What did you do today?

Gorth

Steam is having a sale. I haven't played Tyranny yet. Still playing Deadfire and liking it a lot. I also haven't played FO4 and the GoTY edition is on sale. If you were me which would you pick?

Leaning towards Tyranny. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Since you're enjoying Deadfire and that's my only point of reference, and I rather dislike Bethesda(-developed) games, I guess Tyranny, :p.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I've enjoyed FO3 for the atmosphere and environment more than the RPG/Story side of it. Obs did a much better job with with the total package in NV. Same could be said of Oblivion & Skyrim . Just being in the world made it worth the price of the game for me. The RPG parts of those were OK. Skyrim was much better. I've heard folks here say FO4 is disappointing in terms of RP & story but if the setting is well fleshed out I can look past that. 

FO76 will definitely be a big "no" for me. My time is fleeting and precious and I am not wasting it on an MMO. 

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I was pretty disappointed in FO4, but I still put in a lot of hours exploring. Tyranny isn't really going to scratch that itch, it is much more of a narrative experience and also quite a bit smaller in scope.

Pick up both. You will get to them eventually. :p

• Like 1

LOL I just did! Funny thing, I see in my steam library I have all three Witcher titles too. I bought them on sale a while back and I've never played them. Like I said, never enough time.

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

I just spent the past couple days pulling my hair out debugging Calibre trying to get some books from Humble Bundle onto my kindle. Oh no, it's crashing whenever I convert! Oh, maybe it's only crashing whenever it's over a certain size...

All the google results about this blame the PC running it. So I try their troubleshooting stuff, but none of it applies to me or seems to work.

Then I try something else, I try other books than the specific series I want to convert. Even if they're larger, it doesn't care. Turns out it just hates that one series... And that's because this one comic series are all saved as 8k X 12k pngs. This might be related. I converted one from png to jpg and the file size increased 20x. So however Calibre is choosing to convert these, it might be running into a problem.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Though Calibre is rather janky, I've never had that specific problem with it.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I distinctly remember smoking two packs in a dream, which is weird because I usually don't remember my dreams. I'm at the 3 week mark of 'quitting' smoking. I started vaping instead, so I can still get my nicotine fix if I really need it, but I find that I need it much less, Like 3-5 times a day as opposed to 20.

I see what you did there brain, not gonna work.

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

a wasp got in the house from somewhere and decided to wake me up this morning with a sting

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Like some others here, I really hate overly hot weather. The thing is, in Bay-California, most summer days it's actually pretty nice outside, if you're sitting in some shade. Just enough breeze where it's warm but not in a sweaty way.

It's inside the house that feels like an oven that makes you sweat and stick to couches. I've considered prying off the wood siding on the house and spraying that all-uniform foam insulation everywhere and in the "attic" crawlspace, but that would make it difficult to access wiring and such I'd imagine. So would pouring concrete into all the walls. :p

Maybe I should build a computer-gazebo. You know how some people go all out with their covered BBQ spaces? Like that, only rigged with outlets and cables for computer-ing. Then I could just stick a desktop, TV/monitors and snoozing-lounge outside and annoy the neighbors with the sounds of gaming and youtube all day/night long. Along with my occasional shriek of being woken up by the cold noses of raccoons.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

For some random reason I've decided to try to learn Russian, so got a book and am working through it as well as Duolingo for practice

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

For some random reason I've decided to try to learn Russian, so got a book and am working through it as well as Duolingo for practice

If you were so inclined there is a lot of work for someone of your education and skills in Russia.

Thomas Sowell

Well I can vote now :D

Congrats. May I recommend you vote for candidates from the PDV (Partei der Vernunft) when you can?

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Had a hipster friend stay over for a day, so now I'm drinking coffee with goats milk and vanilla syrup. That is some creamy ****, I feel like I just had a meal.

There is also some kind of white sponge thing in the bathroom for skin treatment that I don't know what to do with. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Had a hipster friend stay over for a day, so now I'm drinking coffee with goats milk and vanilla syrup. That is some creamy ****, I feel like I just had a meal.

There is also some kind of white sponge thing in the bathroom for skin treatment that I don't know what to do with. 

Is probably like the the 3 seashells; try wiping your butt with it.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

If you were so inclined there is a lot of work for someone of your education and skills in Russia.

I'll need some Adidas suits first

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"If you were so inclined there is a lot of work for someone of your education and skills in Russia."

Has Malcador ever criticzed Putin. if so, I recommend him never heading there. I know even if I was offered a lot of money (I won't as I don't have skills), I wouldn't go there, to any European country, or ME country. I would be locked up so fast my head would spin.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"If you were so inclined there is a lot of work for someone of your education and skills in Russia."

Has Malcador ever criticzed Putin. if so, I recommend him never heading there. I know even if I was offered a lot of money (I won't as I don't have skills), I wouldn't go there, to any European country, or ME country. I would be locked up so fast my head would spin.

That's whacky and paranoid, even for you. Unless you keep a cellar full of children and feed on them. In which case, uhm, somebody call the mounties?

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Dude. Have you seen what I written about those coutnries' governments?

I have refered to EU as nazis and they at ein the middle of making people who criticize them, Islam or whatever criminals. That makes me a criminal in the eyes of the EU. Putin is a dictator who has no problem destroying the lives of even those once loyal to them whoa re rich. I have bashed him repeatedly. The only saving grace I have is he might see me as insignificant but his underlings won['t. And, we don't need to talk about how the ME countries and how they deal with dissenters. L0LZ Nope, not taking any chances. My freedom isn't worth it.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.