Unavailable Content (Cutting Content): If you have evidence that anything of this can be obtained in the game by reward from quests - please immediately correct me. (This content need confirmation or refutation; See more)

For another content see this topic. (Author ivenend)

Poe2_arquebus_the-red-hand_icon.png?versThe Red Hand - Arquebus: can only be obtained through the console. [bug?]

Captain's Favor Diplomacy Skill - Enchant in patch 1.1 from Shining Bulwark unique shield: Available - Post#54

6iDJGxo.png

Edited by Khagmas
  • Like 1

This is cutting skill (?) from Engoliero do Espirs (Enchant: Summons the shade of Lucia Rivan), dont have icon.
Most likely the quest was redone.

PWhDz9n.png

Gift of Hope (for this talent now we have answer - Post#79) and Soul-Power (?) talents:

Most likely Gift of Hope (talent from Eothas) was intended for good players who, in the first game, abandoned the skills of Gift from the Machine on Undying Heritage and dont use Blood Pool in Dyrford Ruins.
And Soul-Power (talent from Woedica) - it was intended for those players who in the first game chose the appropriate ending.

9udmkii.png

Edited by Khagmas
  • Like 1

Unknown Talents:

I guess that "Slave's Silence" and "Savage Cunning" were involved in the quest with the Kua Master from Crookspur, according to the idea, the player could get one of the skills by the side of the Master Kua or Ruāsare - Leader of Wahaki on Ori o Koīki. Maybe and "Oppressor's Rage" was intended for some other way of this plot branch.

UPD: "Savage Cunning" available in quest Overgrowth.

Yi50xHJ.png

Another 3 talents ("Compassion", "Social Order" and "Inner Glow") could be mutually exclusive reward (1 of 3) in The Gullet, quest (Food for Thought) from Roparu Enoi.

mVavG1P.png

And Last: I think that companions talents;

1. Unknown talents (?), it remains only to guess.

aXIBAAU.png

2. This is Pallegina's ability had in the first game, but now it is not available.

q621HN7.png

3. This unique Eder talent. Available as reward on "The Lighted Path"; (Confirmed: posts #70 and #71, many thanks Camonge
and monoiris); (Image)

hWW3kJd.png

P.S: Hey, Watchers. What you think about this?

Developers?

Edited by Khagmas
  • Like 2

I mean, yeah? Content gets cut. It's a thing that happens. Game development often consists of coming up with a large number of ideas, and then figuring out that some of them can't be salvaged or aren't worth the time it would take to salvage them. What about it?

• Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Aloth is supposed to have a passive ability if Iselmyr is suppressed in PoE. Is that still case?

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I mean, yeah? Content gets cut. It's a thing that happens. Game development often consists of coming up with a large number of ideas, and then figuring out that some of them can't be salvaged or aren't worth the time it would take to salvage them. What about it?

I think that since these little things are already in the game - developers simply forgot to add this where this should be (otherwise this talents would not have been created)

I hope that in the future all this will be in the game.

Well, if Obsidian will not be lazy.

The company received a lot of money on Kickstarter to create the game, and it continues to make a profit from every sale.

And this attitude with 'cutting content' to the fans be is bad.

Aloth is supposed to have a passive ability if Iselmyr is suppressed in PoE. Is that that case?

P.S: AndreaColombo, only developers know how everything was conceived.

Edited by Khagmas

Aloth is supposed to have a passive ability if Iselmyr is suppressed in PoE. Is that that case?

Well, if anyone played with an Iselmyrless Aloth, they could confirm or deny.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I think that since these little things are already in the game - developers simply forgot to add this where this should be (otherwise this talents would not have been created)

The company received a lot of money on Kickstarter to create the game, and it continues to make a profit from every sale.

Wrong. Sometimes, you create some of the assets - you might create a custom feat, a weapon, and actually put it in the code - before deciding that you are cutting that quest or NPC because it is not high priority. You wouldn't necessary then delete every trace of the work you had done so far.

Other times, you might design one feat for Aloth, and put it in, then decide it is not good - so you cut it, and replace it with a different feat.

When you write a book, for example, you might write 20, 30, 50 pages, and then only include 2 of it in the final book. Am I 'lazy' if I don't give you every single version? Would it actually be better for the reader? No.

Edited by Tigranes
  • Like 14

How is it cutting content, if it was never in the game in the first place?  This just seems to be a bunch of random things, across PoE1 and 2, with a giant sized font, and bad logic (and grammar).

• Like 4

Wrong. Sometimes, you create some of the assets - you might create a custom feat, a weapon, and actually put it in the code - before deciding that you are cutting that quest or NPC because it is not high priority. You wouldn't necessary then delete every trace of the work you had done so far.

Other times, you might design one feat for Aloth, and put it in, then decide it is not good - so you cut it, and replace it with a different feat.

When you write a book, for example, you might write 20, 30, 50 pages, and then only include 2 of it in the final book. Am I 'lazy' if I don't give you every single version? Would it actually be better for the reader? No.

Hey, dear Tigranes, The Obsidian VIP.

I'm just a player who is indignant at the cut-out content. And I do not see in the absence some of these skills some special meaning for balance or something another.

I like the first game (POE1+WM), but the second game seems unfinished, unbalanced. And I'm very curious how it happened?

How is it cutting content, if it was never in the game in the first place?  This just seems to be a bunch of random things, across PoE1 and 2, with a giant sized font, and bad logic (and grammar).

All this talents have in game. Only with console you can add this. Maybe it's bad logic, but it's logic nevertheless:facepalm:

And so sorry for grammar - it's not necessarily good to know wonderful English, if in everyday life you need other languages.

Edited by Khagmas

Nah. All it means is that the assets in question were created during a pre-release build, and that when they were removed from the final game for whatever reason, removing them entirely from the game's files was more trouble than it was worth. This isn't unusual: BG1 and BG2 have hundreds of unused assets left over in their files (and having played with a lot of those assets by way of Unfinished Business, I feel confident in saying that most of them are bad and that they were cut for a good reason). Just because you can find something in the files with some digging does not mean you're being robbed.

Edited by gkathellar
  • Like 8

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Do you suppose developers add "cut content" easter eggs just to befuddle the inquiring mind?

I believe that sometimes a developer adds something just to have fun.

DEQgqzg.png

Edited by Khagmas

Hey, dear Tigranes, The Obsidian VIP.

I'm just a player who is indignant at the cut-out content. And I do not see in the absence some of these skills some special meaning for balance or something another.

I like the first game (POE1+WM), but the second game seems unfinished, unbalanced. And I'm very curious how it happened?

All this talents have in game. Only with console you can add this. Maybe it's bad logic, but it's logic nevertheless:facepalm:

And so sorry for grammar - it's not necessarily good to know wonderful English, if in everyday life you need other languages.

Don't worry about VIP, it just means I've been around a long time. I'm not anybody special.

Generally, I agree with you - I hate it when companies deliberately cut content and then sell it as DLCs, and other crappy things like that.

In this case, though, I don't see anything strange. You asked, why would they code in abilities if they don't end up in the game? And my answer is, that is a normal part of how you create content. A filmmaker doesn't decide exactly what to film, they will often film 8 hours and then turn it into 2 hours, and for good reason. Including every single idea in the game does not make the game better. I don't really see how players are really harmed by not including these abilities. None of them seem to be anything special, none of them actually have any cool gameplay mechanics that make me think "boy, I wish they put it in".

If you look at Baldur's Gate, for example, the game files contain hundreds of custom abilities and spells; some of them are used by monsters, but many of them are never actually found in the game. This is far before the days of DLC. This isn't really "cut content" - it's simply part of the backstage. Every book, film, game, song you ever see will always have this kind of remainder behind the scenes.

It is fun to learn that you were supposed to be able to summon 'Rivan's soul', though. Maybe there was some kind of alternative resolution to that questline planned?

• Like 5

The dogface was just a placeholder for everything they had no proper icon for yet.

Josh mentioned that in a stream.

Complaining about cut content in a game is as fruitless and nonsensical as complaining about cut content in a movie. Usually things don't get cut just because the director thought "Let's take some of that good stuff away from the customers because we are so evil and resentful and they don't deserve it anyway".

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 12

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Don't worry about VIP, it just means I've been around a long time. I'm not anybody special.

Generally, I agree with you - I hate it when companies deliberately cut content and then sell it as DLCs, and other crappy things like that.

In this case, though, I don't see anything strange. You asked, why would they code in abilities if they don't end up in the game? And my answer is, that is a normal part of how you create content. A filmmaker doesn't decide exactly what to film, they will often film 8 hours and then turn it into 2 hours, and for good reason. Including every single idea in the game does not make the game better. I don't really see how players are really harmed by not including these abilities. None of them seem to be anything special, none of them actually have any cool gameplay mechanics that make me think "boy, I wish they put it in".

If you look at Baldur's Gate, for example, the game files contain hundreds of custom abilities and spells; some of them are used by monsters, but many of them are never actually found in the game. This is far before the days of DLC. This isn't really "cut content" - it's simply part of the backstage. Every book, film, game, song you ever see will always have this kind of remainder behind the scenes.

It is fun to learn that you were supposed to be able to summon 'Rivan's soul', though. Maybe there was some kind of alternative resolution to that questline planned?

I feel attacked by The Obsidian Order. :shifty:

Really no one wants to know why these skills were not included in the game?

The dogface was just a placeholder for everything they had no proper icon for yet.

Josh mentioned that in a stream.

Complaining about cut content in a game is as fruitless and nonsensical as complaining about cut content in a movie. Usually things don't get cut just because the director thought "Let's take some of that good stuff away from the customers because we are so evil and resentful and they don't deserve it anyway".

I believe that the developers decided to create a serious sequel (Deadfire) with some sweet awards (talents) in quests, as in PoE1, but eventually something went wrong and it was all simply deleted. That's why I'm indignant.

Edited by Khagmas

Why is it that every time someone finds content that was cut it's removal is always interpreted as malicious or as a result of laziness? Lots of things have things cut out of them for time or pacing. Books. Television episodes and movies. And yes even movies. I mean good Lord people. Who among us wants to watch a four hour film all the time? Or read a book with a ton of superfluous stuff? Games that take dozens of hours to complete are obviously going to have stuff removed.

People make it sound like Obsidian is cackling down in their basement with a coven of witches about all this cut content. I mean goodness gracious.

Edited by Big-Ben
  • Like 15

Yes! We have no bananas.

I don't believe deleting all trace of cut ideas would be a good idea either. As was pointed out some of these can be activated using console commands and could also be good material for a modder.

BG had lots of cut stuff. Hence the "Unfinished business" mod.

---

We're all doomed

Why is it that every time someone finds content that was cut it's removal is always interpreted as malicious or as a result of laziness? Lots of things have things cut out of them for time or pacing. Books. Television episodes and movies. And yes even movies. I mean good Lord people. Who among us wants to watch a four hour film all the time? Or read a book with a ton of superfluous stuff? Games that take dozens of hours to complete are obviously going to have stuff removed.

People make it sound like Obsidian is cackling down in their basement with a coven of witches about all this cut content. I mean goodness gracious.

If someone is upset by my words, I'll forgive forgiveness. But my opinion on this issue will not change.

This topic has a different purpose, this is clearly not a discussion about my attitude to the issue of excluded content.

OP, are you curious, or are you indignant? You are sending somewhat mixed signals. If you are curious it is a bit early to be indignant. If you are indignant then you probably already know everything you wanted to know.

• Like 1

OP, are you curious, or are you indignant? You are sending somewhat mixed signals. If you are curious it is a bit early to be indignant. If you are indignant then you probably already know everything you wanted to know.

The only thing in I'm sure of now is that it is not possible to obtain these skills in a legal way. I'm glad that they have not been removed completely. But I'm not happy that they were not properly introduced into the game (rewards for quest or something)

Yes, I think my feelings are really contradictory. :huh:

The only thing in I'm sure of now is that it is not possible to obtain these skills in a legal way. I'm glad that they have not been removed completely. But I'm not happy that they were not properly introduced into the game (rewards for quest or something)

Yes, I think my feelings are really contradictory. :huh:

Realities of life. Design, content and programming is done by different people and at different times. There isn't an overarching mind that coordinates everything like in a RTS. Also people change their minds all the time. Maybe there are even fights about what should be included and what can be skipped or delayed. Then the release date comes.

Edited by wih