Multi GPU support (SLI) and optimization

Ghunnar

Question

I found that I am not the only guy having issues with playing Deadfire on SLI configuration, as the game clearly uses only one gpu. Nvidia rleased drivers optimized for Deadfire, but the game is not running smooth, there are several cases when fps drop hard.

In terms of optimization there is an issue, that game struggles (100% gpu load on 1080ti) when more than static light sources are used, like characters carrying torches.

Any plans on improving performance?

7 answers to this question

Hello Ghunnar!

Thanks for the post! We do have this issue logged for nvidia graphic cards and are looking into the matter as one of our higher priorities, so yes we do plan to address the performance issue.

Best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

I can tell you as a former SLI user (2 x 970) that with my new 1080Ti, and the newest patch, things seem better but not yet by any means ideal.  I run in 1440p and the framerate in Neketaka still sometimes dips into the high 60s, mainly hovering around 75-80.

I still suspect that if the option to force the rendering to OpenGL were reinstated, things would be even smoother.

SLI will likely never be fully supported by this or any other Unity title.

Edited by Crispy81

SLI usage is just one side of the coin. There is also some serious mis-optimization related to lighting, as I reported earlier. Take a look at the pinned post about Nvidia being involved into works on solution to high-end cards struggles with deadfire. 

Edited by Ghunnar

Hey, I'd like to bump this a little bit, last and final(?) patch is almost here and there is no mention or sign of fixing, even though you (Cdiaz) stated it is of higher priority. During the time that already passed nothing changed.

Any news? Any small light in the tunnel?