most powerful enemy in the game...

Well, I always had my main character take down anything that was higher level than she was.

which means she killed every boss enemy and powerful mob in the game.

and you know what the most powerful enemy in the game is, according to the records?

Nemnok.

LOL

yeah, that's right, Nemnok is more powerful than the Engwithan guardian, according to the game.

pretty sure that's the devs screwing with players deliberately.

"His power level is OVER 9000!"

• Like 2

Well... even through Nemnok was easy... Guardian and Lava Dragon were even easier than that ^^

I think Giant Cave Grub was the longest fight for me. I've stumbled upon her on level 8, and it took almost 2 minutes.

• Like 2

Well... even through Nemnok was easy... Guardian and Lava Dragon were even easier than that ^^

I think Giant Cave Grub was the longest fight for me. I've stumbled upon her on level 8, and it took almost 2 minutes.

my favorite fight was not the cave grub, but it was nearby that.  it's the fight with the waves of undead that spawn after you empty the pockets of the dead npc you find by the lake down there.  hey, there was even a warning note on the body.  but yeah, that fight took everything I had at the time to make it through relatively unscathed.  Gallawain ruined the magma dragon fight for me :(

• Like 5

It's kind of hard to pick one because they are all depending on when you fight them unless they are all scaled to max level and you are max level. Only then can you say for sure which one is the most powerful. POE tends to pick "highest level" as most powerful, which doesn't mean anything. According to POE I the Laguefath Broodmother is more powerful than all the dragons in the game.

I think Fampyrs are annoying because they have strong magics and domination and tons of health. As far as bosses go they were all relatively easy. I think Nemnok had the most HP, but I'm not sure.

• Like 2

I don't think "hardest enemy" is a fair question because there's no single enemies which are really very hard, at this point anyway.

For me, the hardest encounter by far was the Fampyr Cave where you get the Giftbearer cloak (forget the name)

I wouldn't say it's objectively the hardest, but for me, over multiple playthroughs, it's the one I struggled with the most

Edited by fortuntek

Subjectively I would say the hardest fight was in Splintered Reef. Took me a couple tries to get it, had to go back to the ship and trade Serafen out for Aloth.

I became Nemnok's minion, so not sure about that one.

Yes.  That remains the only fight I've actually used Empowering on.  For everything else, I can't be bothered.

I don't know why it would be surprising that an Imp is tha Mighty Goku  :lol: I play this MMO and the strongest Boss in the game is tha freaking Elevator ! you rush and jump..and if you freaking miss , your best geared character max level..will still die . 

Beware of elevators  :shifty:

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I play this MMO and the strongest Boss in the game is tha freaking Elevator ! you rush and jump..and if you freaking miss , your best geared character max level..will still die . 

Lemme guess -- SWTOR?  :shifty:

yup  :lol:

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I play this MMO and the strongest Boss in the game is tha freaking Elevator ! you rush and jump..and if you freaking miss , your best geared character max level..will still die . 

There was a similar thing in WoW  :lol: 

The Elevator is is a four-phase fight located in Blackwing Descent. Raids must pass through The Elevator to continue through the rest of the instance, and is considered a gear check encounter. It must be fought every time the raid wishes to pass into the rest of the zone. This encounter does not vary from 10-man to 25-man modes, but groups will have to be positioned accordingly.

Phase 1: Up

Phase 1 begins with The Elevator moving in a rapid pace from the ground floor to the top of the ledge. Position your raid near the edge, preferably spread out into two groups to minimize confusion. It only takes a few seconds for the elevator to rise, so have your raid leader call out all movement. It is imperative that you not try to interact with the elevator in this phase at all. Move your Rogues, Priests, and Mages near the front of the group, and keep all other classes to the back. Paladins with good timing may be moved to the front group, but it is ill-advised.

Phase 2: Idle

Phase 2 begins when The Elevator reaches the top of the ledge. Here it will remain for 3 seconds. The forward group must move onto the platform and halt all movement! Do not try to keep moving forward, and do not backpedal backwards.

The Phase 2-3 transition can be one of the tougher challenges of this encounter. Do not move your character at all during this transition.

Phase 3: Down

Phase 3 begins after the 3 second window from Phase 2 ends. By this time, if all forward group members aren't full on The Elevator, the fight is a wipe. If done successfully though, you will begin to descend. Many raiders begin to panic at this time, blowing their cooldowns and adjusting their footing. Refrain from such actions; simply hold your position while The Elevator takes your character in a downwards fashion.

Phase 4: Idle

Phase 4 is arguably the most-challenging phase of the encounter. The Elevator will reach the ground and suddenly halt. Be prepared for this sudden change in downward movement, and run forward off The Elevator and onto solid ground. Backpedaling and strafing are disastrous here, as Phase 4 and Phase 2 share the same cooldown. If the forward group successfully leaves The Elevator, the boss will reset back to Phase 1, allowing for the second group to repeat the same process.

Loot

The Elevator is an unusual encounter in that it drops no loot.

It's kind of hard to pick one because they are all depending on when you fight them unless they are all scaled to max level and you are max level.

Yeap.

Like in PoE1: Adra Dragon is harder to fight with a level 11 party than Llengrath at level 16. Although if both encounters done at max level, Adra Dragon is definitely easier.

If I had to fight all encounters at max level on PotD/upscaled, here's how I would rate their difficulty:

- 8/10 [PoE1.v3.0+] Brynlod Bounty

- 7/10 [PoE1.v3.0+] Llengrath

- 6.5/10 [PoE1.v3.0+] Magran's Faithful

- 6.5/10 [PoE1.v3.0+] Alpine Dragon

- 6/10 [PoE1.v3.0+] Radiant Spore

- 5/10 [PoE1.v3.0+] Concelhaut

- 5/10 [PoE1.v3.0+] Adra Dragon

- 3/10 [PoE2.v1.0.2] Concelhaut

- 2.5/10 [PoE2.v1.0.2] Nemnok

- 2/10 [PoE2.v1.0.2] Lava Dragon

- 2/10 [PoE2.v1.0.2] Menzzago

- 2/10 [PoE2.v1.0.2] Ukaizo Guardian

- 1/10 [PoE2.v1.0.2] Giant Cave Grub

- 1/10 [PoE2.v1.0.2] Engwithan Titan

And if I had to order them by the perceived difficulty when I actually stumbled upon them:

- 8.5/10 [PoE1.v3.0+] Alpine Dragon @ lvl 13

- 8/10 [PoE1.v3.0+] Brynlod Bounty @ lvl 16

- 8/10 [PoE1.v3.0+] Magran's Faithful @ lvl 13

- 8/10 [PoE1.v3.0+] Adra Dragon @ lvl 11

- 7/10 [PoE2.beta4] Engwithan Titan @ lvl 9

- 7/10 [PoE1.v3.0+] Radiant Spore @ lvl 14

- 7/10 [PoE1.v3.0+] Llengrath @ lvl 16

- 7/10 [PoE1.v3.0+] Concelhaut @ lvl 14

- 7/10 [PoE2.v1.0.2] Giant Cave Grub @ lvl 8

- 6/10 [PoE2.v1.0.2] Concelhaut @ lvl 12

- 4/10 [PoE2.v1.0.2] Nemnok @ lvl 14

- 3/10 [PoE2.v1.0.2] Lava Dragon @ lvl 18

- 3/10 [PoE2.v1.0.2] Menzzago @ lvl 15

- 2/10 [PoE2.v1.0.2] Engwithan Titan @ lvl 9

- 2/10 [PoE2.v1.0.2] Ukaizo Guardian @ lvl 20

P.S. I haven't encountered Kraken nor Sea Dragon in my first playthrough.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 2

Kraken is what you get if you tell Gallawain to piss off during the quest to stop the mad coral growth at Sayuk.

pretty sure the sea dragon is the shadow under neketaka?  how did you miss that? thought it was a required quest.

you don't have to fight it, but you can.

those fampyr gaze attacks can be annoying but there is an easy way around them:

solo with a character immune to mind attacks (many ways to achieve this), and keep the rest of your guys in stealth.

or...

attack with a character that can do a lot of damage in the first round and keep the rest of your team stealthed, then once they are charmed, uncharm them via liberation or other method.  liberation will protect from charm for the rest of the fight, and then you can finish the fight with the rest of your crew.

worked for me every time.

I typically opened with either aloth or fishboy casting a powerful aoe, then once they get charmed, liberating him with my paladin, and finishing off the rest with more aoe.

Edited by Ichthyic
  • Like 1

There was a similar thing in WoW  :lol: 

The Elevator is is a four-phase fight located in Blackwing Descent. Raids must pass through The Elevator to continue through the rest of the instance, and is considered a gear check encounter. It must be fought every time the raid wishes to pass into the rest of the zone. This encounter does not vary from 10-man to 25-man modes, but groups will have to be positioned accordingly.

Phase 1: Up

Phase 1 begins with The Elevator moving in a rapid pace from the ground floor to the top of the ledge. Position your raid near the edge, preferably spread out into two groups to minimize confusion. It only takes a few seconds for the elevator to rise, so have your raid leader call out all movement. It is imperative that you not try to interact with the elevator in this phase at all. Move your Rogues, Priests, and Mages near the front of the group, and keep all other classes to the back. Paladins with good timing may be moved to the front group, but it is ill-advised.

Phase 2: Idle

Phase 2 begins when The Elevator reaches the top of the ledge. Here it will remain for 3 seconds. The forward group must move onto the platform and halt all movement! Do not try to keep moving forward, and do not backpedal backwards.

The Phase 2-3 transition can be one of the tougher challenges of this encounter. Do not move your character at all during this transition.

Phase 3: Down

Phase 3 begins after the 3 second window from Phase 2 ends. By this time, if all forward group members aren't full on The Elevator, the fight is a wipe. If done successfully though, you will begin to descend. Many raiders begin to panic at this time, blowing their cooldowns and adjusting their footing. Refrain from such actions; simply hold your position while The Elevator takes your character in a downwards fashion.

Phase 4: Idle

Phase 4 is arguably the most-challenging phase of the encounter. The Elevator will reach the ground and suddenly halt. Be prepared for this sudden change in downward movement, and run forward off The Elevator and onto solid ground. Backpedaling and strafing are disastrous here, as Phase 4 and Phase 2 share the same cooldown. If the forward group successfully leaves The Elevator, the boss will reset back to Phase 1, allowing for the second group to repeat the same process.

Loot

The Elevator is an unusual encounter in that it drops no loot.

It's kind of hard to pick one because they are all depending on when you fight them unless they are all scaled to max level and you are max level.

Yeap.

Like in PoE1: Adra Dragon is harder to fight with a level 11 party than Llengrath at level 16. Although if both encounters done at max level, Adra Dragon is definitely easier.

If I had to fight all encounters at max level on PotD/upscaled, here's how I would rate their difficulty:

- 8/10 [PoE1.v3.0+] Brynlod Bounty

- 7/10 [PoE1.v3.0+] Llengrath

- 6.5/10 [PoE1.v3.0+] Magran's Faithful

- 6.5/10 [PoE1.v3.0+] Alpine Dragon

- 6/10 [PoE1.v3.0+] Radiant Spore

- 5/10 [PoE1.v3.0+] Concelhaut

- 5/10 [PoE1.v3.0+] Adra Dragon

- 3/10 [PoE2.v1.0.2] Concelhaut

- 2.5/10 [PoE2.v1.0.2] Nemnok

- 2/10 [PoE2.v1.0.2] Lava Dragon

- 2/10 [PoE2.v1.0.2] Menzzago

- 2/10 [PoE2.v1.0.2] Ukaizo Guardian

- 1/10 [PoE2.v1.0.2] Giant Cave Grub

- 1/10 [PoE2.v1.0.2] Engwithan Titan

And if I had to order them by the perceived difficulty when I actually stumbled upon them:

- 8.5/10 [PoE1.v3.0+] Alpine Dragon @ lvl 13

- 8/10 [PoE1.v3.0+] Brynlod Bounty @ lvl 16

- 8/10 [PoE1.v3.0+] Magran's Faithful @ lvl 13

- 8/10 [PoE1.v3.0+] Adra Dragon @ lvl 11

- 7/10 [PoE2.beta4] Engwithan Titan @ lvl 9

- 7/10 [PoE1.v3.0+] Radiant Spore @ lvl 14

- 7/10 [PoE1.v3.0+] Llengrath @ lvl 16

- 7/10 [PoE1.v3.0+] Concelhaut @ lvl 14

- 7/10 [PoE2.v1.0.2] Giant Cave Grub @ lvl 8

- 6/10 [PoE2.v1.0.2] Concelhaut @ lvl 12

- 4/10 [PoE2.v1.0.2] Nemnok @ lvl 14

- 3/10 [PoE2.v1.0.2] Lava Dragon @ lvl 18

- 3/10 [PoE2.v1.0.2] Menzzago @ lvl 15

- 2/10 [PoE2.v1.0.2] Engwithan Titan @ lvl 9

- 2/10 [PoE2.v1.0.2] Ukaizo Guardian @ lvl 20

P.S. I haven't encountered Kraken nor Sea Dragon in my first playthrough.

the adra dragon, without spamming adragan's gaze scrolls on it, was indeed a tough fight.  I think I had to try that 4 or 5 times before I got though without more than half my crew dead.

Kraken is what you get if you tell Gallawain to piss off during the quest to stop the mad coral growth at Sayuk.

Good to know)

I was in those underwater caverns. Deactivated 3 machines, flooded the caverns and the quest has "succesfully" resolved as "couldn't stop the coral growth".

Was curious how it gonna play out and decided to live out the consequences)

I'll do an "optimal" playthrough later anyway)

pretty sure the sea dragon is the shadow under neketaka?  how did you miss that? thought it was a required quest.

I decided to make my first run without Tekehu. I never entered Watershaper's Guild. Also I haven't entered Arkemyrs Manor. Left them for the second run.

those fampyr gaze attacks can be annoying but there is an easy way around them

My MC happened to be under effects of Captain's Banquet. Pretty much all fampyr fights were:

MC+Eder+Pallegina+Xoti vs ragging fampyrs + Maia :)

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

you don't have to fight it, but you can.

those fampyr gaze attacks can be annoying but there is an easy way around them:

solo with a character immune to mind attacks (many ways to achieve this), and keep the rest of your guys in stealth.

or...

attack with a character that can do a lot of damage in the first round and keep the rest of your team stealthed, then once they are charmed, uncharm them via liberation or other method.  liberation will protect from charm for the rest of the fight, and then you can finish the fight with the rest of your crew.

worked for me every time.

I typically opened with either aloth or fishboy casting a powerful aoe, then once they get charmed, liberating him with my paladin, and finishing off the rest with more aoe.

unless you have high level mages or priests, or both, fampyrs are a pain (imho as always).

my usual approach to a fampyr dungeon is draw the lot of em into a kill box (those firecrackers work well for that), then overkill-ish AoE spells fired from both priest & wizard applied to said killbox, preferably flame based. bunch of dead fampyrs. cheap i know, but they be annoying ********, so they earned it.

• Like 1

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

using the distraction explosives is a good idea.  I rather thought it was an excellent mechanic when I first used it, then about a minute later it seemed, I had no need of doing anything but simply slaughtering everything in the first turn of combat.

seemed like there was a huge power jump when you hit around level 10-12.