Official Characters and Romance Thread (Spoiler Version) Part the Third

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay, I reached +2 with Serafen and Tekehu (waaaaay earlier than the previous time), and they wouldn't initiate their conversations. Heck, Tekehu hasn't even given me the +1 one. What is going on I wonder? Did the patch put some of these dialogue behind a certain plot point? Is it only the romance related stuff that gets delayed so that we don't get attacked by hungry companions right off the bat (if so, I hope I won't get +1 and +2 both one right after another)? Eder started his friendly +1 chat just fine, and Aloth attempted to give me the -1 "You're like Thaos" speech even though its flow hilariously bugged out. I guess I'll have to test it further with Maia to understand what's going on. 

But then again, Serafen's +2 conversation also doesn't trigger. And I want that cool hat from him since we are already that close after a single day of running around Neketaka. C'mon Serafen, I know you like me enough. 

Update: aha, got it, looks like Tekehu's +1 triggers after the "The Kahanga royalty seem to be really taken with you" conversation. Now on to see how Maia will behave. I hope hers is also locked behind some player-initiated interaction, this way at least we have some measure of control over when and where it happens. Wonder what's Serafen's deal though (give me my hat already, you).

Interesting. I started a new game after being away a while, and where previously I got Tekehu's dialog very quickly after hitting +1, now I'm at +2, finished the first part of the quest with the watershapers and Delver's Row, and still not a peep :blink: Since I was away a while, not up to date on patch notes, did they change it that much?

Okay, I reached +2 with Serafen and Tekehu (waaaaay earlier than the previous time), and they wouldn't initiate their conversations. Heck, Tekehu hasn't even given me the +1 one. What is going on I wonder? Did the patch put some of these dialogue behind a certain plot point? Is it only the romance related stuff that gets delayed so that we don't get attacked by hungry companions right off the bat (if so, I hope I won't get +1 and +2 both one right after another)? Eder started his friendly +1 chat just fine, and Aloth attempted to give me the -1 "You're like Thaos" speech even though its flow hilariously bugged out. I guess I'll have to test it further with Maia to understand what's going on. 

But then again, Serafen's +2 conversation also doesn't trigger. And I want that cool hat from him since we are already that close after a single day of running around Neketaka. C'mon Serafen, I know you like me enough. 

Update: aha, got it, looks like Tekehu's +1 triggers after the "The Kahanga royalty seem to be really taken with you" conversation. Now on to see how Maia will behave. I hope hers is also locked behind some player-initiated interaction, this way at least we have some measure of control over when and where it happens. Wonder what's Serafen's deal though (give me my hat already, you).

Interesting. I started a new game after being away a while, and where previously I got Tekehu's dialog very quickly after hitting +1, now I'm at +2, finished the first part of the quest with the watershapers and Delver's Row, and still not a peep :blink: Since I was away a while, not up to date on patch notes, did they change it that much?

Yeah, made a new character as well and things seem to have changed - Serafen's and Eder's +1 and Aloth's -1 triggered as fast as usual, Tekehu's +1 dialogue never happened yet. Here's hoping it's not bugged, since I don't recall any patch notes regarding that.  :getlost:

Yeah, made a new character as well and things seem to have changed - Serafen's and Eder's +1 and Aloth's -1 triggered as fast as usual, Tekehu's +1 dialogue never happened yet. Here's hoping it's not bugged, since I don't recall any patch notes regarding that.  :getlost:

https://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/9uag2h/companion_conversations_not_triggering_anymore/e92zqj2

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

So out of curiosity, has anyone managed to figure out which quests need to be done to trigger any of the Tekehu rep dialog now? So far I've completed: The Delver's Row stuff, the Watershapers Guild, Motare o Kozi, and the Wahaki quests for the Huana faction without any dialog triggers, so I assume it's either bugged or after all of those. Although that seems like a lot of quests to go through for just the +1 rep conversation.

Edit: Oh, and Poko Kohara is done too. Maybe it's all locked into Act 3? I'm entirely out of Huana quests to do lol

Edited by Sylph_14

So out of curiosity, has anyone managed to figure out which quests need to be done to trigger any of the Tekehu rep dialog now? So far I've completed: The Delver's Row stuff, the Watershapers Guild, Motare o Kozi, and the Wahaki quests for the Huana faction without any dialog triggers, so I assume it's either bugged or after all of those.

I assume by "Delver's Row stuff" you mean that you completed the rogue watershapers quest from the prince, too? A few patches ago Tekehu's +1 triggered either after the "Kahanga Roaylty seem to be really taken with you" conversation or after finishing this quest. But I haven't touched the game since BoW's release so I don't know if this was changed.

So out of curiosity, has anyone managed to figure out which quests need to be done to trigger any of the Tekehu rep dialog now? So far I've completed: The Delver's Row stuff, the Watershapers Guild, Motare o Kozi, and the Wahaki quests for the Huana faction without any dialog triggers, so I assume it's either bugged or after all of those.

I assume by "Delver's Row stuff" you mean that you completed the rogue watershapers quest from the prince, too? A few patches ago Tekehu's +1 triggered either after the "Kahanga Roaylty seem to be really taken with you" conversation or after finishing this quest. But I haven't touched the game since BoW's release so I don't know if this was changed.

You assume correctly :) Completed the rogue watershaper questline, as well as the guild one with the dragon. I've noticed I'm not getting any of the dialog between companions, the ones that bring up the dialog box I mean. The ambient ones are still going off fine.