Realities of life. Design, content and programming is done by different people and at different times. There isn't an overarching mind that coordinates everything like in a RTS. Also people change their minds all the time. Maybe there are even fights about what should be included and what can be skipped or delayed. At some point the release date comes.

Recently, the quality of many games leaves much to be desired, they are released in a state of "as is", although developers get good money on sales - they have their hands untied and the only thing that explains the quality of the product is the conscience of each of those who made the game.

Things like 'Kickstarter' and pre-orders for the sake of some nonsense in the bundle will earn them money in advance. But in fact - the quality of the product should deal with this (earn money). We pay for unrestrained promises deceived by the advertising company.

And I'm not talking specifically about 'Obsidian' now, they are not so bad with this ... although not good enough. The Deadfire clearly does not reach the level of the first POE, although POE2 brought them more profit.

Have you already paid attention to these weekly DLCs? I think this is part of the advertising company (Like in Witcher 3), but a normal player should negatively treat such content. In fact, he should immediately be in the game, but in fact he was cut out with the goal of adding it later with portions of news for the sake of 'HYPE'.

Excellent Business. :no:

P.S: The truth is a bitter thing. People with great pleasure absorb the flattering information, But is it useful in the long run? There is something to think about. If you look at all my comments on this forum - you will have an opinion that I hate 'Obsidian'. It's not, I'm just used to paying attention to imperfection. As a rule, I'm not talking about good things, and why talk?

They are good enough to enjoy them, and not talk about them.

Edited by Khagmas

This is a big discussion you are undertaking here :) And one that have been discussed many times earlier. But good luck. I will remark however that PoE 1 reached its current state in two years and also - it is not clear whether Deadfire will bring as much profits. Those  games are hard to make and hard to sell. All I hope is that we will get PoE 3 nevertheless.

• Like 1

Wrong. Sometimes, you create some of the assets - you might create a custom feat, a weapon, and actually put it in the code - before deciding that you are cutting that quest or NPC because it is not high priority. You wouldn't necessary then delete every trace of the work you had done so far.

Other times, you might design one feat for Aloth, and put it in, then decide it is not good - so you cut it, and replace it with a different feat.

When you write a book, for example, you might write 20, 30, 50 pages, and then only include 2 of it in the final book. Am I 'lazy' if I don't give you every single version? Would it actually be better for the reader? No.

Hey, dear Tigranes, The Obsidian VIP.

I'm just a player who...

i-see-what-you-did-there-via-9gag-com-16

• Like 1

The company received a lot of money on Kickstarter to create the game, and it continues to make a profit from every sale.

And this attitude with 'cutting content' to the fans be is bad.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure the backer money (btw FIg, not Kickstarter) didn't even get close to covering the costs. How much was it? 4m, 5m? That's long gone.

Edited by Zoso der Goldene

the_ultimate.png

Done with Moon Godlike Wizard

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure the backer money (btw FIg, not Kickstarter) didn't even get close to covering the costs. How much was it? 4m, 5m? That's long gone.

I regret that my words evoke resentment. :ermm:

If someone is upset by my words, I'll forgive forgiveness. But my opinion on this issue will not change.

This topic has a different purpose, this is clearly not a discussion about my attitude to the issue of excluded content.

Edited by Khagmas

Can the OP genuinely not understand the concept of cutting content from a game?

You can't be helped then mate sorry.

Who knows...

I'm not asking for help.

P.S: It's just only notified those who do not know about the existence of this content.

And I do not see this as my own fault.

Edited by Khagmas

I regret that my words evoke resentment. :ermm:

If someone is upset by my words, I'll forgive forgiveness. But my opinion on this issue will not change.

This topic has a different purpose, this is clearly not a discussion about my attitude to the issue of excluded content.

No worries, just pointing this out. And it doesn't really affect your argument regarding cut content.

Small to medium studios are far more fragile than one might think, if I remember correctly, PoE as a Kickstarter campaign was a last straw attempt by Obsidian, bc something else fell through on the Publisher side and they had to lay off staff - or were even close to closing shop entirely, not sure.

• Like 1

the_ultimate.png

Done with Moon Godlike Wizard

About crew-members: in the game technically there are two unique characters could be hired to a ship. (Available only through the console)

In fact, on this time (1.0 and 1.1) they can not be hired (need confirmation or refutation). Most likely for them a special event for recruiting or something else was meant.

post-172815-0-29715300-1528815415.png Iztala - (?) Unknown at the time of patch 1.1

P.S: post-172815-0-92181900-1528815423.png Johnny (or Giani Canc Assi) available in Dunnage, many thanks for Gary1986 and Midnight Voyager for this Information.

Edited by Khagmas

P.S: It's just only notified those who do not know about the existence of this content.

Everyone who takes an interest in game development knows content gets cut.

People might be curious about cut content, but your original post doesn't really reveal enough to be all that interesting. If you ever watch cut scenes from movies, sometimes it's a shame something was lost, and sometimes it's a case of thank Ondra that didn't make it in. And sometimes there are things that should have been cut, that make it in to the finished product...

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I feel attacked by The Obsidian Order. :shifty:

Really no one wants to know why these skills were not included in the game?

In all honesty, I don't really care.  If Obsidian cut something from the game it was because it was unfinished, or determined not to be working well/too buggy, or got reworked into a different idea, or they just decided it wasn't a good asset in the end and added nothing positive.

Those are literally the only reasons they would have cut something.

The movie world is actually far more egregious about this.  There are major multi million/huge budget hollywood movies every year that feature scenes in the trailers... only to release with those scenes completely absent.  You had to mine game data for this stuff, their "cut content" was getting aired on national tv.

• Like 3

Could some of this possibly be DLC content?

Unlikely, but possible. As you can see, a large part of community is not at all interested in this. And alone I hardly can attract the attention of developers to this topic.

Honestly, I wanted to survey in game something else. But now I'm overwhelmed by disinterest of almost all, and I have no desire to continue.

P.S: Now (Patch 1.1) this talent available, for the achievement with same name. I confirm this information.

X1X3kqQ.png

It is necessary to participate in the random event - crew rebellion (on ship).

Edited by Khagmas
  • Like 2

About crew-members: in the game technically there are two unique characters could be hired to a ship. (Available only through the console)

In fact, on this time (1.0 and 1.1) they can not be hired (need confirmation or refutation). Most likely for them a special event for recruiting or something else was meant.

portrait_dicsiple_iztala_sm.png Iztala

portrait_johnny_sm.png Johnny

As somebody who has edited my "ships" gamedatabundle file I can tell you that "Johnny" is called Giani Canc Assi in-game. Im not sure why his portrait is called Johnny in the files, but his portrait is used by Giani Canc Assi in the ships gamedatabundle file, you can hire him at Dunnage.

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Giani_Canc-Assi

Oh and as for Iztala she has a fully functioning entry in the ships gamedatabundle file like all other crew. I have no idea where you get her though.

Edited by Gary1986
  • Like 1

As somebody who has edited my "ships" gamedatabundle file I can tell you that "Johnny" is called Giani Canc Assi in-game. Im not sure why his portrait is called Johnny in the files, but his portrait is used by Giani Canc Assi in the ships gamedatabundle file, you can hire him at Dunnage.

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Giani_Canc-Assi

Oh and as for Iztala she has a fully functioning entry in the ships gamedatabundle file like all other crew. I have no idea where you get her though.

Thanks for information. I will try find him.

Edited by Khagmas

Check the "supplies" tab at port. I could swear I've seen guys there and not in an inn interface or similar. (but I may be imagining it) And I could swear I'd hired Giani that way.

JUV3RLl.png

Yeah, he available in Dunnage, many thanks.

Edited by Khagmas
  • Like 1

Sorry for not noticing this thread. I appreciate your efforts, Khagmas. As primarily a powergamer, I would love to know how to get these buffs, as currently the only way to get any passive Watcher talents is to be an **** in PoE1. BTW, could you upload new screenshots? Perhaps to a different host like imgur?

I think your guesses are good and it could be a low priority issue that this isn't working or the devs are holding these buffs back because the game is too easy as it stands. As such, it's a shame about the whole "cut content" animosity here as I don't think any quests are missing, just some reward delivery mechanisms.

• Like 1

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Sorry for not noticing this thread. I appreciate your efforts, Khagmas. As primarily a powergamer, I would love to know how to get these buffs, as currently the only way to get any passive Watcher talents is to be an **** in PoE1. BTW, could you upload new screenshots? Perhaps to a different host like imgur?

I think your guesses are good and it could be a low priority issue that this isn't working or the devs are holding these buffs back because the game is too easy as it stands. As such, it's a shame about the whole "cut content" animosity here as I don't think any quests are missing, just some reward delivery mechanisms.

On imgur now.

Edited by Khagmas
  • Like 2

Could some of this possibly be DLC content?

Unlikely, but possible. As you can see, a large part of community is not at all interested in this. And alone I hardly can attract the attention of developers to this topic.

Honestly, I wanted to survey in game something else. But now I'm overwhelmed by disinterest of almost all, and I have no desire to continue.

P.S: Now (Patch 1.1) this talent available, for the achievement with same name. I confirm this information.

X1X3kqQ.png

I have the achievement from a previous playthrough, so how do I get the talent in a new playthrough?

Cheers

• Like 1