What did you do today?

Gorth

Start of old thread
End of old thread

So, what do you want to share with facebook, google and every other online spy and monitoring service out there? :skull:

• Like 7

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Just signed for and received a package containing a variety of sex toys that my neighbors ordered. I was waiting for a USB type C HUB, I swear !

Delivery guy didn't even look up, just 'sign here' and I did an indeterminable doodle, as you do. Left the package outside their door, aaaand you can kinda tell it's been opened.

As far as I'm concerned it never happened. I'm sticking to that no matter what. 

• Like 5

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

So, what do you want to share with facebook, google and every other online spy and monitoring service out there? :skull:

My online presence is shrouded in dark mystery and confounding contradictions to confuse and misdirect all search and ad bots and such.  I am invisible! .... "but honey, there are gov. forms and the like that" ... hush, you, I'm invisible, let's go with that. :sorcerer: 

Today I'm inelegantly sprawled out on the daybed in my PC room, watching Netflix/surfing the net, because past couple days it's too bloody warm outside/in the rest of the house. Maybe summer has finally arrived vs. only peeking around the corner now and then? When the early evening picks up tho, I'll go back outside and do a little yard trimming. Summer days may suck in a way (to me), bu summer evenings are the best.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

what did i do today? well, played some skyrim se, a little deadfire, and a lot of baldur's gate 1... funny, it's been like 15 years since i've played it, and decided to pick it up a few days ago on a lark, as the enhanced edition was on sale for 5 bucks, so why not... now, i don't even recall what bg1 or 2 was about, i played the hell out of it way back when but it's a complete blank now. even as i'm playing it, nothing seems to click, like the opposite of riding a bike, supposedly... so it's like i'm playing it for the first time.

now, i do remember baldur's gate was a complete cheese grater (archaic gaming terminology... a level or section of a level that is incredibly cheap = cheese -- a game composed of cheese levels and nothing but cheese levels = cheese grater). however, iirc even though it was a cheese grater, baldur's gate was still a fair cheese grater, as the game still seemed to stick to the rules, most of the time.

however, now that i've been playing through it, and am nearly finished with my first BG:EE run, and i can't help but feel like gameplay was drastically altered, as when i'd just started playing (as in before i hit level 2 with my character), it's almost like every few rounds the computer was pulling something over on me. i did quite a bit of ad&d 2.0 in the early-to-mid 90's, lots actually, so i had a pretty good idea of how things flow, and well, BG:EE just seemed off, where as i don't recall feeling that about the original... or am i just wearing my pink tinted nostalgia goggles? even though i don't even recall the game, even as i'm playing, i haven't had any of those: "oh, right that happens at this point in the game" moments. you folks think i'm just going crazy?

Edited by Casper

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

I was thinking today about how my old 35mm film camera, it had a tiny little watch-like battery in it, that I replaced maybe once every year. Sometimes longer. Vs. having to recharge batteries constantly/carry more than one battery, like now. Which made me hunt for the thing (stuffed in a box somewhere). It was a Pentax ME-Super, with a couple zoom lenses (I never had the stock 50mm). It was a very nice basic film camera for those days. Tough too, and mine's in great condition (no scuffing or cracks etc).

I picked it up and it's so small/light vs. the DSLR's, even with the zoom lens attached. Outside of having no instant-access to pics, I still love the concept of non-digital. So I looked up if you could still (easily) buy film. Apparently you can although not as cheaply as before. If I only had the space or an extra bathroom for a development room, I could get back into it as a hobby probably. Hubby wants to build a shed, a small greenhouse etc. in the backyard. Can I build a darkroom shed? The grass area is fairly large and rectangular, we don't need any grass, right?

4374003982_b212bcd3d7_z.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I lost an office Warhammer 40K match against Adeptus Mechanicus playing as Thousand Sons.

It was a bad day for casting psychic powers.

Ooh... Tzeentch may be very disappointed in you... or not. Depends on the bigger plans :lol:

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Today it's slow cooked beef tri-tip roasts (wrapped in bacon) and around halfway through some small red potatoes tossed around the edges to cook with it.

The house is going to smell so yummy all day...

• Like 1

(double-posting, shoot me)

...which reminds me, does anyone else just boil herbs in a pot as an "air freshner?" i suppose that doesn't work well if you have a huge house but I much prefer the smell of that than some chemical-fruit-perfume odor. Either just on the stove is enough or you can put the heated pot on coaster somewhere else for a while.

I lost an office Warhammer 40K match against Adeptus Mechanicus playing as Thousand Sons.

Ooh... Tzeentch may be very disappointed in you... or not. Depends on the bigger plans :lol:

The beauty of playing a Tzeentch-aligned army. Your losses are victories, and victories are losses!

1419910683441.jpg

• Like 2

I was thinking today about how my old 35mm film camera, it had a tiny little watch-like battery in it, that I replaced maybe once every year. Sometimes longer. Vs. having to recharge batteries constantly/carry more than one battery, like now. Which made me hunt for the thing (stuffed in a box somewhere). It was a Pentax ME-Super, with a couple zoom lenses (I never had the stock 50mm). It was a very nice basic film camera for those days. Tough too, and mine's in great condition (no scuffing or cracks etc).

I picked it up and it's so small/light vs. the DSLR's, even with the zoom lens attached. Outside of having no instant-access to pics, I still love the concept of non-digital. So I looked up if you could still (easily) buy film. Apparently you can although not as cheaply as before. If I only had the space or an extra bathroom for a development room, I could get back into it as a hobby probably. Hubby wants to build a shed, a small greenhouse etc. in the backyard. Can I build a darkroom shed? The grass area is fairly large and rectangular, we don't need any grass, right?

4374003982_b212bcd3d7_z.jpg

I've not read it, but I've seen it suggested to people wanting to set up their own darkroom:

https://www.amazon.com/New-Darkroom-Handbook-Joe-DeMaio/dp/0240802608/

I'm pretty sure it has options for darkrooms in apartments, so I don't think you need a lot of real estate for a darkroom. Its been 30+ years but I seem to recall my old college's darkroom being about the size of a largish closet.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The beauty of playing a Tzeentch-aligned army. Your losses are victories, and victories are losses!

Heads, I win, tails you lose. :p

Always been a White Scar man myself.

-----

Also, calling all EU members on this board!

The EU is about to **** things up for us again, doing errands for the lobbyists. There is more information here; https://juliareda.eu/2018/06/saveyourinternet/

I really enjoy the internet and free flow of information, and I'm sure you do to, so let's try and stop this **** before we all have to prep USB-sticks with a TOR reader... So do please take some of your time to try and stop it from happening. :)

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Oh my, looks like the leftists are trying to introduce too much regulation again... oh... wait.

Yeah, the EPP's gonna EPP. What a surprise. Le sigh.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Jesus ****, thanks for bringing that to my attention Az. When the hell did this show up?

I just heard about it from a pirate party friend of mine, so I don't rightly know. It's been going on for atleast a month I think.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

God, it's so hot again today and it is barely 27°C and there's even clouds in the sky... yet I feel like dying.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Found out my cousin has some rare form of blood cancer and that my evil aunt is trying to sell my childhood home. Worried about my cousin, the second thing doesn't really bother me but everyone is making such a big deal out of it.

Beautiful day out, 87 degrees and cloudy with a light breeze

Free games updated 3/4/21

Found out my cousin has some rare form of blood cancer and that my evil aunt is trying to sell my childhood home.

What if those two events are related?

(In all seriousness: I hope your cousin gets better, however unfavorable his chances may be. Cancer is no joke.)

Edited by Skazz

Yeah, thanks guys

The blood cancer is not related in any way. My cousin fell and broke some ribs thanks to being blackout drunk and the doctors found the cancer when they examined him. My aunt has always been somewhat of a bad person and instead of helping me with the house after my mom died ( I was a teen at the time) she took it from me under the guise of helping me. I consider that my own fault because I didn't see it coming and was not capable of taking care of it on my own at the time anyway. 

Wish I had better news to share

Free games updated 3/4/21