treats and by the time I was back I was already poured in sweat. Played some Warframe, went to sleep and woke up around 22:00. Now I am going to spend the whole night playing vidgy games and watching classic 70's movies.

Yeah, basically mix of unemployment and mental health issues. :grin:

I've been really lethargic and find myself just slumping in bed/chairs reading long recaps of TV series (either faves I've seen or ones I don't care to watch but don't mind recaps to get the gist of it instead). I need to get out of this strange mental rut. My brother and sister emailed me last week with more parent-estate stuff (I swear that stuff takes forever/never seems to entirely end) which probably triggers all kinds of mental avoidance foolishness I suppose. :disguise:

Hubby's new van: despite the fact it's 98% closer to his original van than the last one he bought, his general thought so far is almost exactly the same: "It's not as comfortable to drive (various small reasons)."

To which I replied: "Nothing you buy will be, because that van of yours has had 20+ years to mold itself to your skinny butt (plus spine, shoulders and mental aura)."

:p  :biggrin:

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm looking forward to 30°C in the office today. Gotta prepare for feeling like crap for the rest of the day then... wondering if I should take some of them cooling pads with me and just slap them on my head once I can't bear it anymore.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I still want myself a Radeon, but after watching AdoredTV's videos... yeah. It's not going to happen. :(

Edit; Also, wasn't it Melkathi that had a hotel near Athens? I hope he's alright.

ATI before and AMD later, even when they had competitive or even superior products to nvidia, both failed in the same way: they could not compete with nvidia's mastery of marketing - both normal and underhanded. even when nvidia sells crap, they always manage to convince people that their overpriced crap is better than the product of their competitors (even if its a better product).

• Like 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.