[Bug?] Random encounters in Neketaka not triggering

Jelei

Question

I started a new playthrough with 1.1 but for some reason I haven't seen a single one of the random encounters one can get in Neketaka. I expect this would be some sort of a bug. Has anyone experienced similar, found a fix or am I the only one suffering from this?

7 answers to this question

I started a new playthrough with 1.1 but for some reason I haven't seen a single one of the random encounters one can get in Neketaka. I expect this would be some sort of a bug. Has anyone experienced similar, found a fix or am I the only one suffering from this?

How far in the game are you? They don't appear often and you can go long stretches without one, there's also some that are quest triggered.

How far in the game are you? They don't appear often and you can go long stretches without one, there's also some that are quest triggered.

Done Hasongo and most factions are one quest away from going to Crookspur. I've gotten the quest triggered ones, but they aren't really random are they? Could be I have just had very bad luck this second run, but on my first time they triggered pretty evenly. I even spent 30 minutes today running from exit to exit and district to district trying to get them.

Hello Jelei,

Thanks for the post! Can you provide us the savegame in which this issue is occurring? I will still get it in for QA to investigate in the meantime to see if the can reproduce.

Best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

I'm also experiencing this problem, I think.

It occurred when I was doing the "Cornett's Call" quest. I had previously retrieved the Conch from the Old City before accepting the quest from Dereo. I got the other conch from Takano's villa via convincing him with the religion option to give the conch freely.

I didn't get jumped in Neketaka by the thief that usually confronts the party after you get the conch from Takano's villa.

I've traveled the breadth of Neketaka several times, but I haven't received any random encounter after I did that quest.

EDIT/UPDATE:

I managed to trigger 2-3 random encounters in Neketaka. I'm not sure what did the trick, but I completed all of the RDC/VTC quests up to Crookspur before the random encounters popped up.

Edited by CobaltDragoon