Official Characters and Romance Thread (Spoiler Version) Part the Third

Update: aha, got it, looks like Tekehu's +1 triggers after the "The Kahanga royalty seem to be really taken with you" conversation. Now on to see how Maia will behave. I hope hers is also locked behind some player-initiated interaction, this way at least we have some measure of control over when and where it happens. Wonder what's Serafen's deal though (give me my hat already, you).

That's actually pretty clever. I am glad there are different triggers other than rep gains and losses.

• Like 1
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Running a Maia, Xoti, Eder, Aloth party. Xoti repeatedly pesters Aloth (of all people on Eora!) for relationship advice regarding Eder, and right next after that banter she asks the Watcher what is the best way to woo Maia. Oh Xoti, you dog. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

• Like 4

I've noticed that Xoti can hook up with both Edér or Maia. I suppose if the main character romances either Edér or Maia, Xoti picks the other. But if the main character doesn't romance anyone, what choice does Xoti make regarding romancing Edér or Maia? Does anyone know how that works out?

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

I've noticed that Xoti can hook up with both Edér or Maia. I suppose if the main character romances either Edér or Maia, Xoti picks the other. But if the main character doesn't romance anyone, what choice does Xoti make regarding romancing Edér or Maia? Does anyone know how that works out?

i think it depends on whom you tell her to pursue. She asked me for advice on how to approach Maia when they were at +2 with each other. Maia also asked me about her and Xoti once, and I could either support their relationship or tell them to drop it. Then at some point near the end of the game Xoti asked what I thought about her and Eder, I told her she was too young for him, and she tried to hit on me in responce. I said "Whoa, girl, I thought you liked Maia", she agreed, and boom, they were together in the ending slides (while Maia returned to Rauatai, and Xoti stayed in Neketaka, so the slides contradicted themselves).

• Like 1

I don't think Xoti can hook up with Eder, because he's not interested. But you can help them become buddies.

• Like 2

I have the "keep creating new characters" bug, so I have only gotten to level 8 and pretty much been in the main city. Xoti romance is a bear to get to start. My Heirophant finally got it to pop up in the middle of her personal quest. Building her rep seems easy at first, but it is really easy to bork it, especially if you take her on any of the Gullet questline. Fish Boy can easily knock it down by being "irresponsible" in his dialog, though he really kills Aloth's reputation. Got him to -1 red in a few convos due to Aloth's "pride" dislike.

Any way to farm Xoti approval for my wizard? I already did her quest with all of the romantic and sexual tension choices. Mayor Eder is also about to drop the hammer on her.

• Like 1

I have the "keep creating new characters" bug, so I have only gotten to level 8 and pretty much been in the main city. Xoti romance is a bear to get to start. My Heirophant finally got it to pop up in the middle of her personal quest. Building her rep seems easy at first, but it is really easy to bork it, especially if you take her on any of the Gullet questline. Fish Boy can easily knock it down by being "irresponsible" in his dialog, though he really kills Aloth's reputation. Got him to -1 red in a few convos due to Aloth's "pride" dislike.

Any way to farm Xoti approval for my wizard? I already did her quest with all of the romantic and sexual tension choices. Mayor Eder is also about to drop the hammer on her.

Be passionate and benevolent, and nice to her?

I remember her being happy with how I resolved the issue with the Gullet family trying to get out, but that might have only been in dialogue and not actually affected rep.

She jumped on me after I helped her with her quest, and only a little while after it.

Last I checked (today), the bad poetry lady's infinite Xoti and Serafen approval has not been fixed, if you don't mind getting diplomacy points along. That is, go visit the bad poetry girl upstairs in the Mare with Xoti in your party, ask her about her life, pick diplomatic option, repeat as many times as you need to get Xoti to 2.

• Like 1

Last I checked (today), the bad poetry lady's infinite Xoti and Serafen approval has not been fixed, if you don't mind getting diplomacy points along. That is, go visit the bad poetry girl upstairs in the Mare with Xoti in your party, ask her about her life, pick diplomatic option, repeat as many times as you need to get Xoti to 2.

It still works. Ended up not needing it, since once was enough, so I must have been on the cusp. Tried it with an older character and it can still be spammed.

Hey can anyone tell me if it's still possible to trigger Maia's romance if I get her comment about being with Tekēhu then immediately break it off with him?

I think you're out of luck. A flag was already set in Maia's conversation which I don't see an opportunity to change later on.

So, its Xoti's romance tied to her personal quest? because, even spamming the poetry lady as a test, it doesn't seem to start before that. Though, it may be tied to Eder rejecting her too.

• 3 months later...

And with "Seeker, Slayer, Survivor" Tekehu's pride finally broke Aloth:

Fj8gNjk.png

(Also, there is nothing wrong with necromancy. Better than constantly littering forums with short lived new topics. :- )

That is amazing hahaha. The game doesn't know how to handle it.

• Like 2