Oathbinder Sanctum, how the heck can I talk my way out of this one?

only way I found to walk away (which I didn't....cose hello..lunatic) , is to let them do what they were about to do . 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

You can convince them not to kill the guy, or just tell them you're there to watch, but you need the right passive rank/disposition rank to succeed at it. Don't remember which option I used with the MC that didn't kill them, unfortunately.

Honestly they are a bit crazy, anyone associated with Woedica and wants to kill for a 100 year old grudge is insane in my book.

Also they have that neat Woedica hood with mask. So idk why you'd want to spare them.

Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Maybe if you helped Woedica (Previous ending) they're more willing to listen?  Unless you saved her with that one ending, you're talking about a bunch of cultists, worshipping a (basically) dead god, so not shocking they're a little off their rockers.

Honestly they are a bit crazy, anyone associated with Woedica and wants to kill for a 100 year old grudge is insane in my book.

Also they have that neat Woedica hood with mask. So idk why you'd want to spare them.

I was on a godlike  and Woedica's hood is not that useful on a non-PC, so I thought why the hell not.  :biggrin:

Maybe if you helped Woedica (Previous ending) they're more willing to listen?  Unless you saved her with that one ending, you're talking about a bunch of cultists, worshipping a (basically) dead god, so not shocking they're a little off their rockers.

Unless I missed something, siding with Woedica doesn't seem to have any effect here, and woefully little acknowledgement in general.

To save Oswald AND not fight the Woedicans, you need to pass a silent Bluff check of 7.  I say silent because the game doesn't tell you that's the skill being checked (even in the NPC's conversation window). 

But according to the data files there are two separate Bluff checks of 3 and 7 in the dialogue trees.  I don't believe the Bluff check of 3 can lead to an option that doesn't lead to a fight.  The one that does though is the following:

1: Do you condemn the innocent out of spite - or mere incompetence? [Rational]

1: I'm a Watcher.  I've conversed with the tortured souls that met your justice.  Not all were guilty.

1: Continue.

3: [Lie] "Too many to count." [hidden Bluff check of 7 to pass - if you fail it she calls you a liar]

You know you passed the Bluff check if Lödwyn says in response "I sense... no deception in your words.  Could it be we've wronged so many?"

She then basically says 'Take this dofus before I change my mind while I pray to my god for some answers'.

Truth be told, I'd rather kick them all in the head and be done with it. :lol:  

====

Basically she doesn't give one rotten fig if one person who was innocent was killed by them.  But she is shaken if she believes your lie that they killed 'countless' innocents. If you lie and tell her "only a few" and pass the Bluff check of 3 for her to believe you, she'll still try to rationalize her actions away.

Aloth does chime in with an observation at that point which is tied to his PoE I gamestate (his ending as well as his autonomy/authority axis) so it MIGHT be possible that he can help talk her down.

But it's more likely it's either Bluff 7 or your party gets a bit of a workout if one wants to save Oswald.

Edited by Zap Gun For Hire
  • Like 4