What did you do today?

Gorth

Hope your cuz get's well, cancer truly is a B.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

i found these 2 in the shed next to the chicken pen

IMG_20180616_183619.jpg

IMG_20180616_183501.jpg

the gray is pretty brave, it didn't hide as much as the white and even ventured outside and picked a piece of meat from the dog's bowl (of course the dog was not there)

• Like 4

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I played in a poker tournament last night. Made an early exit I'm sorry to say. Texas Holdem really isn't my game. Too many cards. In 5 card stud two pair is a monster hand. In Texas Holdem it's a losing hand. Also, if you have not made your hand by the Turn, check or fold. You are NOT getting it on the River. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Also, if you have not made your hand by the Turn, check or fold. You are NOT getting it on the River. 

only if i'm playing for money, if it's just for fun, the river usually pays off. *sigh*... pays off. lol

• Like 1

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

It was for money. I was the second one out on the fist table. Chasing too many flushes on the river card. I'm thinking is a 1 in 4 to hit it. Even if that means it's a 75% chance of missing it. But thinking afterwards it's not even that good. Two clubs on the table and two in front of me means at least four out of a possible 13 are accounted for. With four other players at that time there are 8 other cards face down. that means an 85% chance at least one of them is a club. That leaves at best 7 clubs left out of 36 cards still in the deck. So the odds were not 25% they were 19%. at BEST. If even one more of the 8 cards I could not see was a club that drops the odds another 3%. 

Poker is no fun when you start doing the math. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Welp, I just lost another tire. Some douche waffle placed fancy nails on the bike lane. Luckily I only made 3.5km at this point, so I could easily walk back home.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Welp, I just lost another tire. Some douche waffle placed fancy nails on the bike lane. Luckily I only made 3.5km at this point, so I could easily walk back home.

Wait, did you abandon the bike? :p

Edited by Skazz

I made a 9x9 pan of honey cornbread, then ate half of it. :disguise: it was so good tho.

Hubby's with the sis-in-law, who's in town for the weekend, helping her with some home repair type stuff (they rent out the house they used to live in). He took my car - something he does more and more often - leaving me "stranded" (I can't drive his big van). Good thing I'm a homebody. I think he's put close to 10k on my '98 model car the past 16-18 months. Might reach 50k by 2020. Ha. Ha.

@ShadySands - that definitely sucks, sorry to hear. :/

@tek - too cute. I need a kitty to rescue. The neighbors small chickens that keep flapping into our yard now and then aren't quite the same.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Was close to 90 degrees outside today I hate this time of year.. but not the wife, me I been inside the house most of the day with my friend Mister Air Conditioning. Well wife got home

from work and dragged my sorry ass onto our front porch so we could spent some quiet time together, ah it was not so bad outside, since we drunk homebrewed ice tea, ate ice cream

and cuddled while watching the sunset together, afterwards she went to bed, me I stayed up watching tv and fell asleep on the sofa.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

This is why I never ride without a spare tube.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

My driver mentor does a dedicated run from Detroit or other parts in Michigan or Ohio down to Laredo Texas, on the border with Mexico. On my 2 weeks with him (which are just about up) this is my 3rd time down to Laredo. There are pros and cons to driving down to Laredo. The pros are that once you get past San Antonio the last 2 1/2 hours of the drive are nice clear roads with no traffic problems (you think traffic jams suck in a car, imagine how fun they are in a tractor trailer). The cons are the heat. Holy smokes it's hot down here!

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Luckily had a storm pass through here that caused the humidity to break and cleared the air a bit. They say we're in for a mild summer, I sure hope so, 40 C with humidity and smog isn't my idea of a good time - yet some people strangely love it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Today it's choc. chip brownies .... and spending 1.5 hours cutting my own hair, because I'm picky and like doing things the hard way.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

i spent most of yesterday cleaning up my skyrim-se mods, and loadorder after updating the various body/face/vampire texture/mesh mods i'm using (i was putting it off for this very reason). bloody nightmare. finally just got back into actually playing skyrim today.

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

I had to look Juneteenth up. I wonder why its focused specifically on Texas. Does each of the ex slave states have a unique independence day?

In the early 20th century, economic and political forces led to a decline in Juneteenth celebrations. From 1890 to 1908, Texas and all former Confederate states passed new constitutions or amendments that effectively disenfranchised black people, excluding them from the political process. White-dominated state legislatures passed Jim Crow laws imposing second-class status. The Great Depression forced many black people off farms and into the cities to find work. In these urban environments, African Americans had difficulty taking the day off to celebrate. The Second Great Migration began during World War II, when many black people migrated to the West Coast where skilled jobs in the defense industry were opening up.[12] From 1940 through 1970, in the second wave of the Great Migration, more than 5 million black people left Texas, Louisiana and other parts of the South for the North and West Coast. As historian Isabel Wilkerson writes, "The people from Texas took Juneteenth Day to Los Angeles, Oakland, Seattle, and other places they went."[13]

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

-----

Also, calling all EU members on this board!

The EU is about to **** things up for us again, doing errands for the lobbyists. There is more information here; https://juliareda.eu/2018/06/saveyourinternet/

I really enjoy the internet and free flow of information, and I'm sure you do to, so let's try and stop this **** before we all have to prep USB-sticks with a TOR reader... So do please take some of your time to try and stop it from happening. :)

It passed, and suddenly people around me start waking up when it's to late. We'll have to try again before the next vote in the beginning of July.

https://saveyourinternet.eu/

https://juliareda.eu/2018/06/not-giving-up/

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Visited Buchenwald today, as part of a class trip to Weimar, a small town in former eastern Germany

How was it?

interesting. Quite striking.

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows