I have the achievement from a previous playthrough, so how do I get the talent in a new playthrough?

Cheers

It is necessary to participate in the random event - crew rebellion (on ship). Again and again for for every start new game.

Edited by Khagmas

To summarize the talents that seem impossible to obtain as of 1.1:

• Captain's Favor [1]
  • Persistent
  • Adaptive
  • Gift of Hope [2]
  • Soul Power
  • Candlebearer
  • Bound Shade
  • Vielo Vidorio
  • Savage Cunning
  • Slave's Silence
  • Oppressor's Rage
  • Social Order
  • Compassion
  • Inner Glow

[1] Seems to be the opposite of Infamous Captain? If so, perhaps it should trigger when maximizing the crew's morale but something's preventing it. Do you think they should be mutually exclusive, if both were obtainable (i.e. once you obtain one, the others becomes locked)?

[2] It would make sense for this to be bestowed onto you when Eothas gives back a portion of your soul in Hasongo, if you had not sacrificed anybody to the blood pool and/or absorbed the souls in Heritage Hill. It would be a way to reward the "not an ***hole" route.

Items:

• Pearlescent Rhomboid Helstone
  • Spirit Maw [1]

[1] Apparently an ability that Engoliero do Espirs should/could have depending on how your encounter with Lucia Riva was resolved.

Let's see if we can get some official feedback on whether this content was intentionally cut, or it is missing because of faulty triggers :)

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Pearlescent Rhomboid Helstone is sold by Una, vendor in southern Serpent's Crown.

Captain's Favor is an enchantment available to Shining Bulwark, a large shield on a weapon stand at the top level of the Crookspur fort interior.

KSHNo7b.png

#contributing

BTW, the mutiny talent is hilarious, considering you get the achievement (and thereby also the talent) when the fight starts, not when it ends. So the mutineers are immediately terrified :D

Edited by omgFIREBALLS
  • Like 3

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

To summarize the talents that seem impossible to obtain as of 1.1:

• Captain's Favor [1]
  • Persistent
  • Adaptive
  • Gift of Hope [2]
  • Soul Power
  • Candlebearer
  • Bound Shade
  • Vielo Vidorio
  • Savage Cunning
  • Slave's Silence
  • Oppressor's Rage
  • Social Order
  • Compassion
  • Inner Glow

[1] Seems to be the opposite of Infamous Captain? If so, perhaps it should trigger when maximizing the crew's morale but something's preventing it. Do you think they should be mutually exclusive, if both were obtainable (i.e. once you obtain one, the others becomes locked)?

[2] It would make sense for this to be bestowed onto you when Eothas gives back a portion of your soul in Hasongo, if you had not sacrificed anybody to the blood pool and/or absorbed the souls in Heritage Hill. It would be a way to reward the "not an ***hole" route.

Items:

• Pearlescent Rhomboid Helstone
  • Spirit Maw [1]

[1] Apparently an ability that Engoliero do Espirs should/could have depending on how your encounter with Lucia Riva was resolved.

Let's see if we can get some official feedback on whether this content was intentionally cut, or it is missing because of faulty triggers :)

If the developers answered us, then everything would clear up at once.

About Eotas and conversations with him in Hasongo and Ashen Maw: In any of these events, in theory, the skill 'Gift of Hope' could be obtained.

Pearlescent Rhomboid Helstone its Pearlescent Helstone HelmPoe2_helm_pearlescent_helstone_icon.png?from the version of the game 1.0 (Post#38)

Spirit Maw: I do not know if this skill is available. I posted this picture here just because of the icon.

P.S: The list of such talents in 1.1 patch :

• Persistent
  • Adaptive
  • Gift of Hope (for this talent now we have answer - Post#79)
  • Soul Power
  • Bound Shade
  • Vielo Vidorio
  • Savage Cunning
  • Slave's Silence
  • Oppressor's Rage
  • Social Order
  • Compassion
  • Inner Glow

It is this list that needs to be clarified.

Edited by Khagmas
  • Like 3

Savage Cunning: This sounds like something you should receive when the druids near Sayuka give you Galawain's blessing. Currently that doesn't happen.

Love the doge icon for Spirit Maw :D

• Like 1

My Deadfire mods

As somebody who has edited my "ships" gamedatabundle file I can tell you that "Johnny" is called Giani Canc Assi in-game. Im not sure why his portrait is called Johnny in the files, but his portrait is used by Giani Canc Assi in the ships gamedatabundle file, you can hire him at Dunnage.

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Giani_Canc-Assi

He is a reference to Johnny Five-Aces (try to read 'Giani Canc Assi' out loud) from the unreleased game Zybourne Clock. Josh Sawyer also placed a reference to him in Fallout: New Vegas. Edited by Night Stalker
  • Like 4

While it's true that EA cut some of Bioware's DA:O content that was already done in order to put it in the game later on (in a new, extremely poor way) in a purchasable DLC after launch, and that these crappy publishers ways are now pretty common, i'm pretty sure the files you came across while digging in Pillars 2 are about something completely different.

Like people said, BG, but Fallout 1 and 2, too, had tons of cut contents in the game files (Killap mod is actually pretty great for Fallout 2). I guess there could be many, many different reasons for these cuts. But i really don't believe Obs is trying to swindle their customers with this. Maybe some of this will be finished at a further date and included in the game. Most are probably about early ideas that did not make the cut in the final game for many different reasons, and karkarov speculated some possible ones for this. Also. Pillars 1 at release and Pillars 1 v3.5 are complete different beasts. The game improved a lot over time post release. If you never played Pillars 1 at release, you would not understand that your statement about the relative quality of both games right now is biased.

I certainly would have hoped that Pillars 1's playthrough matters more when importing the save into Pillars 2. While i did not tried Pillars 2 yet and never finished Pillars 1, it seems the impact on the character you import is not this big. You already start over level 1 and lose your group, your stronghold, the unic perks that finally gave your MC some uniqueness, and your equipement. I would have hoped that some specific items, and even the unic perks would survive the import, at least. I did not play an ass in Pillars 1. I never planned to get ''Gift from the Machine'' nor did i ever planned to sacrifice anyone in the pit. I would like to not be punished for that.

So, Tigranes (i guess), there are actually, some things OP reported that i, personally, would really like to see in the game. The gift is one of them.

Overall, i tend to like this kind of thread, always interesting to see what was cut. And like someone said, it could become great modders material, in the future.

Edited by Abel
  • Like 2

Welp, the devs went through several pages of threads in the support forum yesterday but mine went unanswered. I guess we're not getting any help from them here :(

My Deadfire mods

Welp, the devs went through several pages of threads in the support forum yesterday but mine went unanswered. I guess we're not getting any help from them here :(

Perhaps they will never answer here. Having created this topic, we only hint to them that we know about this content. :yes:

P.S: Well, we are also looking for something that is difficult to find in the game. The topic was well changed, it is far from being the original state.

Edited by Khagmas

Why would you need "help"? Cut content is by definition not in the game, ergo it cannot have any problems associated with it.

The devs are busy trying to fix actual bugs, they haven't got time to waste explaining the reason behind every single design decision, even if they could remember them all.

• Like 1

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I would like it if we would stop calling it unavailable content. Quests are content. Locations are content. Dialogues are content. Watcher talents aren't content

These are datamined talents that the game dialogue suggests we should be receiving at certain points, for example Savage Cunning from the druids near Sayuka. I'm seeing two points that I feel should have a line between them. If the devs say indeed they should but they currently don't, that is a bug. If they say nope, you've datamined something we ultimately decided against giving you, that's the end of that.

I'm not asking them to defend any decisions. I'm just asking, are we supposed to be able to get these buffs, because it seems no one is getting them right now, and it makes some dialogue sound odd. It also makes the game feel weird for currently only rewarding evil acts with talents: Gift from the Machine for absorbing souls for power, Effigy's Resentment for sacrificing a companion for power, and Infamous Captain... if you've tried getting the achievement you should know how much abuse you have to give your crew before they mutiny.

• Like 5

My Deadfire mods

Why would you need "help"? Cut content is by definition not in the game, ergo it cannot have any problems associated with it.

The devs are busy trying to fix actual bugs, they haven't got time to waste explaining the reason behind every single design decision, even if they could remember them all.

The topic is now called unavailable content (not cutting content), because we do not know whether it was really cut-out?

Some abilities really lead to these thoughts: they do not have descriptions, icons or the quest with them is different from the original idea?

"Slave's Silence", "Savage Cunning", "Oppressor's Rage", "Compassion", "Social Order", "Inner Glow" and other talents from Post#3 - These abilities have sometime no description (some), so we can not talk about why they are not available.

Quests in which they must be a reward - this is only our guesswork.

And still there is a category of content that is complete and has logical reasons to be added (Talents: Gift of Hope and Soul-Power, crew-member Iztala) - i want to draw attention to this topic, at least because of these.

P.S: I also want to concentrate on finding rare items in the game that nobody could find (Such as The Poe2_arquebus_the-red-hand_icon.png?versThe Red Hand - Arquebus).

Is it possible that we can not get some things because of the bug?

This is scrutiny, i think.

Edited by Khagmas
  • Like 1

@Camonge—how did you get that bonus for Edér?

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

My Eder has candlebearer talent. Description:

"

Effects: Self. +5 Will.

Grants a will Bonus.

"

I liked it. He used to bear candles and stuff. Made him happy and confident.

Can you download the image of screen with this? And write about the conditions that you had with Eder in PoE1 ("Night Market" or "Dyrwood" ending?) and PoE2 (the main-quest stage and in quest 'The Lighted Path' progress), please.

Edited by Khagmas

"

Grants a will Bonus.

"

Can you download the image of screen with this? And write about the conditions that you had with Eder in PoE1 ("Night Market" or "Dyrwood" ending?) and PoE2 (the main-quest stage and in quest 'The Lighted Path' progress), please.

My elder also has the candlebearer talent.

I used a custom history,and I selected "I strengthened Eder's skepticism".In the quest  'The Lighted Path',I saved his lover's son

• Like 1

"

Grants a will Bonus.

"

Sure,

https://imgur.com/a/YW1vyX2

Mayor Edér  (imported), main quest before Magran's Teeth, The Lighted Path completed without dyrwoodian casualties.

Checked some saves, I got the talent after completing The Lighted Path.

• Like 3

I don't have any problem with developers cutting what they think shouldn't be in the final game, but it is cool to see the cut content, so I appreciate you guys sharing. :)

It would also be cool if a couple of them are actually available and just bugged, as mentioned previously.

• Like 1

Sure,

https://imgur.com/a/YW1vyX2

Mayor Edér  (imported), main quest before Magran's Teeth, The Lighted Path completed without dyrwoodian casualties.

Checked some saves, I got the talent after completing The Lighted Path.

Well, I think we can find something else.

My elder also has the candlebearer talent.

I used a custom history,and I selected "I strengthened Eder's skepticism".In the quest  'The Lighted Path',I saved his lover's son

Many thanks, information is fixed. (Post#3)

Edited by Khagmas

Hey all,

I wanna go over this with a fine tooth comb but honestly I just cant with the time I got. Any big hitters you guys want me to ask the devs if its in game or on a loot list?

• Like 4

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...