What did you do today?

Gorth

Dude. Have you seen what I written about those coutnries' governments?

I have refered to EU as nazis and they at ein the middle of making people who criticize them, Islam or whatever criminals. That makes me a criminal in the eyes of the EU.

Dude, you should stop reading and watching fake news.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I don't watch news. fake or otherwise. I read news. Fake or otherwise. Plus, we know this as facts. Stop spamming   blind fiath that the gov'ts are your friends. they are not.But, hey, defend SA and theirt throwing gays off buildings, or Putin and his arrests of those who disagree with him, or the anti islamophic laws/anti internet laws the EU is currently undergoing. Hell, my own country is trying to push that crap through.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Looks like you might get to vote a bit earlier than you assumed. Unless the issues with your government are a bit overstated?

I have a feeling it will all be fine after the Bavarian elections.

Anyway, since this term was a mess to begin with, I feel lucky that the re-elections didn’t happen BEFORE today :)

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

@Lexx: Says the German whose country is anti freedom.

I'm still feeling pretty free around here. DDR tymes were a lot worse, and we aren't even close to that right now, even though plenty media outlets try to make it look so.

Hey, at least my country hasn't introduced a gender pronoun law. :D

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Did my first Olympic distance Triathlon today!

If you've been following along, you might remember that the swim has been a struggle for me, both in my first sprint event last month and the open water training I did a few weeks ago. For some reason today it just clicked though, and I was able to swim strong freestyle for the entire 1750 yards. I was actually so surprised how easy it was to stay in the rhythm and sight people that I found myself pushing pretty hard halfway through. I ended up with a 30 minute split which was about 4 minutes faster than my previous speed average.

I hit the bike fast (after another slow transition, I've gotta practice that!) and felt good on the course. It was a pretty fun course, basically a quick 5 miles out of town, then about a 10 mile steady climb (not too steep, maybe 400 feet) and then a fast 10 miles back down. Much like the swim, I stayed with a group and felt good. I averaged about 20 miles per hour, so it took 1:15 to finish.

The run was tough. That is typically my strength, but this was a hilly trail course with lots of gravel. I was hoping for a 7:30 pace, but ended up with 8:15 over the 10k distance. It took 50 minutes. I'm not too down about it, I passed a lot of miserable people walking the hills and my time was pretty decent for my age group.

Overall I finished in 2:43, and that put me 24th out of 55 in my age group. I'm bummed I didn't place higher, but you can't control the other people. My goal was to finish under 2:45 and I hit that. The bike is still my weakness, even though I've been working hard at it. But just a mile or two slower than competitors comes out to some pretty big gaps. Still, my first Olympic is in the books and hopefully I'll keep getting faster.

• Like 3

For some random reason I've decided to try to learn Russian, so got a book and am working through it as well as Duolingo for practice

If you were so inclined there is a lot of work for someone of your education and skills in Russia.

I'll need some Adidas suits first

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

That sucks TN, hope it's just a strain and nothing else :)

Did an ultrasound on my liver today, about a month ago I did a CT scan on my kidneys and adrenal glands and they turned out to be fine, but the doctor thought that my liver was swollen and suspected cirrhosis. So atleast that is not a thing. Going to do a, uh... fluid throughput ultrasound of my kidneys.

Also, despite taking double my bloodpressure meds my BP hasn't dropped any significant amount. Missing my potassium pill does more for my BP than anything else.

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Heart health can be so stupid for some people. My mom can't do anything to get her cholesterol down - they recommend that she does lots of exercise and eats healthy. She's virtually a vegetarian and her job makes her work on her feet every day *and* she works out on top of it, and of course avoids all the foods that are supposed to be bad for her cholesterol, but nothing she does seems to put a dent in it. Doing everything they keep telling her to do besides taking the terrible pills and none of it seems to do anything.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

That sucks, for both of you. My mum's got arthritis in both wrists (at least, that's the diagnosis they're sticking with now) and similarly nothing the doctors make her do or give her does anything for her. Makes going to the doctor with a problem feel a bit useless.

You're not really a drinker, right Azdeus?

Not really no, nothing that comes close to causing liver cirrhosis atleast. I average 2 times a year that I drink, proper, and now and then(Once a month maybe?) a beer or glass of rum. Some years I go without even touching it, but when midsummer and midwinter comes around I can sometimes feel an urge. Mostly because my mates drink.

Since everyone on my mothers side of the family are functioning alcoholics (In my POV) I have a worry that I might fall into that, so I limit myself. Not going to limit myself this weekend though, since the doc's told me that I might have cirrhosis I abstained from alcohol this friday (Midsummers eve is a very important holiday afterall! :) ) so I'm going to have a proper drunken blowout. Aiming for blackout drunk, but I doubt that will happen. :D

The doctor did say that my liver might be a bit swollen from my bloodpressure though, and having high BP for a very long time can cause cirrhosis. I'm not massively overweight, have had basically no chance of contracting hepatitis. Apparently I don't have any gallstones to worry about either, wich is also a possibility. *Shrug*

Hey, Aluminiumtrioxide are you still around? >_>

• Like 1

My mum's got arthritis in both wrists (at least, that's the diagnosis they're sticking with now) and similarly nothing the doctors make her do or give her does anything for her. Makes going to the doctor with a problem feel a bit useless.

Yeah, I have arthritis in both of my wrists as well. I've even had surgery on one of them in an attempt to fix it, but it never heals. I look forward to 20-30 years from now when I'm dying from a host of auto-immune diseases, seeing as they tend to multiply as you get older.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Technically I should be focusing more on the job hunt.

Actually I've gotten into the bad habit of reading until around 4-5am then doing a lazy get out of bed at 10am.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Wasting time talking of game ideas we'll never make at work. So far the best is POG of Duty, where you play a logistics NCO making sure combat troops get the socks and boots they need.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Kidneys are normal. :thumbsup:

• Like 6

What about the rest of you ? :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What about the rest of you ? :p

Well, besides kidneys, all I can say is the adrenal glands, the liver, lungs and trachea, and gallbladder are all fine :p

I'm working on a project with a representative of one of our State Senators. She is very smart and my first though is "what is she doing here?". State legislator staff positions are not well paid and pretty far down the political food chain. Well last night we got dinner together (not like that we each paid) and she got to talking. She has a BA in Asian Studies and a second degree in International Business from Vanderbilt University. This poor girl is so far in debt she can't even afford an apartment. And she can't find work that takes advantage of her qualifications. I gave her the best advice I could: get out of Tennessee. She really needs to be looking for work on the West Coast, or even better, abroad.

It really sucks. She has the equivalent of a mortgage with no house. She could have gotten the exact same education from Middle Tennessee State, UT Martin, or any number of others for half what she paid. Attending a top university is a mixed blessing at best IMO. Thinking back on my own education I was quite a bit older than most of my peers. I was in my later 20's and early 30's then. I had an idea what the job market was really like and what knowledge was valuable and where. Universities do their students a disservice in that respect. they don't really teach how to apply the instruction they offer to the "real world". By the time people learn they are tens of thousands of dollars in debt and have a head full of knowledge no one wants.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell